PDA

View Full Version : dragonmarks

Violith
04-12-2013, 08:24 AM
so now that there is dragonmark enhancements that act as the 2nd and 3rd dragonmark teir. are you going to keep the dragonmarks as feats as well?

probably would be best to keep them as feats as well for AP starved builds, I know that I probably wouldnt be able to take much if anything in the human tree on my artificer, and if the dragonmarks were forced to be AP only, I would probably not even bother with them since there isnt enough AP.

now if you would add 4 heroic AP per epic level, that would probably change. XD an extra 20 AP (32 once the level cap increases) would help out tremendously. and since some of the abilities (racial acting as class pre (such as elven AA) require to actually be higher lvl (think the AA capstone said lvl25 before ya could get it) it would make sense to allow us to gain AP for epic levels.

Darkrok
04-12-2013, 08:45 AM
From everyone's descriptions the dragonmark itself is still a feat - just the higher tiers are AP-based.

Flavilandile
04-12-2013, 08:48 AM
From everyone's descriptions the dragonmark itself is still a feat - just the higher tiers are AP-based.

You need the least Dragonmark feat, that's a single feat, all the rest is enhancement...
In the current live system you need to spend 3 feats to get the full line of dragonmarks.

Violith
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
yea, i was asking if they were going to keep the 2nd and 3rd feat (least/greater) for the AP starved builds. as with my artificer (who I TR'd and leveld back up in the dojo) I was still able to select the least and greater feats while leveling, so I didnt need to spend any AP to increase it.

Matuse
04-12-2013, 10:49 AM
The lesser and greater dragonmarks still exist as selectable feats if you want to go that route instead of enhancements.

This is the ONE thing that I really like about the new system.

JOTMON
04-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Now we need a feat to give us 20AP so we can have some AP to upgrade the Dragonmarks.

Missing_Minds
04-12-2013, 11:29 AM
My thought is that given the highly magical nature of dragon marks, Having such a mark should increase spell power or possibly spell crit chances. (we haven't seen spell critting fully fleshed out yet.)