PDA

View Full Version : will i need bastard sword prof?

C-Shell
06-27-2013, 06:07 AM
hey guys.

right now running a 12 pally, 3 monk, 2 fighter. can level him to 18 now but im unsure which feat to take. i want him to use the citw nightmares for endgame mostly, which i have banked already. do i need the bastard sword prof for it or will i be fine without? other feats i could take at lvl 18 would be stunning blow, maximize spell or precision.

anyone with an opinion on that?

one of the epic feats will be overwhelming crit of course.

thanks

Rawrargh
06-27-2013, 06:18 AM
hey guys.

right now running a 12 pally, 3 monk, 2 fighter. can level him to 18 now but im unsure which feat to take. i want him to use the citw nightmares for endgame mostly, which i have banked already. do i need the bastard sword prof for it or will i be fine without? other feats i could take at lvl 18 would be stunning blow, maximize spell or precision.

anyone with an opinion on that?

one of the epic feats will be overwhelming crit of course.

thanks

You get something like 25% miss chance (no matter your attack bonus) by using weapons wich you aren't proficient in, so if you're planning on using a BS for more than a caster stick, you better pick up the proficiency

Rusty_Can
06-27-2013, 06:22 AM
do i need the bastard sword prof for it or will i be fine without?

If you are planning to go S&B, then you will need proficiency in order to deal glancing blows with your BS (http://ddowiki.com/page/Bastard_Sword).

Moreover, without proficiency, you could experience several misses, assuming the current combat system works as advertised.