PDA

View Full Version : Silly Arti queries.

GreatMadWombat
06-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Alright, I have a handful of "I'm just starting to get into epics" Arti questions

1. If I'm the sort of artificer who, even after every buff I can scrounge up to saves(GH, +2 luck, +6 resistance), can barely touch a base save of 30/30/30, does it make sense for me to grab those twists that say "you don't fail this type of save on a 1"?

2. Assuming I don't grab all of those twists, what twists are just gosh-dang amazing for artis?

3. If I have a runearm of a certain damage type, and have a pile of spellpower enhancements for that damage type, will that affect my runearm? Just grabbed an EE Chill of Winter for 30-odd shards. It was awesome, and made me happy, and I wanna know if I should throw some enhancement points at frost-awesomeness.

4. at lvls 21+, will my doggy get more enhancements? or can they only reach 1 dog capstone?

5. What really good endgame repeaters are there? As of right now, m end goal is "epic silver slinger with as many force rituals and ice game chants as possible".

Is this a realistic plan? Are there better things to look for? I'm assuming I also want to make "some sort of cool greensteel or alchemical thing" as well, and I do have a xbow of smiting. Is there anything else to keep an eye out for?

6.Additional, ridiculous question: How do I MAKE a shard of masterful craftmanship? I've got the cannith token, and hundreds of lesser essences. I select the recipe, and I just don't get a lit up "craft" button.

ericrd
06-27-2013, 03:39 AM
superior parrying item will help saves. ...you should be fine for ehards

slayers hand xbow is great for explorer areas and enorm.. not good for eh and ee.alchemical xbox is great random gen radience and other well rolled randoms work well also..needle is a great xbow

Rusty_Can
06-27-2013, 07:02 AM
1. If I'm the sort of artificer who, even after every buff I can scrounge up to saves(GH, +2 luck, +6 resistance), can barely touch a base save of 30/30/30, does it make sense for me to grab those twists that say "you don't fail this type of save on a 1"?

Keep in mind that:
- those abilities usually come with a +6 bonus;
- several ED offer bonuses to saves;
- build-wise, if your INT is way higher than your DEX, consider the Insightful Reflexes feat.

2. Assuming I don't grab all of those twists, what twists are just gosh-dang amazing for artis?

Well, what to twist depends on your main ED ...

If you are not going Shiradi Champion, Pin and Otto's Whistler offer nice Crowd Control.

psykopeta
06-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Alright, I have a handful of "I'm just starting to get into epics" Arti questions

3. If I have a runearm of a certain damage type, and have a pile of spellpower enhancements for that damage type, will that affect my runearm? Just grabbed an EE Chill of Winter for 30-odd shards. It was awesome, and made me happy, and I wanna know if I should throw some enhancement points at frost-awesomeness.

4. at lvls 21+, will my doggy get more enhancements? or can they only reach 1 dog capstone?

5. What really good endgame repeaters are there? As of right now, m end goal is "epic silver slinger with as many force rituals and ice game chants as possible".

Is this a realistic plan? Are there better things to look for? I'm assuming I also want to make "some sort of cool greensteel or alchemical thing" as well, and I do have a xbow of smiting. Is there anything else to keep an eye out for?

6.Additional, ridiculous question: How do I MAKE a shard of masterful craftmanship? I've got the cannith token, and hundreds of lesser essences. I select the recipe, and I just don't get a lit up "craft" button.

1st non fail in 1 is always welcome, keep in mind that 30 aren't awesome saves, so maybe with the extra push to saves, would be interesting

2nd depending on playstyle, if u don't take em and have high evo dc, the 2 evo dc twists (both tier 2 in magister and draconic, +3 and +2 to your dc) are quite interesting

3rd ur spellpower will apply to the runearm damage, not to the damage the runearm add to your hits

4th yes he does, also u can hit both capstone, they aren't exclusive

5th im a fan of lit2, with arti buffs u can bypass almost every dr, so the procs are nice

6th you have to drag the essences to your inventory(the ones you are gonna use, always lessers, and the highest in number, must be different types), and then place em in the crafting device, then you'll be able to lit up the craft button

GreatMadWombat
06-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Ok. what happens with the shards is "I put in one stack of essences(like....600 lesser body). I put in a second stack of essences(like..500 lesser arcane). I then put in a stack of the cannith marks. And the shard recipe shows up. Then I select the recipe, and instead of getting a crafting button, I get "red question mark, red question mark, cannith mark" in the resource section, and a grey crafting button. I've got the right type of recipe selected(arcane/arcane/arcane), and nothing happens. ><

Ancient
06-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok. what happens with the shards is "I put in one stack of essences(like....600 lesser body). I put in a second stack of essences(like..500 lesser arcane). I then put in a stack of the cannith marks. And the shard recipe shows up. Then I select the recipe, and instead of getting a crafting button, I get "red question mark, red question mark, cannith mark" in the resource section, and a grey crafting button. I've got the right type of recipe selected(arcane/arcane/arcane), and nothing happens. ><
Drag the pile of lessers over to where the red ?s appear. They will replace the red ? and when you drag the 2nd pair... you can craft.

