PDA

View Full Version : cosmetic bonus usage is awkward

Aliss7
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Please take another look at using cosmetic hat bonus'

For example, to get the elite spider mask bonus but not have it shown, one has to:

1. click on mask on toolbar to equip on cosmetic slot.
2. click mask again to apply bonus
3. hit 'i' to open inventory and _drag_ mask back into inventory (ughh)
4. click on "show helmet/goggles/none" button one or two or three times to get back original show helmet setting (ugghh again)

Also, the bonus usage is on a timer cooldown. (ughh)
Also, the bonus usage is once per rest (meh)

I feel like having cosmetic armors be permanent and BtA a step forward, but this is then two steps back. At least I could ignore buying cosmetic armors before, now this is annoying me everytime I log into my toons. sad panda.

Satyriasys
05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Would be nice at least if they would remember our settings when we log out. So many clicks gets too annoying I dont even bother with the spider mask anymore.

Full_Bleed
05-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Please take another look at using cosmetic hat bonus'

For example, to get the elite spider mask bonus but not have it shown, one has to:

1. click on mask on toolbar to equip on cosmetic slot.
2. click mask again to apply bonus
3. hit 'i' to open inventory and _drag_ mask back into inventory (ughh)
4. click on "show helmet/goggles/none" button one or two or three times to get back original show helmet setting (ugghh again)

Also, the bonus usage is on a timer cooldown. (ughh)
Also, the bonus usage is once per rest (meh)

I feel like having cosmetic armors be permanent and BtA a step forward, but this is then two steps back. At least I could ignore buying cosmetic armors before, now this is annoying me everytime I log into my toons. sad panda.

The idea of the cosmetic slots is great.

But, as noted, the implementation fails and is bothersome.

As a side-effect, the crafted goggles on my helf arti don't even show any more. So I'm equipping, changing the visibility of my head set, and unslotting my elite spider mask cosmetic only to end up looking worse than I used to (I used to just have my goggles show.)

The annoyances do add up.

droid327
05-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Wait, the mask gives you bonuses when worn cosmetically? That seems to negate the "cosmetic" aspect...

DagazUlf
05-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Would be nice at least if they would remember our settings when we log out. So many clicks gets too annoying I dont even bother with the spider mask anymore.

I solved the issue by just dropping the cosmetics out of my inventory. I'm guessing that was the point of this change.... to help us clean up our inventories and get rid of "problem" items. :)

EazyWeazy
05-30-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't understand how they can reason this change. Taking a player setting that used to be retained, and change it to be overwritten every time you log off is just plain silly. Silly is about the only word I can write here. :(