PDA

View Full Version : I am not good at my job

Saihung423
05-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I just had a customer call to complain we sold her husband a lemon vehicle. When I tried to talk to her about it, she interupted me and just was jabbering a mile a minute.

I tried to continue a rational and sane conversation but she just kept blowing off what I was saying to yell inchoerently....so I sat on the phone going, "blah blah meh cha bleh blah blah blah" repeatedly until she stopped talking.

Then I said, "Your husband purchased the vehicle used as is and was informed of the issues and said he was able to fix them."

She interupted me again...yelling...cursing...so I said, "Ma'am. I think I have established that I can be irrational and inchoherent too. BLah bleh mah bloo yabba yabba bleh bleh bleh"

She hung up. I just can't stand to waste my breath answering someone's questions and then be interupted and screamed at...

I really suck at my job...in regards to customer service...I admit it.

Enoach
05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Yep, I'll agree with your assessment.

Your customer's spouse was not ready to listen and needed time to vent. While she appears she is angry with your company, in reality she is angry with the situation and her husband - neither of which are available to her to vent at.

Lets just say there are many better ways you could have handled the situation, some of which would have even gotten your car lot another sale.

Your loss...

Saihung423
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Yep, I'll agree with your assessment.

Your customer's spouse was not ready to listen and needed time to vent. While she appears she is angry with your company, in reality she is angry with the situation and her husband - neither of which are available to her to vent at.

Lets just say there are many better ways you could have handled the situation, some of which would have even gotten your car lot another sale.

Your loss...

Indeed. This was actually the third vehicle we sold him, but the first one she tried to get involved with...when we spoke with him, he actually was accepting. He knew he should have waited to buy it, we were in the midst of fixing it...but he thought he would get a better deal that way...

But, alas, it was not the case. I am usually fairly decent at being patient...but I just can't stand to be cursed at by someone.

I figure either way I win. I am not going to get involved with a major problem (the engine) and I don't have to continue to deal with a major problem (his wife).

But I agree with your agreement. I suck. I think maybe....an occupation that does not involve dealing with the public may be more my speed.

Teh_Troll
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
If you're that bad at your job how come Turbine hasn't hired you yet?

Saihung423
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
I am in the preliminary round of interviews. Once I show them my superb skills, starting with fingers in ears and singing "lalalalalala" I expect to be moved ahead in the process.