PDA

View Full Version : Lamannia client won't connect

Stanley_Nicholas
04-13-2013, 01:47 AM
I have successfully downloaded and installed my Lamannia client, into a different directory than my live client. Once the launcher loads though, it fails to connect. It just sits there at this point:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7525/44780112.jpg

Until it eventually fails, like so:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4765/15763240.jpg

My launcher for the live servers works perfectly fine, no problems connecting at all. My firewall is set to give the Lamannia launcher and client full access to both incoming and outgoing data. Just to test it, I completely disabled my firewall and tried restarting the Lamannia launcher and there was no change. This is not a firewall issue. What's the problem here?

thegreatneil
04-13-2013, 01:54 AM
i am having this exact same issue, uninstalled, re-downloaded, and still stuck.

Ulfgaar
04-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Same issues as well...searching forums for a solution but no luck yet

BoBach
04-13-2013, 02:06 AM
i have the same issue. Maybe Lama is down?

Regards Bo

irnimnode
04-13-2013, 02:10 AM
if you log out and close the client you can not get back in there are still a few of us in also if you leave the test dojo you can not go back because the door is gone

Tat2Freak
04-13-2013, 02:17 AM
if you log out and close the client you can not get back in there are still a few of us in also if you leave the test dojo you can not go back because the door is gone
Squeek posted this in another thread:

The Kobold room also provides a handy area to test out abilities! However, if Lamannia comes crashing down because of this, we will have to close the Test Dojo and return to the old ways.

So maybe having everything in one place has caused an issue...

SqueakofDoom
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I was able to log in yesterday and today. (I have also replaced the Test Dojo door.) Are you still running into this issue?

PpalP
04-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes, can't connect, stop at "waiting".

I think that people that have the instalation of Lama before the update can connect, but the ones that have download the latest version after update can't connect (maybe have to do with the infamous Pando media)

thegreatneil
04-14-2013, 09:04 AM
Yes, still having this same issue.
I even went as far as to uninstall the test server, the normal game, AND Pando, all for fresh new installs.
Also having no issue logging onto regular worlds.

benicius
04-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Yep, having the same issue ... Connect is stuck at waiting. Downloaded the client yesterday afternoon.

Tat2Freak
04-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I was able to log in yesterday and today. (I have also replaced the Test Dojo door.) Are you still running into this issue?
Yeah still having issues...here is the longer list of people also experiencing problems:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414877

Lerincho
04-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Been having this issues since the new Lamannia build was opened. Took a battle with Pando Media Booster to even get this far. Something on Turbine's end is not working right.

Cheezburgerz
04-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Same exact thing.

00Danny
04-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Same thing here.

Arnhelm
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Still sitting at Connect for long periods, then getting the request timed out message, minute delay, then another long period of sitting at Connect.

xaul17
04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Just tried it too, mine launched without hesitation.

Using nothing high end. My connection even is iffy. Not sure what is up here.

telulu
04-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately I am having the same issues here. The main DDO live client is working perfectly for me, yet when I attempt to go to Lammania I am stuck on the "connect: Waiting" problem. I installed/resinstalled 4 times (2 times on two separate computers) . Once with the downloader I got back in 2010 and another that I downloaded this morning, both still having the same problem.

I have double checked my firewall settings and can't find any issue there. I made sure that each installation is miles away from the other on my hard drive. I tried doing the high graphics install and without the high graphics. I have also cleared out the cache and temp.files on IE (I read that might be an issue) and still no go.

Any assistance on resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

RandomKeypress
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Same thing here. Downloaded the Lamannia client on a new PC for the enhancement pass alpha preview.

Lerincho
04-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Yes we are still running into the issue. No we are not getting any kind of advice from Turbine. Not a shock that the Lamannia coordinator was able to log in.

Jujube85
04-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Won't connect for me either.

Downloaded and installed a few days ago, so not an old/updated version of lama if that helps any at all.

HelvanderSeries6
04-14-2013, 03:17 PM
same issue for days now and tried everything i could think of to resolve the problem to no avail.

raven98
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I have the same issue also..I can log into live servers just fine, but Lam is stuck on connect. Tried reinstalling and same problem. Downloaded latest build about a week ago.

Flavilandile
04-14-2013, 03:37 PM
just to add my two cents : connected without any problem a few hours ago and saw the replaced door.
If it can help.

BlackSteel
04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
having same issue. stuck on Connect : Waiting

downloaded the highres Lam build yesterday morning

donblas
04-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Same issue - stuck at connect.

Other servers work fine.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Yup, still having the issue. I have not been able to connect at all yet.