GreatMadWombat
06-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Drag the pile of lessers over to where the red ?s appear. They will replace the red ? and when you drag the 2nd pair... you can craft.

I drag the essence stack over the red ?, it flicker's for a second(showing that essence where the red ? is), then it goes back to red?

I know I'm doing something...derp, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out ><

ALSO: Any commendations I should keep an eye out for, besides war wizards?

Systern
06-27-2013, 12:54 PM
I drag the essence stack over the red ?, it flicker's for a second(showing that essence where the red ? is), then it goes back to red?

I know I'm doing something...derp, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out ><

ALSO: Any commendations I should keep an eye out for, besides war wizards?

Step-By-Step: :)

Open the Crafting dialog
Type 'crafts' in the search box
Click the recipe for Master Craftsmanship I on the left
Drag the essences you want to use into the ingredients box
Click Craft.

Basically, you might think of it as a bug/glitch/quirk. When you drag an ingredient into the ingredients box, it'll filter the recipes list based on what's in the box. When you click on a recipe, it clears the ingredients box and searches your bags for the right ingredients. You don't usually notice this because for most recipes you're putting the same things in as you dragged for a filter, but since Craftsmanship and Potential shards can use any crating mat, you see the red question marks.

Basically, pick the recipe before dragging mats into the ingredients box.

danotmano1998
06-27-2013, 01:23 PM
One more little thing...
If for whatever reason things don't light up on the craft button, try dragging the stack of essences OUT OF YOUR BAG. Then drag that stack onto the crafting device. There aren't many, but some things/recipes still bug. Dragging the items out into your main inventory and using them from there works every time for me. Good luck!

droid327
06-28-2013, 04:33 AM

Well if you're just getting to Epic, start off with a L20 Calomel Repeater from Cannith challenges. Epic base damage, and 2 DOT procs mean its got respectable DPS, and when fully upgraded gives you some temp HP and a Red slot for more DPS.

From there, Epic Silver Slinger is really only good for Undead, for obvious reasons. GS and Alchemical are good, as they are for pretty much any class. Epic Doublecross, Slaver's Hand, and ultimately Needle are also what you'll be shooting for.

Also, since you mentioned having a Smiting, make sure to get an (epic) Banishing and Disruption repeater too. 4d6 damage and 100 on vorpals ends up being better DPS than most other options for repeaters, especially paired with a good Epic prefix if you find it. Doubly so for Constructs and Undead, who will largely negate the crit profile benefits of something like Needle.

Todkaninchen
07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Well if you're just getting to Epic, start off with a L20 Calomel Repeater from Cannith challenges. Epic base damage, and 2 DOT procs mean its got respectable DPS, and when fully upgraded gives you some temp HP and a Red slot for more DPS.

From there, Epic Silver Slinger is really only good for Undead, for obvious reasons. GS and Alchemical are good, as they are for pretty much any class. Epic Doublecross, Slaver's Hand, and ultimately Needle are also what you'll be shooting for.

Also, since you mentioned having a Smiting, make sure to get an (epic) Banishing and Disruption repeater too. 4d6 damage and 100 on vorpals ends up being better DPS than most other options for repeaters, especially paired with a good Epic prefix if you find it. Doubly so for Constructs and Undead, who will largely negate the crit profile benefits of something like Needle.

Actually...

Make a Triple Positive GS Repeater and look for the Tira's Splendor runearm from the Subterranne. Triple pos is cheap (in GS mats) for good damage at all levels, has disruption (although it's piercing). With the Tira's Splendor (ml 15, light imbue but adds SILVER WEAPONS to your bow), you can throw deadly weapons and break all devil DR and also have a decent anti-undead bow. Not quite epic, but even with 1.5[W], you're running more added (holy) damage than you're probably losing going from a random gen epic disruptor plus you can use it to level with.

Another fun GS bow it the Ooze II. Works for true neutrals (immune to holy/alignment damage), does acid and frost, drops enemy AC by -5 (stackable with sunder/improved sunder) and occasionally drops oozes downrange that work pretty nicely at absorbing enemy aggro, especially those with random aggro like some raid bosses. With Improved Precise Shot, you can dump a whole lot of enemies' AC and dump enemy aggro magnets quicker.

Another tactic is to equip a deception/improved deception item. Doesn't increase your damage much, but can mess with enemy aggro enough to make life more survivable for you and your pet(s).

Also, one other item proc to look out for is Blurry. You can get it on Heroic Hard or Higher Rings of Shadows, A GS HP item (the one with the displacement clicky) and others. Essentially boosts your survivability 20% right off the bat. Guidance of Shar (with a Green Slot) could be more useful for an Arti by throwing a Heavy Fort Augment on it. The idea being, if you're managing aggro with the dog and party members, the blindness proc won't hit you often, the CHA boosts UMD, and you defensively have heavy fort and 20% perma-blur in a slot without a definitive alternative item to place there. (although the Spyglass at the right level would be nice or and appropriate conflux item...)