PDA

View Full Version : Endgame Tanking Requirements (Elite/Epic)

tricnic
05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
I have been searching the DDO forums for a few days now, trying to find some concrete requirements for endgame tanking. The best that I have found are 3-5 year old posts about how X class approaches tanking. Unfortunately, the game has changed significantly recently, and those posts simply do not apply anymore.

What I am looking for is a set of minimum requirements to be considered for tanking endgame content. If possible, I would like to compile a list of requirements and synergies between requirements. i.e. A High HP pool goes very nice with a high PRR, as that increases your effective HP pool.

What I am *not* looking for right now is a specific build, recommended gear, etc... Once I have compiled my list, I intend to expound upon it with various ways to meet the requirements.

I know that the build affects requirements - a monk relies on AC, movement, and saves; a Fighter relies on AC, HP pool, and battlefield control, a Barbarian relies on a stupid high HP pool and DR - but I am looking for more nebulous goals to meet.

As the posts roll in (I hope they do...) I will update this post with the requirements. If I missed anything, I'll add it.

Endgame Tanking goals:
Minimum is the absolute minimum you should try to hit in order to tank. Reliance is the minimum you need if your build relies on that stat to effectively tank. Synergies are other stats that make this stat even more effective.

Defenses

Hit Point Maximum
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Damage Reduction
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Armor Class
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Fortitude Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Reflex Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Will Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Physical Resistance Rating
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Healing Amplification
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Hate Generation

Intimidate Skill Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

skullzz
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I have been searching the DDO forums for a few days now, trying to find some concrete requirements for endgame tanking. The best that I have found are 3-5 year old posts about how X class approaches tanking. Unfortunately, the game has changed significantly recently, and those posts simply do not apply anymore.

What I am looking for is a set of minimum requirements to be considered for tanking endgame content. If possible, I would like to compile a list of requirements and synergies between requirements. i.e. A High HP pool goes very nice with a high PRR, as that increases your effective HP pool.

What I am *not* looking for right now is a specific build, recommended gear, etc... Once I have compiled my list, I intend to expound upon it with various ways to meet the requirements.

I know that the build affects requirements - a monk relies on AC, movement, and saves; a Fighter relies on AC, HP pool, and battlefield control, a Barbarian relies on a stupid high HP pool and DR - but I am looking for more nebulous goals to meet.

As the posts roll in (I hope they do...) I will update this post with the requirements. If I missed anything, I'll add it.

Endgame Tanking goals:
Minimum is the absolute minimum you should try to hit in order to tank. Reliance is the minimum you need if your build relies on that stat to effectively tank. Synergies are other stats that make this stat even more effective.

Defenses

Hit Point Maximum
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Damage Reduction
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Armor Class
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Fortitude Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Reflex Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Will Save Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Physical Resistance Rating
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Healing Amplification
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

Hate Generation

Intimidate Skill Modifier
Minimum:
Reliance:
Synergies:

For heroic elite there if you can handle Epic Hard you are golden.
For a tank you should be seeing:
1000+ hp
10+DR
110+AC (I can get 95 on mine when not in CE or shield on)
50+Fort
As close to 50 Reflex
40+ will (not much goes against your will save for when needing to tank)
In turtle mode and not in Unyielding 140PRR should be easy enough to get (when in unyielding mine can hit 155 while wearing a robe)
Hamp you should have at least a 20% and 30% item. More is always useful but the heal spell will typically net you 600hp at minimum and 400 from a scroll.
Hate gen: only way other then stances and intim is for items with incite. The best I know of right now is the Chimera's Fang which when you have 3 of any dragonmark gives you 10%+15%+20% on one item.

Intim is dependent on what you want to run. For EE LoB you need 105 for no fail from what I have read. But anything above 80 will grab aggro of most everything in game. (I am hitting 96 currently w/o eClaw gloves which are +5 on top of all other items)

Now for EE the game is completely different and a tank is useless. If you want to be a pocket tank turtle up. If you want to be useful you need to be a high dps destiny. For tanks that typically means Legendary since you are immune to rage while in stance.