Cheezburgerz
04-14-2013, 04:49 PM
No luck. No support. No surprise.

blkcat1028
04-14-2013, 05:26 PM
A fresh install of Lama-land and I cannot connect. Stuck at waiting.

dynahawk
04-14-2013, 06:09 PM
I have two computers trying to run Lam.

The one that had the lam client installed on it before the new update, updated and runs fine.

The other one that did not have lam client gets the connect wait / retry problems. I downloaded the client today.

I guess it could be only new downloads that are having the issues.

Tid12
04-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Same issues.

Guaire
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Same issue here.

Seikojin
04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I just got on just fine.

Hellllboy
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Waiting...

Guess it is not working :mad:

Deathdefy
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Been a few hours since someone complained.

I'm still experiencing this issue. I also had Pando download troubles until turning proxies off.

Lerincho
04-14-2013, 09:15 PM
I just got on just fine.

Did you just download the client, or was it previously on your hard drive?

donblas
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM

The one that had the lam client installed on it before the new update, updated and runs fine.

The other one that did not have lam client gets the connect wait / retry problems. I downloaded the client today.

Nope, I haven't got the new download. Still stuck on "connect - waiting".

bucyrus
04-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Fresh downland of the client and stuck at Connecting...

Used PyLotRO to get past the usual launcher...

Able to login but fails 20/20 attempts to load servers and get to to the character menu.

Checked for the firewall and nothing being blocked

Stanley_Nicholas
04-15-2013, 08:56 AM
So, now that the weekend is over and the turbine techies are back in the office, is this connection issue being looked into?

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 09:01 AM
So, now that the weekend is over and the turbine techies are back in the office, is this connection issue being looked into?

Did you download your client Thursday, or after the new build as well?

chance2000
04-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Was able to log in on both my main pc and my laptop this morning.

WangChi
04-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Fresh download (after numerous pando media booster issues) today and still stuck at "Connect: Waiting...".

I would LOVE to give feedback on this new system, but that is looking less and less like a possibility.

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Fresh download (after numerous pando media booster issues) today and still stuck at "Connect: Waiting...".

I would LOVE to give feedback on this new system, but that is looking less and less like a possibility.

I am right there with you.

voodoogroves
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
DL'd last night - seeing this as well.

danzig138
04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Downloaded last night, hanging on "waiting".

Limmi
04-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Fresh downland of the client and stuck at Connecting...

Used PyLotRO to get past the usual launcher...

Able to login but fails 20/20 attempts to load servers and get to to the character menu.

Checked for the firewall and nothing being blocked

Same thing here.

On my desktop I have a really old version of Lamannia (pre-motu), and a fresh copy on my laptop both with the same issue.

Mercureal
04-15-2013, 11:35 AM
I'll throw my name onto the list - downloaded the Lammania client on Friday and could never get past the 'waiting' message when trying to start. I uninstalled and will do a fresh reinstall today, but based on this thread I'm not hopeful.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-15-2013, 11:47 AM

I had a client installed from when I was previewing MotU last summer (it worked fine back then), and when I tried running it I got this waiting-to-connect problem. So I did battle with Pando and emerged victorious, re-downloaded the install files on Friday night, and used them to run an installation repair on my pre-existing client. It resulted in no change - still wouldn't connect. And a full uninstall and reinstall is the same too. Won't connect.

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 11:57 AM
I had a client installed from when I was previewing MotU last summer (it worked fine back then), and when I tried running it I got this waiting-to-connect problem. So I did battle with Pando and emerged victorious, re-downloaded the install files on Friday night, and used them to run an installation repair on my pre-existing client. It resulted in no change - still wouldn't connect. And a full uninstall and reinstall is the same too. Won't connect.

Then it would seem that something with the current download file with the new Lamannia build is definitely causing the issue.

ahpook
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Add me to the list. I fired up my MotU preview install from last year (expecting it to update to the latest Lamannia build) but no luck. It is stuck on connect like many others. Could it be a DNS issue? What servers do we hit for lamannia?

Ulfgaar
04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Still no update to the problem it seems. I'll keep trying to log in.

Missing_Minds
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM
When Turbine lost their address and people had to modifiy their host file, did people go back and undo the changes?

I know I did, however, I noticed last night my event logger showing critical issues that it could no longer access the host file. I don't know if that is Turbine related or MS related as apparently one of their patches (1 or 2 days before Lama got updated) is so screwed up they want people to uninstall it. Seems to be interacting baddly with certain antivirus programs if I spent the 5 seconds looking at that correctly.

Cordovan
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Just a heads up that we are looking into the reports of client download/login issues for Lamannia (and new installations using Pando for the live client) that are impacting some folks.

