PDA

View Full Version : FE enhancments

kingfisher
04-12-2013, 01:55 PM
what is the purpose of putting the FE enh in the deepwood tree? is it just so people will use the tree? how are the FE enh not a CORE ranger ability? like a tempest ranger is any less able to hurt its FE than a deepwood ranger. and most tempest rangers splash other classes at least, so stuffing the FE enh way down in the deepwood tree pretty much forces them into taking 2 ranger trees, if there are even enough points for that at all.

please explain why you are doing this.

redoubt
04-12-2013, 07:20 PM
My tempest 3 ranger on live takes FE attack and damage and does NOT take resistance or defense as they are wasted enhancements most of the time.

The current alpha arrangement is not acceptable.

Make all four FE enhancement show up no higher than tier 2 and in all 3 trees.

Free yourself from the "form" you are trying to cram everything into, its not working.

Give us more of a pyramid with lots and lots of tier 1 enhancements, paring down to a few tier 5 ones.

Synthetic
04-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Tempest gets a TWF damage line, which rangers didn't have before. I personally think it's better since it works against all targets as long as you're TWFighting.

Cheers

redoubt
04-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Tempest gets a TWF damage line, which rangers didn't have before. I personally think it's better since it works against all targets as long as you're TWFighting.

Cheers

Fair point. I'll have to think on that, though with 18 levels of ranger you have enough FEs to cover 90% of the critters in game, so we may be pretty close to a wash. Which is better than an outright nerf at least. (I was just hoping for some love and not just a headache.)

Ganolyn
04-12-2013, 07:44 PM
It seems they chose to split everything up and give a piece of pie to each one. DS gets FE buffs, AA gets practically an arsenal of things that make it irrellevant to carry anything but the most damaging bow you can find and Tempest gets more damage as long as TWF.

I'd still rather they find something else for DS and give FE buffs back to all of the PrE's.

Fecerak
04-13-2013, 04:52 AM
My solution would be to give DWS FE damage in tier 1 such that every ranger can grab it by spending 6 AP to get it, and then DWS instead gets another extra FE in the high tiers (they get 1 extra FE in tier 4 and 1 extra FE in tier 5)

eachna_gislin
04-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Give us more of a pyramid with lots and lots of tier 1 enhancements, paring down to a few tier 5 ones.

Very constructive suggestion.

Instead of a square, a triangle is a much better visual solution, and *might* still fit in the overall box shape with some re-working of the overall box template.