PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Changes

Nibor
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
From the release notes:

Randomly generated treasure has been improved to better scale to player power at all levels of play.
The following only applies to new items that can be found throughout Ebberon and the Realms:

There are many new item effects and higher bonuses to find!
Notable new effects to find include Improved Vorpal, Energy Absorption, and Doubleshot, +10% Dodge, among many others.
Some effects have been rebalanced or removed, with the overall goal of reducing the proportion of items which are of very low quality for their level.
New randomly-generated items will no longer be able to appear with Race Restrictions.
Instead, new items have a chance to appear with “Masterful Craftsmanship”. An item with Masterful Craftsmanship has a lower minimum level to equip than an item with its enchantments otherwise would.

So what's new and exciting?

So far:

Speed VII - Passive: +30% Enhancement Bonus to Movement Speed, +7% Enhancement Bonus to Melee and Ranged Attack Speed. A take on "perma-haste" it seems. Found it on gloves with Strength +8 - Ogre Power +8 Gloves of Speed (no mention of the level of speed in the name, more AH searching limits), +15 min lvl 24.

Also found Clever +7 Necklace of Bluffing +17 as +15 min lvl 24, which seems lower than it would have been before?

Nibor
06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Ran a EH Detour; just about every item that dropped had something new about it.

From the chests:

+6 Flurry Planeforged Plate of Deathblock, +16 min lvl 25
* Doublestrike 4%
* Deathblock IV: Passive: 12% Enhancement bonus to Negative Energy Absorption. In addition, you are immune to magical effects that can cause instant death.
* Blue slot

+4 Shockproof Planeforged Docent of Axeblock
* Electric Absorption - 15%: Passive: 15% Enhancement bonus to Electric Absorption. (Absorption reduces damage from an element by a percentage, after resistances have been taken into account)
* Axeblock VI: Passive: DR 12/Pierce, Bludgeon

+5 Retributive Planeforged Half Plate of Deathblock, +16 min lvl 25
* Fire Guard VI: When Hit in Melee: Deals 6 to 24 Fire damage to your attacker
* Deathblock V: Passive: 15% Enhancement bonus to Negative Energy Absorption. In addition, you are immune to magical effects that can cause instant death.

+7 Thaumaturgy Qstaff of Wizardry VII, +16 min lvl 25
* Impulse/Combustion +120, potency +80
* Wizardry VII: +175 enhancement to SP
* Red slot

And the reward list:

+6 Retributive Celestial Buckler of Bashing - +17, min lvl 26(!), Shield Bonus +9, DR 11
* Lightning Guard VI: When Hit in Melee: Deals 6 to 24 Electric damage to your attacker.
* Bashing V: On Shield Bash: +3d4 Bludgeoning damage. On Melee Hit: +4% Chance to automatically hit your enemy with a Shield Bash attack

+4 Shock Kukri of Parrying; +17, min lvl 26
* Shock 6d4: On Hit: 6 to 24 Electric Damage
* Parrying V: Passive: +3 Insight Bonus to AC, +2 Insight Bonus to Fort, Reflex, and Will saving throws
* Red Slot

Clever +8 Cursed Helm of Natural Armor +6; +16 min lvl 25
* Curse of Frality: Passive: -1 Penalty to Con (The min lvl required to equip this item is lower than normal due to this curse)
* Int +8
* Natural Armor +6
* Colorless slot
* Yellow slot

Armored +10 Gloves of False Life +40, +16 min lvl 25
* Armor Bonus +10
* Hit Points +40 (enhancement bonus)

+6 Retributive Celestial Chainmain of Hammerblock, +16 min lvl 25
* Ice Guard V: When Hit in Melee: Deals 5 to 20 Cold damage to your attacker
* Hammerblock V: Passive: Reduces physical damage taken by 10, except from Piercing or Slashing weapons (DR 10/Slash,Pierce)

Health +7 Bracers, +17, min lvl 26
* Con +7
* Dodge +8% (bug? Should be indicated in the name somehow)
* Yellow slot

Wise +8 Necklace of Wizardry VII, +15 min lvl 24
* Identical to before

Acidproof Necklace of Resistance +8, +16 min lvl 25
* Acid Resistance +40 (enhancement)
* Resistance +8 (Resistance bonus)

Soundproof Ring of Protection +9, +17 min lvl 26
* Sonic Resistance +40 (enhancement)
* Protection +9 (Deflection bonus to AC)

Overall, it looks like they've made an effort to make all effects have some scaling up into higher levels, so treasure effects can scale forever. Sadly, they're going to be impossible to AH search the differences - hopefully AH and ASAH improvements will come after this?
in general, I like the approach. It also looks like treasure is ready to go up to lvl 28, so I may try to do some digging later with a jewel of fortune or some such.

LeoLionxxx
06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Ran a EH Detour; just about every item that dropped had something new about it.

