PDA

View Full Version : Canada Day and 4th of July Fireworks Please..... AKA Otto's Boxes!!

karpedieme
06-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Would be fantastic to have the Otto's Boxes back for these 2 festive Holidays indeed.

Next 2 week-ends are big Holidays for the North and South of North America.

Thanks for the consideration QuartermasterX.

Have a great day Eh!!

:)

QuartermasterX
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Would be fantastic to have the Otto's Boxes back for these 2 festive Holidays indeed.

Next 2 week-ends are big Holidays for the North and South of North America.

Thanks for the consideration QuartermasterX.

Have a great day Eh!!

Agreed... we will have something even nicer than Otto's Box this time around!

Galeria
07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Ooooh... can't wait to see what's better than an Otto's Box.

karpedieme
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM

Woot!!!

Happy canada Day to al my fellow canucks and Best coming 4th of July to all Americans.

Cheers QuarterMasterX

sjt_12
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Aaaaahhhhhh... Expectations rising...

Permian
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM

we can just buy a stone now and to heck with the box and its contents :P (and at a reasonable price) The box is frankly way too expensive for some folks.

Tyrande
07-01-2013, 01:38 PM

Something nicer than an Otto's Irrestible Box? What can it be?

A Red, White & Blue Otto's Irrestible Top Hat for everyone?

Tyrande
07-01-2013, 01:39 PM
we can just buy a stone now and to heck with the box and its contents :P (and at a reasonable price) The box is frankly way too expensive for some folks.

/agreed

5000 TP is too much if the stone is the only intended use.

Silverleafeon
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Ooooh... can't wait to see what's better than an Otto's Box.

+1 o.0 nods solemnly and wonders....

Failedlegend
07-02-2013, 11:38 AM
So...uh did I miss it? I was away on Canada Day...what happened?

Teh_Troll
07-03-2013, 08:49 AM

You know what's better than an Otto's Box?

NOT paying to win. :)

Seriously, one of these things costs more than the expansion, do you people really dislike levels 8-16 that much?

unacceptable
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Thank you for the new boxes. i call shennigans on the "nicer" part, but I guess they are still definitely better than nothing.

Gkar
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM
You know what's better than an Otto's Box?

NOT paying to win. :)

Seriously, one of these things costs more than the expansion, do you people really dislike levels 8-16 that much?

You aren't "winning" by skipping those levels, you are paying not to play levels you don't want to play. Sounds reasonable, this is after all entertainment, not work. Generally speaking in most forms of entertainment & sport you get advantages by paying for advantages.

Missing_Minds
07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Matter of opinion really. Players feel more like the box got hit by Bigby's Box Squishing Fist.

grausherra
07-03-2013, 04:25 PM

"Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box."

Sorry QMx, its actually way worse than an Ottos box : /

Thanks for getting my hopes up though!

gaffneyks
07-03-2013, 04:31 PM

Yeah right, Please do not try passing off an inferior product as better.

This is junk compared to Otto's box and everyone knows it.

Why would you change something that everyone wanted and was a good selling product? I really do not understand this decision but............
Guess I will keep my money in my wallet.

Sonos
07-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Make it stack or take it back! Make it stack or take it back! Make it stack or take it back! -mini-protest sign in front of Turbine Headquarter(masterx)s.

DrNuegebauer
07-03-2013, 10:59 PM

Do you have any information about this thing that is even nicer than Otto's Box?? When can we expect it????

Apologies for those whinging about the Bigby's box - they must think you're an imbecile? Of course you know that it's not 'even nicer'. Clearly they can't see that it's just the first thing being put out there, and the thing that is 'even nicer' is still on the way.

Could you please give us a hint as to what the 'even nicer' thing is? And when we can expect it please???

Qhualor
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
You aren't "winning" by skipping those levels, you are paying not to play levels you don't want to play. Sounds reasonable, this is after all entertainment, not work. Generally speaking in most forms of entertainment & sport you get advantages by paying for advantages.

for some it may be paying not to play levels they don't like, but the intention that most people use the skipping stone for is to get through that life faster. the advantage a player gets is less time spent earning those levels and bypasses part of the game. for TRs, they bypass a chunk of levels so they can get their PL faster and easier.

debo
07-04-2013, 02:07 PM

That's what troubles me about ddo. Your difference of better and the players difference of better.
How is a BigBy Handy Box better then an Otto Box?

Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.

