PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement idea

Zeusknight
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Haven't seen this exact idea pitched for the enhancments. This is just to throw out another options for the devs to take into consideration if total points spent can purchase in all trees for pre req.

For the core racial tree have it total points spent. You cross class (ie ranger, fighter) any poits spen in racial tree and any other tree counts towards point pre req for the racial tree. ( this one i know has been pitched)

Now the part i haven't seen discussed, or at least couldn't find any dicussion on it. What if you spent points in a class tree it counted as a point towards all of the ranger trees. example: I spend points in tempest tree and that counts as a point spent in AA and DWS tree. This will allow access to parts of what we consider core class in other trees, such as favored enemies. This will open up more AP for spending as well.

On top of this though I would say if you purchase a teir 5 in one of the trees it locks out all other teir 5 tree abilites as to not become too overpowering.

I do understand that this may not competely take care of the cross-class problems with other class abilites points spent ect.. Just a thought to see what others think and get the idea out there as an alternate to total points.

EllisDee37
04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd prefer "total AP spent" for all trees, but this proposal would be better than "AP spent in tree" for sure.

It would still hurt multiclassing the same way the alpha system does, but it would at least be better for pure classes. Hmmm, maybe I'm not in favor of this after all.

"Total AP spent" is really the only viable gating system. It works so well on live; why in the world did they abandon it?

Seikojin
04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
The problem I see with most of these alternate methods of gating is they would allow people to top tier more than one tree. And it is obvious that the abilities granted by that tier are too strong to allow multiple trees to be capped at the same time.

I think an earlier suggestion by EllisDee37 in another thread was pretty solid, but it would take more coding than what is already being proposed; having the top tier abilities have a requirement that excludes being able to take any other trees top tier ability. So for example, the top tier AA abilities would say in their requirements; cannot have X,Y, Z from Deepwood Stalker.

Actually, that is how it should be; since you should be able to cap a tree per class. Well, I guess I should update my suggestion thread. LOL

EllisDee37
04-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I think an earlier suggestion by EllisDee37 in another thread was pretty solid, but it would take more coding than what is already being proposed; having the top tier abilities have a requirement that excludes being able to take any other trees top tier ability.Already accepted by the devs. It won't be part of tomorrow's update, but they've decided to implement this mechanic.

Zeusknight
04-17-2013, 11:11 PM
I agree total ap spent is honestly the way to go going to search for your suggestion now. Peaked my interest :).

EllisDee37
04-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Just to be clear, the idea the devs decided to go with was to have tier 5s lock out tier 5 for all other trees. Only that. (So far!)

Here's the complete idea:

1) Core abilities (the bottom row) retain their "AP spent in tree" gating system.

2) Taking a tier 5 in any tree locks out all other trees' tier 5s.

3) Tree abilities (tier 1 through tier 5) switch from "AP spent in tree" to "total AP spent." In order to balance power, the gates get jacked way up. (Currently I'm in favor of 0/10/30/50/68, which would allow a character to spend 10/20/20/18/12 points on tier 1/2/3/4/5.)

4) Arrow prereqs greatly reduced, down to a level similar to how it is on live.

Essentially, you'd end up having to spend 10 points on tier 1, but you could pick and choose any tier 1s from any of your available trees. Once you've spent 10 points on anything in any tier 1, all your tier 2 abilities in all your trees become unlocked and available. Spend 20 points on tier 2s and now all your tier 3s are unlocked. etc...

There would still be some arrow prereqs, in a similar amount as we have on live, but far less than we have on alpha.

(Note: This proposal essentially mirrors the system we have on live.)

srxmk2
04-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Just to be clear, the idea the devs decided to go with was to have tier 5s lock out tier 5 for all other trees. Only that. (So far!)

Here's the complete idea:

1) Core abilities (the bottom row) retain their "AP spent in tree" gating system.

2) Taking a tier 5 in any tree locks out all other trees' tier 5s.

3) Tree abilities (tier 1 through tier 5) switch from "AP spent in tree" to "total AP spent." In order to balance power, the gates get jacked way up. (Currently I'm in favor of 0/10/30/50/68, which would allow a character to spend 10/20/20/18/12 points on tier 1/2/3/4/5.)

4) Arrow prereqs greatly reduced, down to a level similar to how it is on live.

Essentially, you'd end up having to spend 10 points on tier 1, but you could pick and choose any tier 1s from any of your available trees. Once you've spent 10 points on anything in any tier 1, all your tier 2 abilities in all your trees become unlocked and available. Spend 20 points on tier 2s and now all your tier 3s are unlocked. etc...

There would still be some arrow prereqs, in a similar amount as we have on live, but far less than we have on alpha.

(Note: This proposal essentially mirrors the system we have on live.)

I think it is a great idea, and allows more custamization for multi-class builds
/signed