Seikojin
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM

I think this is the issue. Prolly a Pnado thing. IIRC there was issue with this and people needed to disable their firewall and update java in order for it to download and run properly.

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Just a heads up that we are looking into the reports of client download/login issues for Lamannia (and new installations using Pando for the live client) that are impacting some folks.

As an experiment, is there a way the previous install packet could be added? The Pando issue can be worked around by completely turning off the proxy settings, which leads us to ask for another NON-Pando way to get ANY client.

Qezuzu
04-15-2013, 03:43 PM
and new installations using Pando for the live client)

Non-Pando option when?

Guaire
04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Non-Pando option when?

Steam.

That's what I had to do to get the live client on my new laptop. Messed with Pando for 2 days before going with the Steam version. Grrrrrr.

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Steam.

That's what I had to do to get the live client on my new laptop. Messed with Pando for 2 days before going with the Steam version. Grrrrrr.

Does not help in getting Lamannia, therefore an invalid option.

Cigaran
04-15-2013, 04:50 PM

I can install the DDO release client via Steam. Why is Lamannia any different? Please get rid of the 3rd party shovel ware.

Ulfgaar
04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
I do hope you decide to extend phase one of the Alpha tests when we are able to get in. I was hoping to test out a few of the enhancement lines :)

Claver
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM

Well I saw some progress today...

...in that I am no longer stuck at the Pando glitch and was able to download the lamannia client.

...but, like everyone else in the thread, I'm now stuck on the "waiting to connect" at the log in screen.

brickwall
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I have created a generic fix but I wont post on forums will offer a link by PM only it should go with out saying I take no responsibility for any side effects but I do guarantee all files are 100% official and unmodified. if I get the go a head from cordovan I will post the link publicly.

Lerincho
04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I have created a generic fix but I wont post on forums will offer a link by PM only it should go with out saying I take no responsibility for any side effects but I do guarantee all files are 100% official and unmodified. if I get the go a head from cordovan I will post the link publicly.

Might I suggest sir, that if you have a fix to either PM Cordovan with the extra issue you discovered, or in one of the numerous threads about the issue post what is causing the issue. This could possibly lead to a quicker resolution instead of another third party fix. Not saying that you are not trustworthy; however, with it being a Turbine product, it should be a Turbine solution that is released to the public

brickwall
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Might I suggest sir, that if you have a fix to either PM Cordovan with the extra issue you discovered, or in one of the numerous threads about the issue post what is causing the issue. This could possibly lead to a quicker resolution instead of another third party fix. Not saying that you are not trustworthy; however, with it being a Turbine product, it should be a Turbine solution that is released to the public

they have already corrected the problem but it could take a while to get passed down to the end user. I have also created micro installers but I don't think they would approve. the micro installers result in a less them 20MB installer download that self updates to full with out any need for PMB or anything.

BDog77
04-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Is it possible that they changed where the Lamannia server is? This is the line I have in my turbinelauncher.exe.config file....

<add key="Launcher.DataCenterService.GLS" value="http://gls-lm.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx"/>

Is this the same line for those that are able to connect?

whereispowderedsilve
04-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Is it possible that they changed where the Lamannia server is? This is the line I have in my turbinelauncher.exe.config file....

<add key="Launcher.DataCenterService.GLS" value="http://gls-lm.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx"/>

Is this the same line for those that are able to connect?

Yes, it is identical! Sorry! :( Good luck! Cheers! :P! :)!

Lyria
04-16-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm actually starting to get a bit annoyed at not being able to log in. Usually I'd just say "meh, I'll go do something else", but I REALLY want to check out the enhancement pass, and give some feedback on it. The inability to get past the fricking "waiting..." part of the launcher is seriously testing my patience at this point, since it's been 3+ days, with no fix in sight.

SqueakofDoom
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
I am terribly sorry about the issues with downloading and connecting to Lamannia. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for this to get fixed. I appreciate your interest in checking out the Enhancements on Lamannia, and of course I want you to be able to play with them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

brickwall
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I am terribly sorry about the issues with downloading and connecting to Lamannia. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for this to get fixed. Thank you for your patience.

if you give the OK I will post a link to a simple workaround install I've whipped up.

Lerincho
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
I am terribly sorry about the issues with downloading and connecting to Lamannia. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for this to get fixed. I appreciate your interest in checking out the Enhancements on Lamannia, and of course I want you to be able to play with them as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Just to clarify, this issue is directly related to the Pando issue? If not, please help us understand how the preview server is dependent on a 3rd party for connecting to the client. Is the preview server not a Turbine product?

Stanley_Nicholas
04-16-2013, 10:28 AM

In light of these issues, would you consider leaving the current crop of class enhancements available in the next build when you open up the next set of classes for discussion?

