PDA

View Full Version : Leave the gates but make core abilities free

wolflordnexus
04-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Make Core abilities free as you hit the threshold. Yes even the capstones. Being able to have 2 capstones is fine if you have to give up all your tier 5 abilities and racial abilities to do so. This leaves players having to make tough decisions while freeing up a decent chunk of AP.

Jay203
04-18-2013, 12:18 PM
no thx

Magnus_Arcanis
04-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Make Core abilities free as you hit the threshold. Yes even the capstones. Being able to have 2 capstones is fine if you have to give up all your tier 5 abilities and racial abilities to do so. This leaves players having to make tough decisions while freeing up a decent chunk of AP.

Core abilties being free is fine in my opinion as they still require You to have 1,3,6,12,20 levels of that class. Kinda puts them more in line with Epic Destines.

That being said, having them be free (aside from being a bad idea) won't allow anyone to get a second capstone. As the "capstone," aka tier 5 core enhancements, require 20 class levels of a class to get.

Jay203
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Core abilties being free is fine in my opinion as they still require You to have 1,3,6,12,20 levels of that class. Kinda puts them more in line with Epic Destines.

That being said, having them be free (aside from being a bad idea) won't allow anyone to get a second capstone. As the "capstone," aka tier 5 core enhancements, require 20 class levels of a class to get.

a pure class will end up being able to grab 2 capstones if this was the case
spend 40 pts in two trees and viola, you get 2 capstones

Magnus_Arcanis
04-18-2013, 02:01 PM
a pure class will end up being able to grab 2 capstones if this was the case
spend 40 pts in two trees and viola, you get 2 capstones

Ah, I see what you're saying.

While I'm not sure if I'm inherently against allowing 2 capstones of the same class to be taken or not... I still maintain it's 'bad idea'-ish-ness.

Still, limit 1 capstone per character, but not having to spend the 2 AP to get it isn't terrible.

Jay203
04-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Ah, I see what you're saying.

While I'm not sure if I'm inherently against allowing 2 capstones of the same class to be taken or not... I still maintain it's 'bad idea'-ish-ness.

Still, limit 1 capstone per character, but not having to spend the 2 AP to get it isn't terrible.

that's why the core shouldn't be free...