PDA

View Full Version : One-handed weapon ideas?

pelaaja
07-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I was just quickly thinking if there would be any ways to possibly let players to use one-handed weapons without a shield with some kind of a bonus. I mean in a way that you really don't use a rapier with a shield when fencing and so on.

It doesn't have to be anything which would increase the damage, but rather have like a feat, enhancement or even a prestige (Duelist/swashbuckler prestige for fighter?)

http://dndtools.eu/classes/swashbuckler/ is the class, but could be implemented into Fighter prestige.

Would love to see that one-handed fighting would get some kind of love, too.

Ralmeth
07-04-2013, 10:09 PM
/signed. I would really love to be able make a swashbuckler. Fighting style could be single rapier, rapier and buckler or rapier and another light weapon. I wouldnt hold my breath for it but a proper fencing attack chain would be awesome:) Add in some cosmetic armor and plumed hats and that could be fun! Though I took a look at the link and think this would need to be completely redone for DDO.

pelaaja
07-05-2013, 04:42 AM
/signed. I would really love to be able make a swashbuckler. Fighting style could be single rapier, rapier and buckler or rapier and another light weapon. I wouldnt hold my breath for it but a proper fencing attack chain would be awesome:) Add in some cosmetic armor and plumed hats and that could be fun! Though I took a look at the link and think this would need to be completely redone for DDO.

My guess is that the swashbuckler would get some kind of bonus with weapons like rapier, scimitar, khopesh(?), and shortsword. Another one is that it's available to all Weapon Finessable weapons.
The buckler idea would be great as it would actually make bucklers at least useful in the game.
Though I'm not sure about the TWFing as it'd just open the swashbuckler to tempests and so on (although Tempests would probably love it if it was able to do so).

Let's see some enhancements possibly:

Grace: +1/+2/+3 to reflex saves, Maximum DEX Bonus and max dodge cap.

Acrobatic: +1/+2/+3 to Jump, Tumble and Balance

Dodge: +1/+2/+3% to dodge and +2/+4/+6 to AC

Lucky: +1/+2/+3 to all saves

Improved Flanking: You gain +4/+6/+8 to attack instead of 2 while flanking. You also gain +2/+4/+6 to damage while flanking.

Slippery Mind: Same as the rogue's feat. (re-roll the failed will save)

Insightful Strike: You may apply your INT-modifier instead of STR to finessable weapons as long as you're not wearing a medium or heavy armor, encumbered and not equipping a large shield.

Weakening Critical: on a critical hit, the enemy also loses 2 STR

Wounding Critical: on a critical hit, the enemy also loses 2 CON (Weakening Critical pre-req)

Deadly Critical: The amount of stat damage done by any source is doubled (Wounding Critical pre-req, tier 5)

Master Fencing: All Finessable weapons' critical damage (or threat) is increased by 1