PDA

View Full Version : Drider Line Trip - why STR save only?

Deadlock
06-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I'll try and post this without using the colourful language I've just been using in quest.

Chain tripping we have already agreed is more than an inconvenience and a minor nuisance.

So why are multiple Driders allowed to chain trip you with their Line Trip?

I can understand why a STR check is needed to break free from it, that makes perfect sense. Even if a save only on your STR modifier does seem a bit brutal.

But why is there no DEX or Reflex save to avoid the bloody thing in the first place?

Shataan
06-03-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll try and post this without using the colourful language I've just been using in quest.

Chain tripping we have already agreed is more than an inconvenience and a minor nuisance.

So why are multiple Driders allowed to chain trip you with their Line Trip?

I can understand why a STR check is needed to break free from it, that makes perfect sense. Even if a save only on your STR modifier does seem a bit brutal.

But why is there no DEX or Reflex save to avoid the bloody thing in the first place?

I guess it doesnt answer your question but there is 1 more way of blocking it.
If you shield block before it connects, you are immune to it. You have like 3 sec to block after you see the animation.

Darkrok
06-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I guess it doesnt answer your question but there is 1 more way of blocking it.
If you shield block before it connects, you are immune to it. You have like 3 sec to block after you see the animation.

Exactly this. I agree with the OP about the save...really makes sense to have Dex, Str, or Reflex Save (I'd prefer a Str or Reflex save to compensate the players that take Insightful Reflexes) but it's pretty easy to avoid if you watch for it. I wish more of DDO was like this where you got a prompt and had a reasonable amount of time to respond to it (obviously you have to give some extra time to compensate for lag).