PDA

View Full Version : Lamannia Downtime

SqueakofDoom
05-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Lamannia will be down for maintenance from 8am to 12pm EST (GMT -4).

SqueakofDoom
05-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Lamannia is back up and running! We are also back to using the old launcher.

Flavilandile
05-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Was the copy tool fixed so that we could copy again our characters if they had been copied before the wipe ?

Harokio
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
The turbineinvoker and turbinelaucher are crashing loop. It happened after a restart for graphics package.

SteeleTrueheart
05-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Ditto for me. The launcher updated and is now not starting except for some infinite loop. (Or so Task Manager tells me)

Hunta-EU
05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Same here, can see the helpful reply now just quickly download and reinstall wont you there's a good lad ey

Marupal
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Same infinite loop with turbineinvoker turbinelauncher. Task manager couldn't shut it down. Had to rename turbineinvoker just to get it to stop.

Archemancer
05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
I am having the same problem, anyone have a fix that won't take 4 or more hours to reload it?

Nekronion
05-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Same infinite loop with turbineinvoker turbinelauncher. Task manager couldn't shut it down. Had to rename turbineinvoker just to get it to stop.

Renaming TurbineInvoker.exe was the only way to stop this loop (short of rebooting or logging off the windows user). The rollback of launchers didn't go as smoothly as expected. Since it ran good for the first time (started by the new launcher) the fix can't be too hard. Hand out a ZIP file containing the correct files please :)

SqueakofDoom
05-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating this issue. :(

irnimnode
05-17-2013, 12:55 PM
ok guess it is not just me I am also having the same problem Launcher is in a loop after the update any idea as to when it will be fixed having to reboot pc to get it stopped is kind of annoying

wmdearmond
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I had to uninstall and reinstall the launcher this has worked for me.

SqueakofDoom
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Current workaround: If you take the TurbineInvoker from your Live client and replace the one in your Lamannia client, you can re-launch and access Lamannia.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The next Lamannia build will not have this issue.

irnimnode
05-17-2013, 04:39 PM
guess I will wait till tomorrow not been able to launch my live server for the last 3 months after the big maintenance shutdown

UurlockYgmeov
05-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Current workaround: If you take the TurbineInvoker from your Live client and replace the one in your Lamannia client, you can re-launch and access Lamannia.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The next Lamannia build will not have this issue.

Thank you Squeak. That worked.

Any information about the new build?

SqueakofDoom
05-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Even if Live is being difficult, the TurbineInvoker itself from the Live client should be fine, so you can still use it to access Lamannia.

Unfortunately we'll have to put up with the workaround for a bit longer than I had hoped we would :(

And the current Lamannia build was mainly to revert back to the old Launcher and to fix a couple of bugs with the U18 dungeons.

UurlockYgmeov
05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Even if Live is being difficult, the TurbineInvoker itself from the Live client should be fine, so you can still use it to access Lamannia.

Unfortunately we'll have to put up with the workaround for a bit longer than I had hoped we would :(

And the current Lamannia build was mainly to revert back to the old Launcher and to fix a couple of bugs with the U18 dungeons.

thanks for the information Squeak!

Have a brilliant weekend!

jessman615
05-17-2013, 05:56 PM
the fix doesn't work for me. Cannot end the loop. Complete failure on Turbine yet again. Character copy doesn't work either. Lost all progress from a week. Thanks for crashing my cpu yet again.

