PDA

View Full Version : Please consider lowering the cost to unlock racial classes

DeafeningWhisper
04-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Or remove it all together, right now to unlock access to a racial class (like AA for elf) you need to spend 17 points in your racial tree, then to max said racial class 41 points.

This means I need 58 points to make full use of my racial class, leaving 22 points usable for my actual class.

The cost is far too restrictive, as it's implemented I see no reason to pick a class for the racial class it unlocks, you lose almost full access to your class trees...

Miow
04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
There was a statement by a dev saying they decided to start off more in the nerfed direction and work their way back down rather than start off in giving too much and have to nerf us and start a full on nerd rage. :D Hopefully with documentation and testing they will actually listen to us and find a nice middle ground along the way.

Ganolyn
04-13-2013, 10:41 AM
They've already stated that the racial costs to open up the tree are not WAI.

DeafeningWhisper
04-13-2013, 05:54 PM
They've already stated that the racial costs to open up the tree are not WAI.

I saw the post, Varg was talking about the racial core enhancements not the racial class enhancements.

Meaning having to spend 17 in racial core to unlock racial class is WAI, at least in this version of the pass.

Shmuel
04-14-2013, 01:49 PM
/signed

Start off in the nerfed direction? How about start off at least close to what it should actually be? These costs are ridiculous and make the very concept of racial PRES pointless for 95% of people.

There should be no cost, or maybe 4 AP, to unlock your racial tree. Nerf later? How about test before you implement.

Sir_Noob
04-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Nerf later? How about test before you implement.

Ummm, isn't this why this is currently on Lammania?

I too am worried about the direction this is currently heading.
However this IS in the ALPHA stage.

I am not wanting to duplicate my Diablo II experience, what I am hoping for is a better more diverse DDO.

Dev's, please keep this game as diverse as possible as freedom of builds is what keeps this game interesting.
The number of people who play this game will drop if build diversity narrows.

Thrudh
04-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Nerf later? How about test before you implement.

Heh, they ARE testing. Lammania is a TEST server.

DeafeningWhisper
04-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Heh, they ARE testing. Lammania is a TEST server.

Actually it's a preview server, the test server is Mournland.