PDA

View Full Version : Some FOT wizard vs trash questions

Peter_Principle
04-04-2013, 09:43 PM
What are good spells for a wizard to take to deal with the trash that shows up in FOT? I know I can FoD/Wail/CoD the air elementals. Can they also be banished/dismissed? Danced & Held?

What about the wraith- and spectre-looking monsters? Are they undead, and can they be affected by undead to death, halt undead, etc? Does sunburst affect them like undead?

mr420247
04-04-2013, 10:01 PM
On my soul n cleric

fire energy burst any but ice should work

Sheep_Stealer
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm by no means an expert but I used what you suggested. FoD/CoD/Wail(and pray it works) on the Air Elementals and Undeath to Undead on the wraiths. The cooldown on Undeath sucks but during cooldown I use AoEs (typically ball lighting in my case) to attract the wraith agro and kite them till Undeath is ready to go again. If you have an ED burst, that works as well. I haven't tried Halt Undead.

My caster is the bastard child of Epic GH, a palemaster, which probably is the worst class to bring into FoT. SLA's are useless, can't wear spell absorption gear to guard against the debuffs, and lots of undead. That said, I try to contribute as much as I can. I keep the melees hasted and raged and blurred (if requested), I carry Gust of Wind to clear any dancing balls, and I try clearing trash as well as I can. The last two runs I did I finished top of the kill count. Yes it was all trash. No, I don't think that makes me uber. It does however make me feel like I wasn't a complete piker....

Vellrad
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Shouldn't blizting melee charge his extra damage on trash?