PDA

View Full Version : Give us a way to install Lamannia without Pando

Lerincho
04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Pando Media Booster is causing too many issues. You want the enhancement system properly tested by us, give us multiple ways to download the client.

AZgreentea
04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Pando Media Booster is causing too many issues. You want the enhancement system properly tested by us, give us multiple ways to download the client.
Pando is the main reason I do not periodically reinstall the main client. Its actually a little more annoying than client based lag caused by data fragmentation.

Lerincho
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Anyone have a file share to at least trigger the launcher to work outside of Pando. Have tried every troubleshoot that they give, none of it work for the Pando Media Booster. Is there a reason they cannot put it on a file server for straight download? I hope it's a nice kick back Turbine gets for using faulty programming as a downloader. Then again I guess they did at least learn they cannot do it themselves after the Turbine Download Manager fiasco.

Adiurd
04-12-2013, 02:20 PM
/signed, for whatever it's worth. Trying to download the normal installer also (normal servers) and Pando is being killed instantly, no matter what I do. The longest it lastest was to download 137kb. I need my DDO fix this weekend!

Ryiah
04-12-2013, 02:25 PM
/signed

Switch to BitTorrent devs. It functions basically the same as Pando without the very obnoxious "We feel our users are too stupid to know how to properly control a download manager so we only have a pause and stop button" mentality.

Lerincho
04-12-2013, 02:27 PM
While I would hate it, I would settle for being able to download it through Steam

rest
04-12-2013, 03:07 PM
While I would hate it, I would settle for being able to download it through Steam

EDIT: I put that you can, but that may be only for the live client not Lamannia. Sorry :o

Lerincho
04-12-2013, 03:29 PM
EDIT: I put that you can, but that may be only for the live client not Lamannia. Sorry :o

It is indeed just Live, not Lamannia.

Missing_Minds
04-12-2013, 04:13 PM
/signed

Switch to BitTorrent devs. It functions basically the same as Pando without the very obnoxious "We feel our users are too stupid to know how to properly control a download manager so we only have a pause and stop button" mentality.
The problem with Torrent is updating the download because after every update or so, there is a different base download.

And face it, Users want a one button control operation, not a multi thought out process. This is not an aspect of stupidity as your statement is, but the aspect of being lazy.