Do you really think that for 1,000 TP Cheaper it is worth only going from level 15 instead of to level 19?

Or to put it this way.
This is where you end in xp with an otto box: 3,876,500
This is where you and in xp with a handy box: 3,322,300

For future reference more is better.

unacceptable
07-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I take back my comment about shennigans but can't edit my post.

This box could definitely be viewed as nicer if the XP bonus stacking wasn't known by the person making the comment. That's what I believed happened here. The XP elixirs and lower price are definitely nicer.

I also see why Turbine made such a change. I would appreciate an official comment from Turbine that the old Otto's boxes won't be nerfed because the xp stacking was known for a long time and some of us (me) made the Ottos box purchase after the issue was discussed on the forum for months so it appeared to be WAI the last time they were sold.

Anyhow I am picking up a few of these boxes. I would just like to know my other boxes won't be nerfed because I am saving those for epic TR. Otherwise I'll just use up those boxes before they are nerfed.

Thank you for the great job you do QuartermasterX.

Backley
07-05-2013, 09:08 AM

New Experience Stone is SELF USE ONLY (this is a change from the previous versions of this stone and not mentioned anywhere in the DDO Store or on the Bigby's Handy Box description before it is opened). My friend bought one, handed it to me to open and keep the red cubelet pet and use the stone on him (same thing we did with the Otto's Box) and it is now not possible.

He is putting in a ticket for a DDO Store refund right now.

Please update the item description and the DDO store description to warn of this new restriction.

I'll bug report it too (if I can get through the new painful bug reporting tool).

Not happy.

Fedora1
07-05-2013, 09:30 AM
New Experience Stone is SELF USE ONLY (this is a change from the previous versions of this stone and not mentioned anywhere in the DDO Store or on the Bigby's Handy Box description before it is opened). My friend bought one, handed it to me to open and keep the red cubelet pet and use the stone on him (same thing we did with the Otto's Box) and it is now not possible.

He is putting in a ticket for a DDO Store refund right now.

Please update the item description and the DDO store description to warn of this new restriction.

I'll bug report it too (if I can get through the new painful bug reporting tool).

Not happy.

Bigby's Handy Box
An awesome bundle that contains the following: • 1 Stone of Experience (Level 15)
• 3 Sovereign I Experience Elixirs
• 3 Siberys Spirit Cakes
• Your choice of either a Red Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion, 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing, or 25 Superior SP Potions.

The Stone of Experience allows level 7 or higher characters to immediately level up to level 15!

Before it's opened, this item is freely tradable to other characters. Once opened, the items received are bound to account.

At first I thought this was adequet to let someone know that it could not be used on others.

However, I then recalled that I bought a BTA Loot Boost x10 item and grouped with another player and cast them on him. So I definately see where you are coming from. Pretty confusing to be sure.

HAL
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Otto's Irresistible Box
1 Stone of Experience
5 Superior Experience Elixirs
5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
A choice of either 65 Astral Shards or a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion.

Bigby's Handy Box
1 Stone of Experience
3 Sovereign I XP Elixirs
3 Siberys Spirit Cakes
a choice of cube pet; 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing; 25 Superior SP Pots

XP Stone goes to 1 less actual level and doesn't stack with other XP effects I can't see how this could be construed to be "better".

XP Elixirs: 50% > 30% but the 30% are for 6hrs (>3hrs) and there are 5 of them (>3ct). Seems hard to say that the 3 Sovereign I are actually better.

5 Major Slayer Count Boosts > no slayer count boosts
5 Huge Jewels of Fortune > no Jewels
5 Siberys Spirit Cakes > 3 cakes
3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes > no Greater cakes
A choice of either 65 Astral Shards or a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion: 65AS > 100 Gold Seal Elixirs of Superior Healing or 25 Superior SP Pots but that's my opinion.

The only thing about the Bigby's box that you could possibly construe to be better is the cost. But lower cost for VASTLY lower content...

QuartermasterX, now that we have seen the content of the Bigby's Box I assume that you don't ACTUALLY think that it's better than Otto's. I assume that at the time of this post you must have been misinformed by someone about the Bigby's Box. If I were you I would talk to that person about how I was not going to communicate with the DDO community about upcoming sales if I was going to be misinformed like this...

Backley
07-10-2013, 12:22 PM
At first I thought this was adequet to let someone know that it could not be used on others.

