PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Ranged Alacrity Question

SimCat
06-12-2013, 12:17 AM
This may be a dumb question, but does ranged alacrity work with repeaters on an arty?

Thanks in advance

Rubix
06-12-2013, 02:53 AM
Good question. I can't seem to find anything on the Wiki, and a quick test I ran in not conclusive (I don't play ranged that much to know what is normal and what is 10% faster).

droid327
06-19-2013, 03:04 PM
It does work on repeaters, but only accelerates the firing animation, not the reload animation, so its only maybe half as effective as it is on a bow archer.

Also, it doesn't stack with Armor of Speed (or Haste), so once you have AoS, ranged alacrity on an item becomes obsolete.

Singular
07-07-2013, 03:23 PM
It does work on repeaters, but only accelerates the firing animation, not the reload animation, so its only maybe half as effective as it is on a bow archer.

Also, it doesn't stack with Armor of Speed (or Haste), so once you have AoS, ranged alacrity on an item becomes obsolete.

Just to add to this comment:

AoS is slightly better on arties than haste. I got 105 shots per min (haste) versus 114-115 shots per min (AoS).

Needle (20%) increases slightly over AoS (15%) - but I think b/c Needle is a light repeater and my test repeaters are all heavy. With Needle, I get 117 shots per min.