PDA

View Full Version : No Dev response for Clerics/Divines?

moops
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Should we be concerned that so far there has not been a Dev response to the unhappiness or even the rare happiness about the Divine enhancements? Other classes have received responses.

Phidius
04-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm guessing they're in agreement with the assessment that "clerics are now hjealbots"?

fink2008
04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't be concerned.

I"m willing to bet they got alot more feedback for this class then the others. No response could very well mean that they are just busy with actually reading teh data and/or making changes.

PNellesen
04-15-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm guessing they're in agreement with the assessment that "clerics are now hjealbots"?

I'd say that's accurate, based on past nerfs and comments.

(C'mon guys, prove us wrong. Tell us you're working on an offensive caster tree for Clerics.)

Matuse
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Rather than going through the effort of simply coding all divines out of existence, Turbine instead had just made them steadily more unplayable so that nobody would actually do it.

There won't be any responses.

Pape_27
04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
There won't be any responses.

this ^

Terebinthia
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I am getting a bit concerned, too.

Oi! Devs! Talk to us?

blerkington
04-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I've been wondering at the point of this too.

The problem is, we've had an incomplete system released to us with vague promises about how things will certainly different at the end. Just not what the differences will be.

How about releasing something which is as close as possible, design-wise, to how you think things should be? Even if it's riddled with bugs, we would see something a lot closer to the final picture. I think what we have now is the illusion of consultation.

It would also be really nice to get some specific commentary on the design goals of these changes. I am having a very hard time working out whether some of the problems we are seeing are result of an intentional design decisions or accidents from an incomplete system. Some of the reasoning behind the new system would be very useful, and also very revealing.

Thanks.

Memnir
04-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Maybe concerning, but certainly not surprising.
This is par for the course for a round of Llama-Land. The Alpha label is just a snow job, and is unlikley to go any differently then we've seen from previous Lamannia outings. Faux alpha or not.

I'd say it's time to start dusting off the Charlie Brown pic, but it hardly gets a break these days.

SirValentine
04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Even if we get a "dev" response, it will mostly likely be from one of the QA guys, rather than the people actually making the design decisions.

taurean430
04-16-2013, 07:22 PM
There likely will not be a dev response. Cromix, my Cleric will be tr'ing into a class that's actually playable. Depending on what they do with FvS, there may be two others. Perhaps not though. It's pretty damn easy to build a fighting, self healing, one and tell upset melee - I used to not mind healing you, now it isn't fun because it's the only viable option I given. Congrats, and don't forget to buy your ddo store pots.

Mubjon
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
I am willing to wait until they release he enhancement pass to all so we cfan build or attempt to build multi-class toons. If they keep with what we have I will work to get the clerics I have to 20 and stash a True heart on each, as I if Ineed a hire I will just get one to heal me.

My test from 1 to 20 played the same to level 9, but it is getting hard to keep it going.

AlmGhandi
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
No News is Good News

JOTMON
04-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Should we be concerned that so far there has not been a Dev response to the unhappiness or even the rare happiness about the Divine enhancements? Other classes have received responses.

What would they say..

Yes, you are right we only threw together the Nanny version of the cleric domain and made up some BS Protection domain because we didn't spend any time developing the Battle Casters and War Priests..

Sure we promised 3 domains but we were not serious, we just said that to get you off our backs for a year or so.

The whole multiple tree enhancment thing doesn't work but we have spent too much time and resources trying to make it work that we have to force it into the game anyway.

But don't worry we will fix it later in some future update.. (points behind you ..)hey look someone is talking about the level 28 cap raise coming this summer....( and poof disappears from sight...)

AlmGhandi
04-17-2013, 08:09 AM
But don't worry we will fix it later in some future update.. (points behind you ..)hey look someone is talking about the level 28 cap raise coming this summer....( and poof disappears from sight...)

LOL
Man, those devs sure are foxy!

(sorry for the thread hijack)
There is a cap raise to L28?
Where are the quests for the xp? Now that my L25 has farmed everything into the ground? Where do I get the xp from?

Ape_Man
04-17-2013, 08:16 AM
What satisfactory thing could they do for clerics besides nuke from orbit and start over?

AlmGhandi
04-17-2013, 08:21 AM
What satisfactory thing could they do for clerics besides nuke from orbit and start over?

