PDA

View Full Version : Please update the new client download

DrawingGuy
07-17-2013, 11:42 PM
So I decided to return to the game for a bit to see what has changed in the time I've been gone. As I got a new PC since that time, I needed to download the client again. Knowing some of the changes that has happened, it was a bit surprising seeing the same client look I was with from over a year ago... Eberron tags and all. Sure enough, looking at the client files, they date back to 2012. Now I have the joy of sitting through almost 8k of patch files - a process that is taking longer than the original download and install.

This client download is waaaaay past due for a more recent posting. Please update the base client download so that new and returning players can dive in with say a month's worth of patching instead of a year's.

Wildseed
07-19-2013, 12:03 AM
/signed.

We definitely need an update as someone who downloads the game whenever I feel like a change to my os, we definitely need an updated one, it's annoying to have to wait for 2 hours or more for the patch.

Archangel_666
07-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Interesting.

Did you download it via the Game Download link on the Forums?

The reason i ask is because I had to completely reinstall Windows on my PC about three weeks ago and so had to reinstall DDO.

To my surprise the client downloaded fast and completely updated in just over twenty minutes.

I was surprised as hell, I was expecting to be updating for three to four hours.

So erm...kudos to Turbine for that.