Texlaw1992
05-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Squeak, you'd be doing yourself and Turbine a huge favor just to post once a day during the week to advise how things are going. Even if it's as little as "we're still working on x and hope to have a fix SOON," it won't take much time and will do a lot to reassure some nervous players.

irnimnode
05-17-2013, 07:56 PM
I also tried the work around it failed to work still in a loop. I did how ever did an uninstall and a reinstall it did get me access into the game but kept getting the restart notice and when i did log out and tried to re-log back in I was back to the launcher going into the loop and not launching. Hope you get the problem solved soon other wise it is going to be a long and boring weekend

Buttkierownsmade
05-17-2013, 09:13 PM

Squeak, I did the File Replace and i rebooted my computer twice or three times and its still not working. :(

irnimnode
05-17-2013, 09:24 PM
looks as if we are all in the same boat!! Looks like nobody will be playing till it is fixed> my big problem is I can not even play live even did uninstall and reinstall for my live account download and update went fine but when i try and launch my live account it is stuck at connect and dose nothing, so it is broke now this? why did we have to revert back to old launcher when the new one was working fine? I normally do not complain but this is annoying

Buttkierownsmade
05-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Im Crying right now i just want to play lam and be happy.:'( Squeak can you please please hurry. D:

Nekronion
05-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Squeak, I did the File Replace and i rebooted my computer twice or three times and its still not working. :(

The workaround IS working just fine. No need to reboot.

Are you sure you did copy over the turbineinvoker.exe from live to the Lamannia directory?

And please remember: this is a TEST server. Errors like the broken launcher are supposed to happen here.

Buttkierownsmade
05-18-2013, 08:31 AM
The workaround IS working just fine. No need to reboot.

Are you sure you did copy over the turbineinvoker.exe from live to the Lamannia directory?

And please remember: this is a TEST server. Errors like the broken launcher are supposed to happen here.

Yes i did that, Still not working all im getting is Loading forever and nothing else happening.

Cernunan
05-18-2013, 09:44 AM

Not for everyone, thus all the gnashing of teeth and wailing of children.

BTW working fine for me, was able to log on no issues.

teknophreaq
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Events since I've tried to log on to lama:

Got to patching, updating files... Encountered an error partway through (can't remember the exact %.) Restarted client, got the infinite loop issue. Renamed invoker, copied invoker from live to test, restarted client. Patched normally. Logged in, no characters on the server, but at least the client starts up.

Buttkierownsmade
05-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Squeak, My dads a Code writer from various computer languages and he tried fixing it and THAT still didnt Work I dont know what to do!!! PLEASE HELP

irnimnode
05-18-2013, 03:16 PM
so when will this problem with the launcher be solved i am getting bored

gk_zone
05-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Current workaround: If you take the TurbineInvoker from your Live client and replace the one in your Lamannia client, you can re-launch and access Lamannia.I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The next Lamannia build will not have this issue.I replaced TurbineInvoker.exe with the one from my live client and that worked. Thanks for the workaround.

lucreciacrescent
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Sadly I don't have a Turbineinvoker.exe because I'm just using my laptop atm, my live client isn't here also :( Won't be returning back home in a couple of days so this is just what I play whenever I'm bored :P

Can anyone share a link wherein I can get that Turbineinvoker.exe from? :D

Texlaw1992
05-18-2013, 07:19 PM
While I do not have a character on Lam right now due to the copy tool issue, this workaround worked for me (for some reason, selecting the copy option for Turbine invoker on live did not work):

1. Copy Invoker (including .exe) from Live to Lam, which allowed the Lam update.

2. Reinstalled live.

3. Copied Invoker (including .exe) from Live to Lam again.

4. Again reinstalled and updated live.

Now, if I can just get my toon back to Lam.

Buttkierownsmade
05-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Ooooh Both Invokers Aahhhhhh! :D I fixed it! Didnt Need a Reboot OR a Reinstall :D!

Hunta-EU
05-18-2013, 10:22 PM
For any of you who still having issues try copy this file into your lamania game directory:

http://www.ddotime.com/tools/lamania/TurbineInvoker.exe

Peace

SteeleTrueheart
05-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Squeak's workaround did the trick for me.

