PDA

View Full Version : Sorc Enhancements thread/Shiradi fun build copied here to continue discussion

Ancient
04-19-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm reposting this here... because the original forums are now read only. I'm reading post after post about how sorc shiradi is nerfed into the ground, meanwhile my test toon feels anything but nerfed. Yeah, I have to get over the loss of meteor storm... I'm sure I can manage.

My biggest complaint is that the best two tree's for a sorc... don't belong to a sorc. They are angle of vengence and archmage. On the flip side, something probably needs to be done to the build I describe below before it goes live.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiradi Fun, the tri-radi.

Warforged
3 Ranks of repair power
1 rank Inscribed
7 ap spent

Splash 3 levels of wiz to get
3 Ranks of Improved Maximizing
3 Ranks of Improved Empowering 2
3 Ranks of spell critical force (3 different bubbles, pick force each time)
and spend 3 points on whatever as pre-reqs.
19 AP spent

Splash 4 levels of FVS to get
4 Ranks of smiting (four different bubbles)
3 Ranks of scourge
3 Ranks of Just Reward
3 Ranks of Intense Faith
2 Ranks of Improved Empower

13 Levels of Fire Sorc with
3 Ranks of Improved Empower
4 Ranks of Fire Critical (four different bubbles)
3 Points of whatever pre-reqs
23 AP spent

* If you have arcane augmentation gear, then you can optionally drop a level of Sorc for one more wiz for 2% more force crits.
* If you have gear that reduces empower/metamagic costs and you plan to wear it then you can move a few points out of improved empower.

What do you get?
Everything is a pseudo-sla with free empower/maximize and sorcerer casting speed
Every fire/force/physical crit gets you 10 temporary mana. You get sp for each individual crit, so Chain casting magic missile and magic missile against two opponents provides tons of temp sp.
Repair moderate cures about 100-150 hitpoints for 8 mana (can be temporary mana)
14-16% chance to crit for force spells before adding any equipment.
The 3 ranks of intense faith adds back casting levels to the arcane force/fire spells so the sorcerer casting level is 15-16 before any arcane augmentation.