Qezuzu
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM

Torrent.
File.

Lerincho
04-16-2013, 02:55 PM
The sound of silence is disturbing.

Missing_Minds
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Torrent.
File.

Out of date next update.

How do you get users to keep the torrent up to date? (preferably automatically as users are inherently lazy.) Have they actually created a method yet for torrent streams to get automatically updated to the correct version? I ask that one seriously as I seldom torrent any more.

brickwall
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
I would just like to make note that I have several very happy people that successfully fixed there lama client with my patch and are now testing on lama.

Artos_Fabril
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Out of date next update.

How do you get users to keep the torrent up to date? (preferably automatically as users are inherently lazy.) Have they actually created a method yet for torrent streams to get automatically updated to the correct version? I ask that one seriously as I seldom torrent any more.
Torrent downloads build #whatever, launcher applies any updates from that point. It's not like Pando is downloading the most up-to-date game files either.

askgar
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I would just like to make note that I have several very happy people that successfully fixed there lama client with my patch and are now testing on lama.

I have got this "patch" (it appears to be old versions of some files) and it seems to work, however I am, and will continue to be, incredibly paranoid, it's been checked for Viruses, inspected by me, etc. and I can't see anything wrong but I'm still a sceptic.

Its nothing personal brickwall, just protecting myself.

Lerincho
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
After filing a Tech support ticket stating that Live client works, issue is purely with Lamannia, here is what I have. Please educate me why I would have to jump through these hoops if one of the products does work and one does not and they use the same resources?

Thank you for your request. As a test please perform the steps outlined below to refresh your internet connection completely, and note any results or changes:

Start by power cycling your router and/or modem by unplugging them, wait 10 to 20 seconds, then plugging them back in
Once those have reset themselves click on the "Start" button and then click on "All Programs"
Choose "Accessories"
In the menu, find the "Command Prompt" icon, right-click it and choose Run as Administrator. If this option is not listed, simply left-click the command prompt icon instead.
On the Command Prompt window that pops up, type the command below exactly as it appears, hitting the enter key afterward:

ipconfig /flushdns

When that command finishes there should be a message of "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache", at which point please reboot your computer and upon re-entering Windows, and test again to see if the issue persists.

If after typing in the ipconfig /flushdns command and hitting enter you do not see the success message, or if you received an error, ensure that you typed the command exactly as it appears above.

Once you have reset your connection as detailed, note in a reply if there was any effect on the issue, or if any came up during the process and we will gladly assist with additional troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,

brickwall
04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I have got this "patch" (it appears to be old versions of some files) and it seems to work, however I am, and will continue to be, incredibly paranoid, it's been checked for Viruses, inspected by me, etc. and I can't see anything wrong but I'm still a sceptic.

Its nothing personal brickwall, just protecting myself.

all files contained are current as of today nothing old in there.

Missing_Minds
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
After filing a Tech support ticket stating that Live client works, issue is purely with Lamannia, here is what I have. Please educate me why I would have to jump through these hoops if one of the products does work and one does not and they use the same resources?
Spiral notebook. If you do not do what they say, they will not continue to the next possibility.

Spiral notebooks are also seldom updated.

Lerincho
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Spiral notebook. If you do not do what they say, they will not continue to the next possibility.

Spiral notebooks are also seldom updated.

Got it, the "choose your own adventure" method.

Then again I'm still wondering why the preview server is a 3rd party and not something in house that they can fix first hand.

Missing_Minds
04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Got it, the "choose your own adventure" method.

Then again I'm still wondering why the preview server is a 3rd party and not something in house that they can fix first hand.
It is a "cost savings" solution in so far that they do not need to retain people that understand how the software works to fix it, let alone pay people to develop a solution when a COTS already exists.

Qezuzu
04-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Out of date next update.

If only there was a way for an old version of the game to get updated...

Lerincho
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM

Now that's just cooky talk

brickwall
04-16-2013, 06:08 PM

I did one better I separated the launcher/updater from the game files and packaged it as a cure all.

haulindonkey
04-17-2013, 12:12 AM
I'm actually starting to get a bit annoyed at not being able to log in. Usually I'd just say "meh, I'll go do something else", but I REALLY want to check out the enhancement pass, and give some feedback on it. The inability to get past the fricking "waiting..." part of the launcher is seriously testing my patience at this point, since it's been 3+ days, with no fix in sight.

^^^^^ THIS to the 3rd power or more.... Been about 5+days for me and I'm DYING to get into Lamannia and try out the new enhancement pass..... HELLO! Squeek? You there? This is beyond frustrating and disappointing. I want to get in test things out and give some feedback. Any eta on when the droves of people (not everyone reads the forums and an even smaller minority actually posts on the forums) that are itching to test things out for the developers might be able to get in?