Set up a date with Cellimas? In a Spa?

Or was that only Jeets' Fantasy...?

fink2008
04-17-2013, 08:21 AM
LOL

Where are the quests for the xp? Now that my L25 has farmed everything into the ground? Where do I get the xp from?

This is very much off topic but when you "farm" a quest at level 25 you do not increment the repeat counter. Thus it's very likely you have several quests that are currently in the game that you could run for experience to level from 25-26. Either way, the cap raise is coming with a new expansion, which will undoubtedly include enough quests and xp to get from 25-28.

AlmGhandi
04-17-2013, 08:24 AM
This is very much off topic but when you "farm" a quest at level 25 you do not increment the repeat counter. Thus it's very likely you have several quests that are currently in the game that you could run for experience to level from 25-26. Either way, the cap raise is coming with a new expansion, which will undoubtedly include enough quests and xp to get from 25-28.

Thanks for the reassurance!
Now back to the Topic:

Ape_Man
04-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Now back to the Topic:

d00000000000mmmmmm!!!!!!!

JOTMON
04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
LOL

AS per Glin-DDO Senior Producer - Erik Boyer for 7th Anniversary
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4918430

~snip~
we will also be raising the level cap to 28
~snip~

Thats all we know for now. no details on what kind of levels or any juicy details.. just the raising of the cap to 28...
....see now you've completely forgotten about the crappy enhancment pass changes.. havent you...

AlmGhandi
04-17-2013, 09:23 AM
d00000000000mmmmmm!!!!!!!

Yessir!

AS per Glin-DDO Senior Producer - Erik Boyer for 7th Anniversary
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4918430

Thats all we know for now. no details on what kind of levels or any juicy details.. just the raising of the cap to 28...
....see now you've completely forgotten about the crappy enhancment pass changes.. havent you...

What crappy enhancement pass changes??!?!?!?!???!?!?!??

InsanityIsYourFriend
04-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Agreed IDC if what they say is negative or positive, (ha ha go cleric line!) I would like a response

Ape_Man
04-17-2013, 09:47 AM
So self-healing is getting a big-arsed nerfed . . . at the same time clerics are nerfed to the point of being unplayable . . .

NGE here we come!

Only one important question remains . . . Elder Scrolls online or Neverwinter?

Ape_Man
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Agreed IDC if what they say is negative or positive, (ha ha go cleric line!) I would like a response

Actually the lack of a reply could be a good thing. They may have realized the change for Clerics is so bad they need to completely rethink it and don't want to say anything until they have something to present to us.

Oh who am I kidding . . . . D00000000000000mmmmmm!!!!!

JOTMON
04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
So self-healing is getting a big-arsed nerfed . . . at the same time clerics are nerfed to the point of being unplayable . . .

NGE here we come!

heh,

NWN comes across as Diablo/Star Wars like. less complicated than what most DDO players are used to, still fun to play, but they are all cookie cutter builds.. no multi-classing, no real variations in builds, gameplay is restrictive. You follow the road.. there is great scenery and things going on around you.. but your path is essentially predefined...More like playing your part in a well read story.

Elder Scrolls looks promising and more in line with the niche style of gaming that DDO currently fills (even though it seems DDO is trying to get away from this and be more like other MMO's).
In a lot of ways ES is much more... the vastness of where you are and what you can do is almost overwhelming. Abilities and skills are more directly tied to your actions.
Downside is it is not DnD based, so for the nostalgic PnP player the gameplay is different.

artistx
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM

NGE here we come!

I played the Neverwinter online... It's more like what DDO is trying to become so not exactly a place to run to.... TES online looks to have a more Freeform Class System..

Flavilandile
04-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Concerned that what we see is going to be poured forcefully down our throat without any relevant changes : YES definitely.

Concerned that we won't see any more trees once this abortion has been forced down our throat : Yes Definitely.

Concerned about the long time survival of DDO after that : Yes Definitely.

Concerned about getting a response : No They won't answer, they have a better idea than us players of what is good for the game, proof are the fact that my posts with a Radiant Servant Tree have not even been acknowledged.

With Turbine's Track Record : No News is Bad News... That's their usual policy, players are unhappy by an impending change, we play the Tree Monkeys ( Don't See, Don't Hear, Don't Talk ), and just put the thing on live.