Clever +8 Cursed Helm of Natural Armor +6; +16 min lvl 25
* Curse of Frality: Passive: -1 Penalty to Con (The min lvl required to equip this item is lower than normal due to this curse)
* Int +8
* Natural Armor +6
* Colorless slot
* Yellow slot

Really like this 'curse' thing. Good trade off of power :)

Nibor
06-28-2013, 03:54 PM
A few other curiosities:

Fortification now seems to be available in more tiers; it's now named Fortification X%; instead of heavy, I see Fortification 100%, and on some low level item I saw Fortification 20%. Will we see Fort 125% (not exceptional)?
Vitality in low amounts - not sure if this was available before? Found a lootgen Vitality +5.
ElementProof effect - elemental absorption - comes in tiers as well. Found a min lvl 2 item with Cold absorption 3%.
Keen has been renamed to "Keen I" on all my items that had keen already. That tells me there's a Keen II - which sounds really good, even if I don't know what it means.
Force is properly added to the elemental damage options, not just on handwraps. Found a bow with "Eldritch"; Force 2d4. Low levels of elemental damage are still 1d6, but then it appears in higher levels it moves to d4, like the Shock 6d4 item above.

Nibor
06-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Fortification now seems to be available in more tiers; it's now named Fortification X%; instead of heavy, I see Fortification 100%, and on some low level item I saw Fortification 20%. Will we see Fort 125% (not exceptional)?

Answer - found a Fortification 115% item. Bracers, also had dodge 8%, +15 min lvl 24.

CoasterHops
06-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Ohhhh some of this stuff is starting to look interesting.

LupusVai
06-29-2013, 08:47 AM
My +1 frost of disruption handwraps ml12 on live are level 14 on lam.

Not sure if they've increased the ML of disruption or if the old bug where by handwraps had +2 to the ML of effects has come back.

FlaviusMaximus
06-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Keen II adds .5 weapon damage. Same crit range function as Keen I.

Satyriasys
06-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I forget the name of the bonus but found an item with spellcraft on it.

LightBear
06-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Any changes to older random generated gear or named items?
How about the augments?

Ironclans_evil_twin
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
what they should do is allow weapons to have one or more random increases to base damage, crit range and/or multiplier.

This would leave the possibility to have a Pick with +1W or X5, or a Scimmy with 16-20 range, or if your stars aligned just right, a pick with +1W AND X5 AND 19-20 on top of their normal stats and whatever other randomness it rolled. SO the extreme outlier random loot weapon could rival a named weapon.

ArcaneArcher52689
07-01-2013, 02:11 PM
what they should do is allow weapons to have one or more random increases to base damage, crit range and/or multiplier.

This would leave the possibility to have a Pick with +1W or X5, or a Scimmy with 16-20 range, or if your stars aligned just right, a pick with +1W AND X5 AND 19-20 on top of their normal stats and whatever other randomness it rolled. SO the extreme outlier random loot weapon could rival a named weapon.

This seems unlikely and counter productive to what they'd want...

After all, if you can get something just as good farming the packs you already have, why would you need to buy the new packs?

Nibor
07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
A few more tidbits:

Keen III: +1[W] damage along with extended crit range; looks like every tier past Keen I adds a +.5[W]
Deception V: 5% Chance on Hit: Your target becomes Bluffed for four seconds. On Sneak Attack: +5 to Attack and Damage.
Boots with an armor bonus, like bracers might have. Armored +10 Cursed Boots of False Life +35 - min lvl 23, -1 Int, Armor +10, +35 HP

None of my named items with Improved Deception were changed; my heroic Midnight Greetings still has the old Deception wording as well. Bracers of the Sun Soul now say "Parrying VIII" instead, but it's the same +4 Insight bonus. Items with Heavy Fort now say "Fortification 100%". Augments don't appear to have been changed at all; they are still Heavy Fortification augments, not Fortification 100% augments. Guardian of the Liturgy went from "Improved Heartseeker" to "Heartseeker IV", same effect.

Nibor
07-02-2013, 12:37 PM
The future of caster items? Some low level stuff (Irestone inlet runs are nice for treasure review)

+2 Resonance Handwraps of Acid Lore III: BPM +5, min lvl 6
Spellcasting Implement
+2 Enhancement
Acid Lore III: Passive: Your Acid spells gain +3% Equipment Bonus to their chance to Critical Hit.
Resonance: Passive: +54 Equipment Bonus to Sonic Spell Power
Masterful Craftsmanship

+2 Reconstruction Scepter of Ice Lore II: BPM +4, min lvl 6
Spellcasting Implement, +2 Enhancement
Ice Lore II: Passive: Your Cold speels gain +2% crit chance
Reconstruction: +48 Equipment Bonus

Those seem like good deals for the level, especially the Masterful Craftsmanship version. Would like to see some high level versions to see what's what.

Ironclans_evil_twin
07-03-2013, 09:44 AM
This seems unlikely and counter productive to what they'd want...

After all, if you can get something just as good farming the packs you already have, why would you need to buy the new packs?

I think you missed the point of this thread :)

Wizza
07-03-2013, 10:17 AM
That Acid Lore is nothing less than the same we have on live. EE Iron beads has Lightning lore VI: 6% crit chance (heavily nerfed, 12% on Live atm)

Kambuk
07-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Looks like Holy got hit with the nerf bat.
Holy 2d4 on a ML 23 item?
How is that better scaling with player power?

Item is a Holy Light Mace of Parrying +14
+6 Enhancment Bonus
Holy 2d4
Parrying IV +2 Saves & AC

I would post a screenshot but this forum is less than friendly.
No surprises to the lack of feedback the effort to actually post anything due to the forum changes is way to high.

Kambuk

crobi
07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
I have started to collect the new properties on ddowiki.com: http://ddowiki.com/page/User:Tokhg

Feel free to use this in any other project that collects the new item properties