PDA

View Full Version : FvS Prestige Tree: Protection

mute_mayhem
04-18-2013, 12:40 PM
This is a joke right?

You take the worst tree from clerics and copy paste it for the 2nd FvS tree...

I'm speechless for once, well done Turbine.

JOTMON
04-18-2013, 01:06 PM
They didn't.. did they....
How does Protection get mashed in when it should be..

Angel of Vengence
Beacon of Hope
Divine Avenger

So they are not actually putting in tree's, they are just mashing in scrap and scattering them about to make it look like tree's.

http://assets.motivationalgenerator.com/hashed_silo_content/silo_content/34993/resized/dog.jpg

Cernunan
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Worst part, is that it's not even an attempted Fvs version of Protection, its just a recopy of the same exact badly done PRE from cleric.

darksol23
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/029/364/failboat2.jpg?1318992465

Carpone
04-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Adding Protection instead of Divine Avenger or Beacon of Hope is a slap in the face. The third tier of Angel of Vengeance is also extremely disappointing.

We waited 3.5 years for this?! Unbelievable.

Cryohazard
04-18-2013, 03:58 PM
My WF FvS LoB build was so irritated that he started shadowhumping devs in the test dojo.

...Ok not really, but I really wasn't thrilled about Protection for a cleric...and FvS are stuck with the same thing? Utter garbage. For what its worth, I also noticed a fvs PRE called "Invalid". Maybe a broken Beacon or Avenger in disguise?

orakio
04-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Adding Protection instead of Divine Avenger or Beacon of Hope is a slap in the face. The third tier of Angel of Vengeance is also extremely disappointing.

We waited 3.5 years for this?! Unbelievable.

One of the things that really gets me.... all the PrE's that were unfinished with only 2 tier's on live were just converted for their existing abilities to be counted as the third tier. Dev's could even finish the stuff they had the groundwork heavily started on.

I was one of the most positive people on the forums about the potential in the new system but the cutback from finishing all PrE's and the total lack of effort on Cleric/FvS has me a bit disappointed in the developers.

To be fair this is still considered a very early alpha, but at the moment I am not really seeing where all those months of development were spent after the topic of an overhaul of the enhancement system was first brought up. I am absolutely aware that there must be tons of coding behind the scenes to make the conversion in how the systems work, but really where is the creativity and new content and finishing of PrE's that has been demanded and talked about for so long. The idea of a complete duplicate PrE for the two divine casters is absolutely asinine and makes the dev's look lazy.

SealedInSong
04-18-2013, 06:23 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/029/364/failboat2.jpg?1318992465

Excellent.

I'm speechless. Just speechless. Even if this is a placeholder, and it MUST be, otherwise someone absolutely should get fired...

they copy+pasted the absolute, unequivocal, banners streaming and trumpets sounding @#$%ist tree of the entire alpha.

It's like waking up to find that your dog has crapped in your bed. Oh, and now your cat has too.

Enjoy

darksol23
04-18-2013, 08:26 PM
To be fair this is still considered a very early alpha, but at the moment I am not really seeing where all those months of development were spent after the topic of an overhaul of the enhancement system was first brought up.

*cough*
"Beholderling Creature Companion & Treats Available For A Limited Time! April 19-25"
*cough*

Do you really want or need to ask where the development priorities are? :rolleyes:

Aldieb
04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't get why there's no option at all to empower the healing spells.. :/ Nothing.. neither a little thing to spend a point in..

FranOhmsford
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
So...

Finally we all know the truth!

The Devs HATE Divines!

There can be no other reason for them doing this!

Honestly I give up...I'm NEVER {well at least till I forget I posted this} going to ask for Clerics to be boosted again!
There's clearly no point!

Are Warner Brothers trying to Kill DDO?
Look - No matter what happens I WON'T be playing Neverwinter! It holds no interest for me thanks to being just another MMO!
If I want to play Just another MMO I'll go play Star Wars!

Valakai
04-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Divine avenger nauuuuuuu. This is garbage, lazy and insulting.

RavenStormclaw
04-18-2013, 11:39 PM
I've been one of those so called fanbois who tried to see the positive in the new enhancements. However, I just hung my head in despair after I saw the protection line. It was just a copy and paste of the cleric line and was bitterly disappointing. It doesn't fit thematically and leaves me disappointed.