View Full Version : proof that no one plays a bard

~the_mute
04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Where are all the bard posts?

Really? Really?!?

~Magus_silveresti
04-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Your wit is astounding.

Forgive me for not typing out my amusement. I have a bad back.

Aashrym
04-30-2013, 10:49 PM
I was contemplating a first bard post on the new forums but then I realized I didn't have anything beyond, "FIRST!!!!!!"

~no_name_displayed
05-01-2013, 04:36 AM
I think this is rather proof that the new forums are so horrible that no-one wants to use them anymore.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
05-12-2013, 04:07 AM
I think this is rather proof that the new forums are so horrible that no-one wants to use them anymore.

http://ropaxman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/RoPaxman_We-have-a-winner.jpg

Aashrym
05-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Ironically, the bard forum seems to be one of the more active class forums. Which doesn't currently say much.

Pally still doesn't have a single thread. DOH!

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
05-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Ironically, the bard forum seems to be one of the more active class forums. Which doesn't currently say much.

Pally still doesn't have a single thread. DOH!

Yeah! We have a thread! And.... we have 4 people commenting in the same thread (channeling the voice of a particular gnome (http://youtu.be/4UqFPujRZWo))... its a new record!

Aashrym
05-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah! We have a thread! And.... we have 4 people commenting in the same thread (channeling the voice of a particular gnome (http://youtu.be/4UqFPujRZWo))... its a new record!

Barbarians have 1 thread, fighters have 1 thread, paladins have 0 threads, monks have 3 threads.
Rangers have 6 threads, rogues have 7 threads, artificers have 4 threads.
Clerics have 4 threads, fvs's have 1 thread, druids have 11 threads, wizards have 1 thread, sorcerers have 4 threads.

Bards have 7 threads.

My hypothesis is no one is using the specific class forums players were asking to have returned, and players who favor bards, rangers, rogues, and druids either know where we should be posting better than some; or we have found a place to bury our heads in the sand. There are always other possibilities too. ;)

I might have to classify filling a forum with a thread about empty forums is also a bit ironic.

Hawklynn
05-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, assuming this thread has many Bards within, I'll post a question here (Bard knowledge) before I post it the main forums.

This is my first life trying a Bard. I've heard of U18 possibly getting some of the Enhancement Pass stuff thrown in early. So here's the problem (unless I'm doing something wrong):

Trying to get Warchanter 2 in the enhancements. I have all pre-reqs except for Inspire Bravery 3. I have the pre-reqs for this, but it doesn't show up as available. What is odd is that below Bravery III is a "Rainbow" icon that says 'Inspire Bravery'. This isn't defined anywhere in the current Bard Enhancements. But it is the same icon for the new Bard Enhancement pass.

Not sure if a bug, or just my incompetence. And by not getting Bravery III, Warchanter 2 cannot be acquired. If I'm missing something, please chime in.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/8725/bardbravery3bug.jpg

mna
05-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Well, assuming this thread has many Bards within, I'll post a question here (Bard knowledge) before I post it the main forums.

I think one of the other places might be more useful, or at least more likely to get proper attention (as this would seem to be a major bug)...

This is my first life trying a Bard. I've heard of U18 possibly getting some of the Enhancement Pass stuff thrown in early. So here's the problem (unless I'm doing something wrong):

Trying to get Warchanter 2 in the enhancements. I have all pre-reqs except for Inspire Bravery 3. I have the pre-reqs for this, but it doesn't show up as available. What is odd is that below Bravery III is a "Rainbow" icon that says 'Inspire Bravery'. This isn't defined anywhere in the current Bard Enhancements. But it is the same icon for the new Bard Enhancement pass.

I have the same "rainbow" icon under the bravery selections under bravery 2 in my case - I only have 8 levels of bard at the moment, with Warchanter 1. (Following the "revisited" warchanter path by tihocan, that is, splashed 1 barbarian and 1 fighter.)

And, one of my sons was checking enhancements on his level 5 wizard, and that had all kinds of wonky items in the enhancements list too - plenty of them.

I suppose I should go and check all my toons, or something...

sensiman03
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM
i have exactly tha same problem, and i came to forums to check if it is just me or everyone else...seems bravery III is bugged and cannot be taken, even if my char had it BEFORE the update.

NovaNZ
05-29-2013, 01:04 AM
Hail bards (or the few of us still in existence).

1st post here on new forums - hmmm.

Clemeit
06-21-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't follow forum hype... they got reset or something?

Well that's a stupid question, they must have cause there used to be tons of great build ideas and tips and tricks for all classes and play styles. Nice of Turbine to delete them all... I guess I'm out to go search much more informative and populated forums for my needs that still have posts. *shrugs*

Galeria
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't follow forum hype... they got reset or something?

Well that's a stupid question, they must have cause there used to be tons of great build ideas and tips and tricks for all classes and play styles. Nice of Turbine to delete them all... I guess I'm out to go search much more informative and populated forums for my needs that still have posts. *shrugs*

They are still here, if you are clever enough to know how to use Google to find them and which parts of the URL to change in order to NOT get a page not found error. No one has bothered to use the simple redirect mod for VBulletin to update the old URL's to the new format.

Thoden
06-22-2013, 07:40 PM
They are still here, if you are clever enough to know how to use Google to find them and which parts of the URL to change in order to NOT get a page not found error. No one has bothered to use the simple redirect mod for VBulletin to update the old URL's to the new format.

I am not clever enough : (

Care to explain? I think everyone is having fits with the new setup.

Zillee
06-22-2013, 10:56 PM
I am not clever enough : (

Care to explain? I think everyone is having fits with the new setup.

From an old bookmark,

http://www.ddo.com/en/showthread.php?t=249865

take out the 'en' and replace with the word 'forums'

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/249865-The-Classic-Rocker-20-Bard-Warchanter

Ta-daa