Now I just need the copy character tool fixed, cos I dont really like 'forged.

irnimnode
05-19-2013, 09:25 AM
still having issues only way i can get in is if i uninstall and reinstall but once i log out launcher goes into loop tried links that were posted all i got were empty file not sure what i am doing wrong

okay feeling kind of dumb my problem is I only have a F2P account and downloaded the game off the net which only give's you a file with a dndsetup and about 10 or 12 bin files so I do not have the turbine-invoker exe to make things work so I hope they get this fixed Monday

NemesisS117
05-19-2013, 11:21 AM
I did the workaround and now the launcher starts up, but it gets to Examine Game Data and then says "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" :/

Buttkierownsmade
05-19-2013, 11:43 AM
I did the workaround and now the launcher starts up, but it gets to Examine Game Data and then says "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" :/

It wasnt the Invoker.exe it was the Regular Turbineinvoker file

NemesisS117
05-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks, now it works

jessman615
05-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I dl'd and copied the files above, but it just goes into loop. If I try the workaround, client updates and reverts the files back to original. In short, I have to copy over the files from live each time.

Hunta-EU
05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
One other thing you can try:

Find the temporary file directory for turbine and delete it. Then apply work around.

Will look something like this in windows:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Turbine

Meh apologies I am having same issues on relog too seems copying new files only works the first time for me too.

lucreciacrescent
05-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Where are you Devs? :/

irnimnode
05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
now I feel really stupid I was looking on the wrong hard drive found what i needed copied files over game is updating will know i a little bit if work around works

lucreciacrescent
05-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Tried everything and workaround doesn't seem to work -_- guess I won't be playing for a very long time then. My live client is in my desktop at home which I'm not in right now :/

Links didn't work either, I'll just wait until the devs figure out another solution to this mess

Bulvej
05-19-2013, 08:14 PM
One other thing you can try:

Find the temporary file directory for turbine and delete it. Then apply work around.

Will look something like this in windows:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Turbine

Meh apologies I am having same issues on relog too seems copying new files only works the first time for me too.

I think you have to do the work around every time as the game updates every time you log in, so it updates to the buget file, atleast that was what I had to do after the game crasht on me.

irnimnode
05-19-2013, 08:25 PM
your right it is a 1 shot thing for some reason when you log in it removes the invoker so what i did was created a copy of the live folder and preview folder on my desk top that way when ever i log out i just copy the live to the preview and I am in this is rather annoying not sure what the update did but it sure made a mess of things and i sure hope they get it straightened out soon but any way now i can get into the game again :-)

lucreciacrescent
05-21-2013, 08:21 AM
any updates on the broken launcher? :| seems like nothing is happening anymore

irnimnode
05-21-2013, 01:40 PM
It would be nice to see afix to this problem but doubt we will see it till the next build having to use the work around every time we log in is a bit annoying

for those who maybe still having issues try this:
go to my comp/c:/programs 86/turbine
locate you live file and preview file send bot to you desk top as a shortcut
poen both and down size each so as to set side by side stlill leaving you ccess to you launcher
copy the turbineinvoker exe. from live and paste into the preview file this one will only need to be done once
next copy the turbineinvoker(it looks like the launcer icon) and paste it into your preview file
this will need to be done each time you log in
good luck see you in the game and hope they fix it soon

Hunta-EU
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I think you have to do the work around every time as the game updates every time you log in, so it updates to the buget file, atleast that was what I had to do after the game crasht on me.

Yeah as long as its an older working version of the launcher as the ones i posted or your live versions. Works once only then you have to redo each time you login.

This is an older version of the Lamania Invoker have updated my original post, apologies if the first ones didnt work. You can even copy this file while its in the endless loop and hey presto.

http://www.ddotime.com/tools/lamania/TurbineInvoker.exe

Buttkierownsmade
05-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Just one question on Everyones Mind: 'When is the Copy Tool gonna be fixed?' :D

Bulvej
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
It would be nice to see afix to this problem but doubt we will see it till the next build having to use the work around every time we log in is a bit annoying

for those who maybe still having issues try this:
go to my comp/c:/programs 86/turbine
locate you live file and preview file send bot to you desk top as a shortcut
poen both and down size each so as to set side by side stlill leaving you ccess to you launcher
copy the turbineinvoker exe. from live and paste into the preview file this one will only need to be done once
next copy the turbineinvoker(it looks like the launcer icon) and paste it into your preview file
this will need to be done each time you log in
good luck see you in the game and hope they fix it soon

I find it faster and easier to rightclick the shortcuts and click the properties or what ever it is called in english, and then click the file placement, takes you right to the files for live or preview depenting on the shortcut.

