PDA

View Full Version : Potion Package for New Players

HatsuharuZ
07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I think that in order to make the game more enjoyable for new players and lessen the gap between newbs and vets, it is necessary to introduce new players to the strategies that make veteran players successful. For this reason, I think it would be a good idea to give new players/characters a selection of free bound-to-character potions, a short explanation of the properties of each potion, and point out that items from the players' inventory can be moved to hotbars.

The potions I have in mind are: Cure Light Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Remove Curse, Remove Disease and Remove Poison. A stack of 10 each should suffice.

ForumAccess
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
This seems like a really great idea, though it could perhaps even go further! Add in a level 1 hireling contract for Cleric, WF Sorc, and Rogue. These could come with expanded tooltips that explain each of their functions, and also mention that hirelings can give you a bit of assistance when you are unable to find eligible groups. ..... Since, you know, Wayfinder was set as the new default server for new players, with it's absence of grouping options.