On a side note, noticing there has been absolutely no movement on this issue in almost a week.... Anyone out there that is able to get in happen to have an older version of the downloader/installer they might share with the rest of us that are locked out of Lamannia? Pretty Please? With sugar on it?

Stanley_Nicholas
04-17-2013, 12:17 AM

I can vouch for this patch. It works.

PpalP
04-17-2013, 04:18 AM

thanks for the patch, works perfectly : )

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Is this the day hope is restored, or confirmation of Turbine's lack of motivation to resolve issues.

SqueakofDoom
04-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Just to clarify, this issue is directly related to the Pando issue? If not, please help us understand how the preview server is dependent on a 3rd party for connecting to the client. Is the preview server not a Turbine product?

Unfortunately, this is directly related to the Pando issue. We are working with Pando to get it fixed.

I know this situation is very frustrating for everyone, and I want this issue to be sorted out as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it is not something I can personally solve. I will keep you updated as I find out more.

We have also decided to keep previously viewed Class Enhancement Trees available as we preview the new trees. Hence, for Thursday's build, you will have access to Druid, Favored Soul, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard as well as Artificer, Cleric, Fighter, and Ranger. (And then access to all trees for the last week of the Enhancements Alpha Preview.)

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately, this is directly related to the Pando issue. We are working with Pando to get it fixed.

We have also decided to keep previously viewed Class Enhancement Trees available as we preview the new trees. Hence, for Thursday's build, you will have access to Druid, Favored Soul, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard as well as Artificer, Cleric, Fighter, and Ranger. (And then access to all trees for the last week of the Enhancements Alpha Preview.)

Since we are waiting on Pando, bad business decision by the way, can you give Brickwall permission to post his fix on the forums? After all, you are wanting as many people providing feedback on the enhancements as possible, right?

MakeItADouble
04-17-2013, 08:45 AM
FYI devs-

Downloaded Lama last night.

Same problem as OP.

I sad panda now.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Since we are waiting on Pando, bad business decision by the way, can you give Brickwall permission to post his fix on the forums? After all, you are wanting as many people providing feedback on the enhancements as possible, right?

For legal reasons, I'm sure they can't give that permission or endorse it in any way. Even though it works.

donblas
04-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Hence, for Thursday's build, you will have access to Druid, Favored Soul, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard as well as Artificer, Cleric, Fighter, and Ranger. (And then access to all trees for the last week of the Enhancements Alpha Preview.)

Will I have access - really?

Or will the problem continue?

Missing_Minds
04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Will I have access - really?
Or will the problem continue?

Problems will continue. And people wonder why we complain so much about Pando.

rest
04-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Have him post it on a 3rd party site/fan site.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Problems will continue. And people wonder why we complain so much about Pando.

We would be better off with a panda delivering the information.

brickwall
04-17-2013, 09:24 AM
My mailbox is overflowing with requests and thanks so i'm just going to post the fix and so be it what ever they want to do to me about it.

Instructions:
This patch is a self extracting rar it is a silent installation it extracts the files directly in to the default installation folder.
If you did a custom install you can either extract it with WinRAR or go the default folder and move the files by hand.
The default installation path : C:/ProgramFiles/Turbine/DDO Unlimited(Preview).
The files contained within the patch are nothing more then the latest known working launcher files.
The download it self is hosted by media fire you may notice a lot of ads on the download page be sure you look carefully for the real download link in the box with the mediafire logo and the file name.
I think this about covers any problems users have experienced so far.
Side notes : I've personally been able to extract and completely patch the client in place on my desktop. I have also created a copy for DDO live.

Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?u22181q40m8g8kj

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Have him post it on a 3rd party site/fan site.

I have no control over him. You could ask him yourself :D

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
My mailbox is overflowing with requests and thanks so i'm just going to post the fix and so be it what ever they want to do to me about it.

Thank you brick, for your assistance.

brickwall
04-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Thank you brick, for your assistance.

squeak axially sent me a PM thanks message but did not give me a OK but I think that's good enough.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Quick question while looking at the files within the Lamannia folder. What the heck is AwesomiumProcess? Just the cynic in me wants this to be the file causing the issue because, whoever named it needs to be tarred and feathered.

brickwall
04-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Quick question while looking at the files within the Lamannia folder. What the heck is AwesomiumProcess? Just the cynic in me wants this to be the file causing the issue because, whoever named it needs to be tarred and feathered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/245771-awesomiumprocess-exe-whats.html

SableShadow
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Turbine's Awesomium entry. (http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3808/What-is-the-AwesomiumProcess-exe-process-and-why-is-it-running-when-I-play)

Lerincho
http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/245771-awesomiumprocess-exe-whats.html

What's next? IdoNotKnowWhatThisFileDoes.exe?