This way it dossent matter if the game issent where it is on other computers, and it is a good way for people who issent comfortable fooling around in there computers systems, to find the right files.

rsking
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
i tried the work around and i get this

An error has occurred.
Please contact Technical Support with the following information:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set an instance of an object.

at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.BaseForms.OnLoad(EventA rgs e)
at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.ErrorForm.OnLoad(EventA rgs e
at System.Windows.Forms.form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fInoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Control.CreatecContro l()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Messagae & m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableContol.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Messagae& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Messag e& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.onMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.Callback( IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, Intptr Iprarm)

i sent a message to the support team but no response yet

Momsboys
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
i tried the work around and i get this

An error has occurred.
Please contact Technical Support with the following information:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set an instance of an object.

at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.BaseForms.OnLoad(EventA rgs e)
at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.ErrorForm.OnLoad(EventA rgs e
at System.Windows.Forms.form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fInoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Control.CreatecContro l()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Messagae & m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableContol.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Messagae& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at com.turbine.launcher.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Messag e& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.onMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.Callback( IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, Intptr Iprarm)

i sent a message to the support team but no response yet

I don't think its up yet.

irnimnode
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
wonder when the the server will be back up I am starting to get bored

darkriderz
06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Well I hope it is up soon! I would love too try out some new builds.

DemonStorm333
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
lama wont be up again till beta starts

Seikojin
06-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Squeak, My dads a Code writer from various computer languages and he tried fixing it and THAT still didnt Work I dont know what to do!!! PLEASE HELP

ROFLMAO! Sorry, I hope you can get into the game with less issue. Try a Live server?

jerray1973
06-15-2013, 04:50 PM
I've copied the invoker files from live to test and still says CANNOT BE NULL and starts a timer...over and over and over and over.

Krelar
06-15-2013, 05:46 PM
I've copied the invoker files from live to test and still says CANNOT BE NULL and starts a timer...over and over and over and over.

lammania is not up currently

demonikillu
06-16-2013, 03:04 PM
The Server is currently up from what I here only for people who have purchased the Expansion be for June 5th.
Would like to know when it gonna be up for beta testers.
Thanks

flipstre
06-16-2013, 06:43 PM
The Server is currently up from what I here only for people who have purchased the Expansion be for June 5th.
Thanks

Are you sure man?

I still get the Null stream message

irnimnode
06-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks

think we would all like to know the answer to that question. Not heard a word form any of the DEV's for quite some time now

Cordovan
06-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Lamannia is not currently available to the public. We'll be announcing Beta plans relatively soon, but we're not quite ready to do that yet. Stay tuned!

irnimnode
06-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Lamannia is not currently available to the public. We'll be announcing Beta plans relatively soon, but we're not quite ready to do that yet. Stay tuned!

Thank you for the info sir

DemonStorm333
06-17-2013, 08:03 AM
i realy hope its soon as the xpac drops 60 days from this wednsday

Gratch
06-17-2013, 12:39 PM
i realy hope its soon as the xpac drops 60 days from this wednsday

I'd rather see another revision of their enhancement redo first before we see content/iconics from the xpack. Not too big on alpha/beta-ing quest content. Or is the enhancement redo definitely part of the Xpack now?

Krelar
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Or is the enhancement redo definitely part of the Xpack now?

I don't recall if it was every officially announced but it has been heavily implied. We were told that the missing bladeforged abilities would not show up until the expansion and would be part of the racial tree.

