PDA

View Full Version : What has been done right?

Sqrlmonger
04-12-2013, 12:22 PM
There is already a lot of good discussion going on about what has been done wrong, and a LOT of it I agree with.

But before we, hopefully, send the devs scrambling to correct those issues, what have they got right so far with the new enhancements?

Point out any specific abilities or racial trees you are happy with, etc...

For me, I think I'm more or less OK with how the WF racial tree turned out. I would change some things but its not intolerable for me.

orakio
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
There is already a lot of good discussion going on about what has been done wrong, and a LOT of it I agree with.

But before we, hopefully, send the devs scrambling to correct those issues, what have they got right so far with the new enhancements?

For me, I think I'm more or less OK with how the WF racial tree turned out. I would change some things but its not intolerable for me.

For me, Battle Engineer was done right for Artificers. It makes sense thematically, gives nice options for melee or x-bow users, and isn't nearly as AP hungry as many of the other class Trees. Could maybe use little boosts or cost reductions here or there, but largely its in a great spot.

Core class abilities were done mostly right, but I could see getting rid of the left-> right requirement at least for racial core abilities.

Arcane Archer was done mostly right. This PrE went from very bland (slayer arrows and thats really it for endgame) to active and with a real unique character to it. More so than Battle Engineer it could use some look at overall AP costs, but the direction is great for this tree and feels in a much better place than live.

so far those are the most positive aspects I have seen.

Ganolyn
04-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Since I can't get on Lam to test, all I can do is look at the ability to use more than one PrE or at least parts of them, which I like. Now if they just made it semi affordable to do so...

DeafeningWhisper
04-12-2013, 12:41 PM

... I like the fonts?

EllisDee37
04-13-2013, 01:08 PM
I like how the move from "points spent" to "points spent in tree" kills multiclassing. Those impure halfbreeds were too uppity anyway.

I like how clerics are now officially hirelings. The nerve of people wanting to actually have fun playing a cleric; don't they know their place? Clerics allow other people to have fun!

I like how self-healing melees are going away. What would all the new PC hirelings be doing if the melees could heal themselves?

I like how Favored Enemy damage enhancements were essentially removed from rangers entirely by requiring 40 (FORTY!) points spent in a tree nobody wants. Those silly rangers got to enhance their CORE, SIGNATURE abilities for way too long now.

It's hard not to be bitter after transcribing so many trees for so many hours. The suck just piles up. Every single "20+ points spent in tree" is another knife in the back of character customization, previously the greatest strength and biggest selling point of DDO.