Flavilandile

Check your live directory... it's there too.. And it has been there for quite a while.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Turbine's Awesomium entry. (http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3808/What-is-the-AwesomiumProcess-exe-process-and-why-is-it-running-when-I-play)

Still say it's one of the dumbest names

SableShadow
04-17-2013, 09:40 AM
What's next? IdoNotKnowWhatThisFileDoes.exe?

That's probably associated with Norton Antigame ... err, Antivirus. :P

Still say it's one of the dumbest names

Your persistent adherence to facts will be your undoing!

brickwall
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM

I Support Nod32 (www.eset.com) Antivirus has a built in game mode.

SableShadow
04-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I Support Nod32 (www.eset.com) Antivirus has a built in game mode.

Heck yeah!
I can't speak highly enough of it.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:45 AM

So not one to talk about persistence :D I remember quite a few "failure not option" quests in the beginning with some dancing rogue.

SableShadow
04-17-2013, 09:47 AM
So not one to talk about persistence :D I remember quite a few "failure not option" quests in the beginning with some dancing rogue.

Heh heh heh, those were awesome! :D
The BAM ones stick in my mind most, but they were all awesome-without-the-ium.

BruceTheHoon
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Will we also have access to the previous class surveys?
I was more than annoyed today when I found out, that I am no longer able to fill out the class queries - the very ones that allows us to enter the most detailed and visible feedback.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Heh heh heh, those were awesome! :D
The BAM ones stick in my mind most, but they were all awesome-without-the-ium.

That BAM run, hurt. Like a lot, and I've been in some horrific runs on quests. First 3 times of VON 3 Elite back in the day that took hours, but that BAM has never been matched.

rest
04-17-2013, 10:15 AM
I have no control over him. You could ask him yourself :D

I'm not having issues with connecting to Lamannia, so my interest in this is purely academic. ;)

BMurph
04-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks very much brickwall. No sooner than using your fix I'm able to connect. =D

Hopefully this well help aid in the official fix as well. Hate how politics can make everything so messy with getting these kind of fixes out there. :(

brickwall
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Just hope they don't give me another bogus infraction over something that skims the lines of there policy's.

Lerincho
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Just hope they don't give me another bogus infraction over something that skims the lines of there policy's.

Bogus infractions have littered this forum since inception. Hold head high, you did more in a few hours than their partner has done in years.

gencydefen
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks to brickwall for your fix.

My2Cents
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the response about Pando, Squeak!

I hope the appropriate people know that there have been a number of messages in the Tech Assistance forum and a few in the General forum that describe issues with the Live client as well.

I was concerned that new users trying to download DDO for the first time might be turned away. I'm glad that it's being worked on and I hope that if its the same thing as Live, that it wasn't just the Lammania issue that brought it forward.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Heck yeah!
I can't speak highly enough of it.

My antivirus of choice as well.

Stanley_Nicholas
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
And yes, thanks again brickwall. So far I've submitted 7 bug reports based on what I have seen and tested since your patch got things working for me last night. I can sense Gazebo's tear ducts beginning to well up already.

brickwall
04-17-2013, 03:56 PM
my mailbox is still overflowing but its mostly thank you reply's now.

donblas
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I obviously did something stupid cos Brickwall's fix didn't work for me. Rats!

brickwall
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM

you could unzip the patch and apply it manually your self to the client.
the only possible problem I could imagine is the patch was not applied generally this means you did not install to the default installation folder.
this being the case you will need to either move the files it installed to the default folder or unzip it and do it by hand.

Texlaw1992
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
For some reason it would not work for me either, even though the file appeared to be in the correct path (maybe a Windows 8 issue?)

Anyway, unzipping it with Stuffit and moving the files manually worked fine.

Thanks Brick!

Artos_Fabril
04-18-2013, 12:00 AM
On my machine the default folder was C:\Program Files(x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited(Preview). If you also have a 64 bit OS, you probably have the same issue. Extracting via WinRAR was effective.

donblas
04-18-2013, 01:00 AM
On my machine the default folder was C:\Program Files(x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited(Preview). If you also have a 64 bit OS, you probably have the same issue. Extracting via WinRAR was effective.

Yup my Lamannia was in the (x86). I got the 64 bit WinRAR and extracted the the files (selecting the C:\Program Files(x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited(Preview) folder as destination. The extracter asked if I wanted to replace files so I said yes to all. Still no joy alas.

I still suspect my own competence rather than any other problem however.