Momsboys
06-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks

I'm on and I did not purchase the Expansion.

flipstre
06-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Lammania is up. But sadly there are nothing up yet. No enhancements nor any new content

Flavilandile
06-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Lammania is up. But sadly there are nothing up yet. No enhancements nor any new content

Character copy is still broken :

Character Status Date Requested Date Completed
Flavilandile Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:23
Millishande Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:25
Gildalinde Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:27
Blacklock Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:30
Yaelle Complete 2013-01-16 13:10:45 2013-01-16 13:07:32
Larilandile Complete 2013-05-04 10:39:23 2013-05-04 10:34:48
Tenalafel Complete 2013-05-04 10:39:49 2013-05-04 10:35:13
Flavilandile Complete 2013-05-04 10:40:31 2013-05-04 10:35:54
Dhanae Complete 2013-05-08 03:24:26 2013-05-08 03:19:47
Dhanae Complete 2013-05-08 03:24:37 2013-05-08 03:19:59
Xalran Complete 2013-05-08 03:25:02 2013-05-08 03:20:24
Xalran Complete 2013-05-08 03:25:15 2013-05-08 03:20:35
Mephas Complete 2013-05-08 03:25:35 2013-05-08 03:20:56
Meaaphas Complete 2013-05-08 03:25:45 2013-05-08 03:21:07
Measse Complete 2013-05-08 03:25:54 2013-05-08 03:21:16
Sylfae Complete 2013-05-08 03:26:19 2013-05-08 03:21:41

All the characters copied before 2013-05-08 were wiped, and they can't be copied again... As for the other ones... most of them are LVL 1 placeholder that have been deleted years ago.

irnimnode
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
glad to see the server back up :) but what was the update for?

SqueakofDoom
06-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Lamannia has been updated with Update 18 Patch 2. This patch focuses on bug fixes. Release Notes will be updated shortly!

We are still working on Character Copy issues, but some progress has been made! You should no longer see characters that you have previously deleted on Live in your character copy list (a few previously deleted characters may still sneak through...)

Smiles,
Squeak

Grubbby
06-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Lamannia has been updated with Update 18 Patch 2. This patch focuses on bug fixes. Release Notes will be updated shortly!

We are still working on Character Copy issues, but some progress has been made! You should no longer see characters that you have previously deleted on Live in your character copy list (a few previously deleted characters may still sneak through...)

Smiles,
Squeak

Release notes? Thanks, see they are posted now.

Flavilandile
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Sorry Squeak, I still see all my deleted characters... Both in the already transfered list and in the not transfered yet list :

This is the not copied part, I posted the copied part this morning :

Character Current World Copy to World
Feyrae Ghallanda Lamannia
Erinti Ghallanda Lamannia
Anoeve Ghallanda Lamannia
Xantine Ghallanda Lamannia
Erinti Ghallanda Lamannia
Bencesar Ghallanda Lamannia
Totovich Thelanis Lamannia
Coalmule Ghallanda Lamannia

UurlockYgmeov
06-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah! thanks Squeak!:)

dejafu
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Sorry Squeak, I still see all my deleted characters... Both in the already transfered list and in the not transfered yet list :

Yeah, same here... none of my deleted characters got reset :(

Ziindarax
06-19-2013, 11:05 PM

Smiles,
Squeak

How soon can you fix the issue wherein characters who've been copied over from the past are still being shown as having been already copied (even after supposed wipes), and thus, are permanently unavailable for re-copying post-wipe?

-Zephyr-
06-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Smiles,
Squeak

I indeed do not see deleted characters anymore, but I do see my main characters as being "already copied", while logging on Lamannia shows I have no characters there.
Can we get the character copy history wiped so we can copy our mains again pretty please ?

velom
06-20-2013, 04:16 PM
I always see this:

Error retrieving your player information.

Cleanincubus
06-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Smiles,
Squeak
Please make this a PRIORITY, so it's fixed before the Enhancement preview next week. If I can't test my PM and Cleric with the new Enhancements, to compare to Live, then it's pointless for me to even check out the new enhancements (and thereby not sending any feedback). I highly doubt I'm the only one who feels that way.