PDA

View Full Version : AoV FvS human

mikarddo
04-18-2013, 04:54 PM
This actually looks workabout. Nothing out of the ordinary but workable for my style of play at least.

A few questions though.

On life I can get +70 hp (+30 racial from human and +40 fvs). On Lam I can only get +40 hp (+25 for free and +15 from the protection tree). Where do I find the remaining 30 hp or are those lost? That loss really irks me.

Where did Unyielding Sovereignty go? I cannot seem to find that anymore and I really love the effect on death penalties.

Why were Aura of Menace and Shield of Condemnation changed to toggles from innate and always on? So that I might forget to turn them on?

Is Scroll and Wand efficiency working for anyone? I am getting 188 hp scroll heals without that and also 188 hp scroll heals with +75% from all 3 tiers with is obviously not working. On life I am getting 235 hp heals with +25% which is exactly right.

Does the damage from Avenging Light, Divine Wrath and Energy Burst go up from taking Intense Faith alone, Intense Faith + Zealot Faith or not at all from those? I expect those to go up but I am unsure if I need both enchancements or just Intense Faith - though the wording says "spells" so maybe those SLA are not considered for the effect?
How about Blade Barrier? I expect not as thats untyped and not really a damage spell.

mute_mayhem
04-18-2013, 05:13 PM
On life I can get +70 hp (+30 racial from human and +40 fvs). On Lam I can only get +40 hp (+25 for free and +15 from the protection tree). Where do I find the remaining 30 hp or are those lost? That loss really irks me.

They're gone

Where did Unyielding Sovereignty go? I cannot seem to find that anymore and I really love the effect on death penalties.

I hear it's in the Beacon of Hope tree, try that.

Why were Aura of Menace and Shield of Condemnation changed to toggles from innate and always on? So that I might forget to turn them on?

For once I won't be sarcastic. This is an awesome change. You can now stealth through stuff without your aura pulling red alert. Although now that invis is garbage this is pretty pointless as well....sigh

No idea on the other stuff

rest
04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
For once I won't be sarcastic. This is an awesome change. You can now stealth through stuff without your aura pulling red alert. Although now that invis is garbage this is pretty pointless as well....sigh

Considering that being in sneak or invisible suppressed your aura already, this is kind of a silly change.

mute_mayhem
04-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Considering that being in sneak or invisible suppressed your aura already, this is kind of a silly change.

I was trying to find something semi-positive to say about this enhancement fail.

But you're right, the change itself is pointless, if only they had made it this way when AoV came out.

Matuse
04-19-2013, 02:09 AM
For once I won't be sarcastic. This is an awesome change. You can now stealth through stuff without your aura pulling red alert.

Toggle is nice for Aura of Menace, but completely, utterly, and totally pointless for Shield of Condemnation.

If you've never worn a Mabar cloak or something else with Invisibility Guard, you have no idea how annoying the "Suppress on Invis" function of the live version of the Aura is.

But Shield draws no aggro. There is no downside under any circumstances to having it active. So if there is no reason to ever turn it off, then there is also no reason to have it as a toggle. That's just hotbar real estate being consumed for no reason at all.

Valakai
04-19-2013, 05:33 AM

Does the damage from Avenging Light, Divine Wrath and Energy Burst go up from taking Intense Faith alone, Intense Faith + Zealot Faith or not at all from those? I expect those to go up but I am unsure if I need both enchancements or just Intense Faith - though the wording says "spells" so maybe those SLA are not considered for the effect?
How about Blade Barrier? I expect not as thats untyped and not really a damage spell.

I am assuming the HPs would be in Divine Avenger tree along with favored weapon damage boosts.

I would assume (not tested) that BB would benefit from this as the description says physical damage and I am hoping that it would effect Energy Burst as I have that twisted.

Carpone
04-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Heroic Durability now provides 40 HP at level 20.

mikarddo
04-19-2013, 06:53 AM
Heroic Durability now provides 40 HP at level 20.

Thats included - I am 30 hp short after having taken everything.