Also I have the bizarre situation (both before and after the above) that when I close the lamannia launcher (when I'm bored with WAITING) Windows media center always starts up!

brickwall
04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Yup my Lamannia was in the (x86). I got the 64 bit WinRAR and extracted the the files (selecting the C:\Program Files(x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited(Preview) folder as destination. The extracter asked if I wanted to replace files so I said yes to all. Still no joy alas.

I still suspect my own competence rather than any other problem however.

Also I have the bizarre situation (both before and after the above) that when I close the lamannia launcher (when I'm bored with WAITING) Windows media center always starts up!

I suspect other factors are at work on your computer as if you where to extract the patch to your desktop and run the launcher from the folder it should by all rights patch it self fully and work in place as it has in all my tests.

Mercureal
04-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Instructions:
This patch is a self extracting rar it is a silent installation it extracts the files directly in to the default installation folder.
If you did a custom install you can either extract it with WinRAR or go the default folder and move the files by hand.
The files contained within the patch are nothing more then the latest known working launcher files.
The download it self is hosted by media fire you may notice a lot of ads on the download page be sure you look carefully for the real download link in the box with the mediafire logo and the file name.
Side notes : I've personally been able to extract and completely patch the client in place on my desktop. I have also created a copy for DDO live.

Thanks for this, Brick. I downloaded your patch but haven't used it yet. I tried a reinstall of Lammania, but of course it still didn't work. It finished pretty late last night, so I downloaded the patch and went to bed.

I'll try it out after work today, and based on the experiences posted here I'm fairly hopeful. :)

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks for this, Brick. I downloaded your patch but haven't used it yet. I tried a reinstall of Lammania, but of course it still didn't work. It finished pretty late last night, so I downloaded the patch and went to bed.

I'll try it out after work today, and based on the experiences posted here I'm fairly hopeful. :)

According what I have been told by Tech support and various others is that this is the third party issue: Pando. So not only does it not download correctly, something within the core files is also corrupted. Now because this is a third party they cannot give any estimates on time to having this issue corrected. With that said, use any means necessary to be able to log into Lamannia as we need all the available eyes for feedback as possible.

brickwall
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
My work around is far more then a simple fix what is contained is the complete launcher/updater for DDO by all rights it should have no trouble patching it self completely. The launcher/update it self is small the game files are the large part of the client it will take a while to patch fully but it will. I have run several tests and in all instances it was able to be extracted to the desktop and run from the folder fully patched and I logged in to the game with out issue. turbine should offer a similar package that would install just the launcher and then download the game files from there it would stop a lot of problems from happening.

Blayster
04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't know how related this is to your issue, but on my linux side I'm having problems even to find AuthServer variable, so it won't even try to connect. I checked the files in .launcher but none of them contain <AuthServer>. Is it needed for Lammania or just for live DDO?

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
My work around is far more then a simple fix what is contained is the complete launcher/updater for DDO by all rights it should have no trouble patching it self completely. The launcher/update it self is small the game files are the large part of the client it will take a while to patch fully but it will. I have run several tests and in all instances it was able to be extracted to the desktop and run from the folder fully patched and I logged in to the game with out issue. turbine should offer a similar package that would install just the launcher and then download the game files from there it would stop a lot of problems from happening.

Sorry did not mean to make your work seem slightly insignificant. Those of us that have used it, definitely appreciate your work. Thousand apologies if we made it sound like a very small contribution.

brickwall
04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't know how related this is to your issue, but on my linux side I'm having problems even to find AuthServer variable, so it won't even try to connect. I checked the files in .launcher but none of them contain <AuthServer>. Is it needed for Lammania or just for live DDO?

In Linux you will need to use the pylotro package to replace the launcher and you will also need wine.

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM
you will also need wine.

Don't forget the chocolate, cheese and assorted fruits. Then again if you had those you probably with the lady instead of the computer.... could make for interesting evening though :D

brickwall
Sorry did not mean to make your work seem slightly insignificant. Those of us that have used it, definitely appreciate your work. Thousand apologies if we made it sound like a very small contribution.

I just wanted to explain a little more about what it is and how it works its a generic patch in that I know the launcher works and it is just the launcher with no game files included.

Blayster

Instructions:

Also, could you please post a non-exe version? The exe one does not work here, if you could provide a .rar version I could extract it myself. Thanks.

In Linux you will need to use the pylotro package to replace the launcher and you will also need wine.
The error I mentioned was being generated by pylotro itself. The launcher configuration files which I got are just invalid.

brickwall
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Don't forget the chocolate, cheese and assorted fruits. Then again if you had those you probably with the lady instead of the computer.... could make for interesting evening though :D

its not that kind of wine lol http://www.winehq.org/

brickwall
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Also, could you please post a non-exe version? The exe one does not work here, if you could provide a .rar version I could extract it myself. Thanks.