However, I then recalled that I bought a BTA Loot Boost x10 item and grouped with another player and cast them on him. So I definately see where you are coming from. Pretty confusing to be sure.

And I have been informed that the DDO Store description for Bigby's Handy Box now states: "Before it's opened, this item is freely tradable to other characters. Once opened, the items received are bound to account. The stone of experience cannot be used on other players." (the bold section is the added text).

Glad it was updated, but quoting the new description to close a support ticket created before the description was changed is not cool. ):

If anyone needs screenshots showing the old version of the description:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2660/0fe2.jpg
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5036/kdzy.jpg

QuartermasterX
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
This box could definitely be viewed as nicer if the XP bonus stacking wasn't known by the person making the comment. That's what I believed happened here. The XP elixirs and lower price are definitely nicer.

Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone. Keep in mind we are constantly reading for feedback and reevaluating our offerings.

I would just like to know my other boxes won't be nerfed because I am saving those for epic TR. Otherwise I'll just use up those boxes before they are nerfed.

Yes, we are not making any changes to Otto's Boxes that have been previously bought.

Drwaz99
07-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes, we are not making any changes to Otto's Boxes that have been previously bought.

So, as I know many people are going to wonder: is this your way of of saying that in the future any "Otto's" or any other "TBD - stringtableerror" box will not have the additional benefit of stacking XP?

Teh_Troll
07-10-2013, 01:17 PM

So the one's I've acquired will go up in value?

Let the price-gauging begin! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

HAL
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ok, now you're scaring me ;P

unacceptable
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you for the response QuartermasterX

mikarddo
07-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone. Keep in mind we are constantly reading for feedback and reevaluating our offerings.

Thats only half an answer. What about future sales of Ottos boxes? Will those remain the same or be changed to the significantly lesser effect of no xp stacking?

Galeria
07-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different. I apologize for the confusion everyone.

Thanks for the response, it makes more sense now. I was pretty disappointed in the Bigby's Box and really hoped you didn't think it was somehow better.

So, for some feedback, I know someone on your team is all about level 15 being the new 1, but until you guys actually give us more level 15-19 content, dropping people off at level 15 is pretty rough.

It least at 16 with bonuses, a stoned toon was almost ready to TR without a lot of extra grinding, or start working on some Epic XP. At a flat 15 with no bonuses, I wouldn't buy one. 7-15 flies by in no time, 15-20 drag. IMHO.

gaffneyks
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Ok here is some "feedback".

I bought a few Boxes to reduce the grind from 16-20. To do this I also bought a XP shrine for the guild ship & a few Sovereign XP pots. This brought in money to the store, through multiple purchases.

The new Bibby's box did not give my this benefit, therefore I purchased ZERO bringing in ZERO cash.

Sell something that reduces that grind and I would spend money like i did on the Otto's box, even though I only used a couple things in the package and had to buy additional items.

I would think with all the bugs in this game the devs would have something to work on other than "fixing" a product that not only sold, but then sold additional products from the store. Just saying.

Thanks for your up front response. I am sure it sucks to be made look bad publicly through no fault of your own.

PermaBanned
07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
^This^ Was posted on 7/1, and the box came what... 2 days later?

Unfortunately this was the case. At the time of my post the design for Bigby's Box was different.
Makes me really curious 1)What was the original package supposed to include, and 2)Why was it changed on such short notice?

droid327
07-11-2013, 03:31 AM
XP shrine for the guild ship & a few Sovereign XP pots.

Sell something that reduces that grind and I would spend money

Um, XP shrines and pots DO reduce the grind from 16-20. They just don't reduce it to zero, like you apparently want.

I never got the impression the stacking you got from Ottos stones was ever intentional. And, really, the sense of entitlement from people that are getting so upset about it being "fixed" just reeks of P2W.

gaffneyks
07-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Um, XP shrines Andrew pots DO reduce the grind from 16-20. They just don't reduce it to zero, like you apparently want.

I never got the impression the stacking you got from Ottos stones was ever intentional. And, really, the sense of entitlement from people that are getting so upset about it being "fixed" just reeks of P2W.

I am so sick of morons & their "pay to win" comments.
There is no winning in this game. This is not a pvp game.

There is only pay to reduce grind & some of us who have ground
Out the same **** over and over have no problem paying.

Also the xp pots & shrines do not reduce it to zero. But don't let
Facts get in your way as you mindlessly complain about p2w.