PDA

View Full Version : Devs, let me be crystal clear about this

Shmuel
04-15-2013, 04:01 PM
before monk enhancements are shown, even in an alpha, lets be completely clear.

if there is no ten thousand stars enhancement, and a monk choose-able feat of the same is not added, you kill 99% of every archer build in the game right now. This is only compounded with the already insane 20 point/arrow damage nerf by eliminating slayer arrows as an imbuement (don't even get me started on active abilities, which you all seem to like as much as crackheads like crack).

my main and favorite toon is an archer and has been since april of 2006. I slogged through years and years where ranged combat was so far behind everything else it was laughable to have a ranged toon even for flavor. It has been many long years, with a very SLOW and gradual increase in power for ranged toons to the point where they are now, if built properly, viable in endgame content as meaningful contributors.

the elimination of slayer arrows is a major push backwards for that. If 10k stars goes away its a much more major push backwards- and backwards off the cliff.

Don't even put things up as alpha without a clear indication of where 10k stars or its equivalent is going to be. cause i don't even want to know you considered eliminating it.

Dhalgren
04-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Ninja'd (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4986289#post4986289).

Shmuel
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
well he was more polite. you know what they say about honey and vinegar...

Missing_Minds
04-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Posted at 3:17 pm.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4986289#post4986289

Memnir
04-15-2013, 04:23 PM
It not leaving the game and not being reworked so much as to be unrecognizable to it's current form are not the same thing, however. Time will tell on that. And no, I'm not trying to rouse the rabble or what not... just saying. Yes, it might still be in the game - but we don't know what that means yet.

Chai
04-15-2013, 04:37 PM

One could only hope it is honey, and not something with a similar color in there with the vinegar.

WruntJunior
04-16-2013, 02:26 AM

Fact: Vinegar attracts more flies than honey. >_>

Jay203
04-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Fact: Vinegar attracts more flies than honey. >_>

wait, really? :eek::eek::eek:
~goes to google it~

EDIT: what do you know, i learned something today :D

eachna_gislin
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
before monk enhancements are shown, even in an alpha, lets be completely clear.

the elimination of slayer arrows is a major push backwards for that. If 10k stars goes away its a much more major push backwards- and backwards off the cliff.

Don't even put things up as alpha without a clear indication of where 10k stars or its equivalent is going to be. cause i don't even want to know you considered eliminating it.

The enhancement pass has dropped racial toughness lines because people considered them "necessary" to have. Frankly, I'd expect any single enhancement that's important to multiple, related builds to be nerfed or eliminated.

In a way, that's a good thing -- no collection of builds should be dependant on a single widget to work.

But, we have to hope that the devs would replace it with multiple desirable options (each desirable for a different reason) and I just don't see that happening. Not with what we've seen already.

The future they've shown us is shoe-horning toons into a few specific build paths.