The error I mentioned was being generated by pylotro itself. The launcher configuration files which I got are just invalid.

assuming you have a rar extractor you simply right click extract the exe its a WinRAR sfx or rename it to .rar would work as well.

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
its not that kind of wine lol http://www.winehq.org/

Well sure if you want to kill the spirit you can just focus on the technical stuff. Bet my version would be a lot more fun in troubleshooting though :D

Blayster
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
assuming you have a rar extractor you simply right click extract the exe its a WinRAR sfx or rename it to .rar would work as well.
Okay, got it. I am going to try it but since this is lacking the .launcher folder I'm doubtful it would be of any help, since pylotro attemps to extract information from this folder and mine is currently lacking of needed information.

donblas
04-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Hmmmmmm tried again extracting to desktop, then copying to the DDO preview file.

Before I did so I tried to connect again but now getting "value cannot be null, parameter name: stream" - very odd.

Copied files and still getting this new message

brickwall
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Hmmmmmm tried again extracting to desktop, then copying to the DDO preview file.

Before I did so I tried to connect again but now getting "value cannot be null, parameter name: stream" - very odd.

Copied files and still getting this new message

lama is currently down for update when it comes back online you should be in business.

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM

That's because Lamannia is down for update.

donblas
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Aaaaaargh stupid newb that I am. I was caught up the whole "not being able to connect" problem that I didn't bother to remember that Lammamamma was being updated today.

Mea culpa.

Let's hope it'll work when it's back up.

brickwall
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Okay, got it. I am going to try it but since this is lacking the .launcher folder I'm doubtful it would be of any help, since pylotro attemps to extract information from this folder and mine is currently lacking of needed information.

I believe that pylotro creates that folder you mention from the files making useable files it can read.

Lerincho
04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Aaaaaargh stupid newb that I am. I was caught up the whole "not being able to connect" problem that I didn't bother to remember that Lammamamma was being updated today.

Mea culpa.

Let's hope it'll work when it's back up.

Just to warn you so you don't do anything else when you get it working later today... next Thursday about this time Lamannia will be down too, so no rash decisions on "oh no, not again."

Blayster
04-18-2013, 11:01 AM
I believe that pylotro creates that folder you mention from the files making useable files it can read.
Indeed, that is true. It is updating the client right now. Thanks.

Moonsickle
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
A simple "Lamannia Server is down for update" message on the Launcher could go a long way to help now and in the future...

instead of me [and probably a few others] being all @#%!ing &*(^ed off thinking that I had the same @#%!ing problem trying to log on to Lamannia again!!!

brickwall
04-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Indeed, that is true. It is updating the client right now. Thanks.
Your welcome I have a lot of experience with Linux as well as windows based Operating systems not as much as id like with mac but I will eventually remedy that its on my to do list sure I've used some macs but I need to get more in depth knowledge of its architecture ect. I have experience with over 7 program languages as well. There have been very few problems I have been confronted with that I was unable to remedy.

Cernunan
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Well with the current update to lam land, this issue has been resolved with my second system which had the issue. The client is updating atm.

donblas
04-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Thank you for your patience and skill Brickwall

Wulfsmate
07-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Still having same problem, can't connect to Lamannia server, get the error message: failed to queue for server (0x80004005). Sent launch log in via email as suggested in a different post on these forums, have not had a reply back to update me on the problem. Un-installed and then re-installed today, to no avail. Guess i'm not that lucky after all, but from what i'm reading, i'm not the only one.

Lerincho
07-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I've found a new fun way to not get connected to Lamannia. So I was on it, and computer needed a restart due to an update. I logged out of Lamannia and now when I try to log in, "No subscription for DDO found"

Now this is puzzling as I was just on it, AND I log into the regular client at the same time this error shows. So..... this beta testing was not serious, it was more just an exercise right, because all these issues have been beyond ridiculous. What do we want to bet we WILL see at least one of these issues at launch.

Drwaz99
07-30-2013, 02:23 PM
I've found a new fun way to not get connected to Lamannia. So I was on it, and computer needed a restart due to an update. I logged out of Lamannia and now when I try to log in, "No subscription for DDO found"

Now this is puzzling as I was just on it, AND I log into the regular client at the same time this error shows. So..... this beta testing was not serious, it was more just an exercise right, because all these issues have been beyond ridiculous. What do we want to bet we WILL see at least one of these issues at launch.

Same here. I had early access and have had no issues until just now. Pic:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Drwaz99/Untitled-1.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Drwaz99/media/Untitled-1.jpg.html)