PDA

View Full Version : Few grouping options to make things easier

voodoogroves
05-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Auto-Share

This has been suggested before. When you hit an LFM, auto-share the quest in question as long as the leader has it (essentially, act like the leader hit the share button).

Also, allow someone to keybind a hotkey to do similar ... share the quest I'm IN, if I'm IN a quest.

Path to Quest Entrance

Tried out NWO. Don't like it. That said, it does have a few features that are neat - one of them is a pathing tool. When you are on a quest, it paths you too the next waypoint.

I think that's a nifty concept, and DDO already flashes the quest door and gives you a map arrow, though new players aren't going to see it very well. What if there was an option in the Journal to enable a path to lead you to the quest entrance?

The reason I like this is that it helps new players - and more than anything, it helps new players who want to group with vets.

Combined together, this fixes "share please" and "what house". Awesome stuff.

Satyriasys
05-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Both would become annoying I think. At least to me.

voodoogroves
05-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Both would become annoying I think. At least to me.

If these were things you could enable or not for yourself, how the heck would this annoy you?

Satyriasys
05-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Well auto share isn't always a good thing. Especially for new players who should learn where the quest givers are or want to read the lore. Also some chains can get messed up if you take the share.

As far as the sparkley path goes you played Neverwinter you should know how annoying it is. Sure it's very helpful, a bit too convenient to turn off really but the map markers we have in ddo work good enough imo.

But really if I could turn these off it's not a big deal one way or another but just more things to look for in the options list.