PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Otto's!

Cyligul
07-04-2013, 03:07 PM
The Bigby's won't be on my shopping list anytime soon...there is a big difference in the substituted level 16 for level 7 experience - they are simply not worth the TP...

Qhualor
07-04-2013, 03:20 PM
hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.

Braegan
07-04-2013, 03:32 PM
hilarious. people wont buy Bigbys because they cant gain an additional level or 2 with xp boosts. as if skipping 8 levels already wasn't good enough. funny how people were buying Ottos before they found out about xp boosts stacking. suddenly the price was fine after complaints about the price. I guess people are really saying the price is fine as a 10 level skipping stone.

I would be ok with Bigby Box if I knew ahead of time that xp bonuses wouldn't apply. Feels, cheesey and a bit shady to hock an item with same name and have it function differently. Aside from that, it's not that bad of a deal. It has less fluff then Ottos box had that I didn't want anyways.

bergeau09
07-04-2013, 07:52 PM

Can't agree more. 7 to 15 is a huge jump. And people complaining about the price seem to forgot that the box also include 3 Sov I exp pots + a choice of nice goodies. You're far from being ripped off, if you think so because (as you said) you cannot get 1-2 levels off exp bonus; I mean c'mon people, 8 free levels is alredy nice, why complain ?
Just my opinion,

Hoss~

/Popcorn maybe?

Vordax
07-04-2013, 10:13 PM

You make it sound like no big deal when you say its just a couple levels, its the XP difference. Base (legend lives) 7-15 vs 8-16 is about 260k difference in XP. If you count the XP difference with pots it is almost 1.5 million XP difference. That is a big difference in XP.

TimethiefXVI
07-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Can't agree more. 7 to 15 is a huge jump. And people complaining about the price seem to forgot that the box also include 3 Sov I exp pots + a choice of nice goodies. You're far from being ripped off, if you think so because (as you said) you cannot get 1-2 levels off exp bonus; I mean c'mon people, 8 free levels is alredy nice, why complain ?
Just my opinion,

Hoss~

/Popcorn maybe?

Ehy the box is unatractive to me? easy. In order to have a smooth and steady TR i play each q 2 lvl above its lvl on elite. From lvl 11 on i prospone a whole lvl, so i can do the lvl 15q and jump up to 18. 18 is the important step, as it is the "equilibrium" for the capping process. You dont take lvl 19, u take lvl 18 and stay 18 till cap.
The ottos stones werent that great without the bonus xp applied. But with bonus xp you were able to crash the lvl 18 "threshhold" and join the capping parties. In order to maintain my current system of TR i will have to take the stone and run lvl12q with a sov pot, or go into lvl 16q without beeing lvl 18. Both is doable, but not satisfying for me. Instead of saving me 4 or 5 days the new box is saving me now 1 or 2.

Silvias
07-06-2013, 02:17 AM
it was nice of you to explain to them brizza but if they can't tell the difference between the stone's then just forget it.

Tscheuss
07-06-2013, 02:32 AM
What?!? They nerfed the easy button. *sigh*

*gets ready for work

j/k

DDOisFree
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
While your at it, also allow TR characters to start at level 7 veteran status, and sell level 7-16 stones individually for 1000 turbine points.

Gogo pay to completionist.

This post is sarcasm, I still refuse to use XP potions.