PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to get a ranger PL out of the way.

Whitehairguy
07-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Looking for ideas on a painless Ranger life. Trying to work with my current gear, which is all trap gear and THF items and various named/raid items. 99% sure I don't have a box of any kind, which is funny considering this will be my 12th life. Any advice, thoughts or ideas that don't involve spending more in the store than I want would be greatly appreciated.

Whitehairguy
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Current thoughts look something like a deep bard splash or a lighter fighter one. Both with at least one rogue level.

Marcus-Hawkeye
07-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Well unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how this build will play out when the expansion hits, but I'm doing a half elf 14 ranger 6 monk tempest II ninja spy with cleric dilly and I'm having a lot of fun with it. More than I had figured I would. Currently level 15 and tearing stuff up. But you'll need short swords.

unbongwah
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Well, normally I'd say Tempest II is the sweet spot, but that presumes you go for TWF. Presuming you park @ lvl 18 like most TRs, maybe rgr 15 / rog 1 / ftr or monk 2? The extra rgr lvls get you a 4th FE and lvl 4 spells (FoM + CSW).

toaftoaf
07-09-2013, 04:54 PM
ranger/monk/artie might be your style

Dylvish
07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
From what I have seen, Tempest will once again be quite the powerful class when expansion hits. Maybe wait until then before doing your ranger life?