PDA

View Full Version : Phiarlan Pendant of Time: It's time to change this...

Feralthyrtiaq
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
The "Tendon Slice" effect that afflicts our characters while activating this is just ridiculous.

It's ONLY usable in Public Zones for Lolthsakes!

It's a Favor Reward we had to work for so why the lonnnnnnngngngngngngngngngngngn cast time?

It really needs to be an inta-cast clicky like Jump or Shield.

Or add another House P Favor Reward level thats gives an "Improved Phiarlan Pendant of Time" that does behave like an inst-cast clicky instead of the (seemingly) ETERNALLY LONG cast time (that gets used up without the effect happening if your toon has to climb over a 3" tall landscape feature during casting).

Mizzaroo
04-04-2013, 12:14 PM
/signed in blood

Bogenbroom
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'd thought along the same lines... why even have an object... make it like the SF Blessing and just be a buff that is on you whenever you are in a public space.

madmaxhunter
04-04-2013, 12:21 PM
/signed, I hate it when I hitch while clicking it and lose the charge. Maybe insta will make that less common.

btolson
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Totally interested in seeing a QoL fix with this.

At a minimum, I would like it to be activated from inventory rather than required to be worn. Stop stealing my cunning trinket sp's!

Feralthyrtiaq
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
1) Finish Quest.
2) Finish Out.
3) Equip PoT
4) Run to Air Ship/Tavern and Equip Cunning Trinket or VPiS (for lower levels)
5) Buy drink from Tavern Keep
6) Beat down dummy while SP regen.

/sigh

It gets old. I mean we *do* have Dungeon Alert to "slow" us down right?

Ilindith
04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
They should just remove the item and make it a permanent buff that applies whenever you are in town.

Memnir
04-04-2013, 03:27 PM
They should just remove the item and make it a permanent buff that applies whenever you are in town.What I was going to say, pretty much to the letter.

/signed

cdbd3rd
04-04-2013, 03:29 PM
They should just remove the item and make it a permanent buff that applies whenever you are in town.

Have to go along with this idea since it's doable now.
Maybe when the Pendant was first introduced it was beyond the capability of the gamecode, but should be good to go now.

ZeebaNeighba
04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
They should just remove the item and make it a permanent buff that applies whenever you are in town.No thanks, I like how I can run around Korthos on a TR at +50% speed.

Soth13
04-04-2013, 03:47 PM
If they make a change to this, they should look at the entirety of house P and J favor rewards as the pendant is the best thing in both combined (who actually uses the 30 min buffs anymore?)

Jay203
04-04-2013, 03:50 PM

only if it persists through TR...

arminius
04-04-2013, 04:04 PM

Ay, there's the rub.

Ganolyn
04-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Make it a free feat available at level 1 to all TR's. Unswappable at Fred of course.

Sonos
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I'd thought along the same lines... why even have an object... make it like the SF Blessing and just be a buff that is on you whenever you are in a public space.

this.

It's an item, you chug it once a life, get another and put it in your TR bank.

t0r012
04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
If they make a change to this, they should look at the entirety of house P and J favor rewards as the pendant is the best thing in both combined (who actually uses the 30 min buffs anymore?)

Those of us without a high level guild?
Most times I just use my stack of potions from the 12 and don't bother running to J.
Yet the pots can be dispelled.

Qhualor
04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
The "Tendon Slice" effect that afflicts our characters while activating this is just ridiculous.

It's a Favor Reward we had to work for so why the lonnnnnnngngngngngngngngngngngn cast time?

Or add another House P Favor Reward level thats gives an "Improved Phiarlan Pendant of Time" that does behave like an inst-cast clicky instead of the (seemingly) ETERNALLY LONG cast time (that gets used up without the effect happening if your toon has to climb over a 3" tall landscape feature during casting).

it takes 4 seconds to cast it. I wouldn't call that a lonnnnnggggggggggngngngngn cast time. im not against a insta click, but its not like it takes very long to get anywhere in public places anyways.

Spoonwelder
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Bending time to your will should take some effort.

And if it's an granted effect they will do it like the SF favor and you will have to earn it each life - boo on that.

I always laugh when people get grumpy about losing 4 seconds of their life for the PoT but spend minutes beating down the dummy when for most melees that +2 to hit is useless....or 2-3 of the ship buffers that do absolutely nothing for your particular build.

Suck it up buttercup.

Spoonwelder
04-04-2013, 04:58 PM

I use em all the time - on new characters that don't have uber twink gear the +4s are nice - to get jump (for ice festival) or just for questing since it's better than a clicky or pot at low levels....the resists that my ship doesn't carry (sonic now, but used to be sonic and cold).....If I didn't get them meh no biggee but if I was near it and had two braincells to rub together I grab them.

CaptainSpacePony
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Not worth the zots imo.

blerkington
04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
No thanks, I like how I can run around Korthos on a TR at +50% speed.

Hi,

This. It's useful to have it in this form so your newly TR'd characters can use it before accumulating enough House P favour.

That being said, I could do without the weirdly long casting time. I don't really see the point of that at all.

Thanks.

Drekisen
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Would be nice if it was infinitely charged as well......LOL...I always stand still when I do mine because every other time I do it while run I trip over something and it botches it :p

At least if it was charged all the time no matter what I would have to worry about that as much :D

Archangel666
04-04-2013, 11:06 PM
At least if it was charged all the time no matter what I would have to worry about that as much :D

True, they'd probably bork it and it wouldn't apply unless you balanced on one leg juggling four chickens and sacrificing a Halfling when the Moon is in alignment with Jupiter.

It would get added to the list of stuff that needs to be looked at "some day" though, but we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

OP? Lets not ask Turbine to change something that actually works shall we? Best to just keep them well away.

Uska
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM

If it was that way you have to reearn it every life as an object you can use it as soon as you tr.

yes to the cast time idea though.

Soth13
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
The fact that the house p and j buff are getting used is good, but I think they should still be buffed/improved to be more in line with the other lasting buff options.

As far as the pendant of time, i think changing it to work like the silver flame improved regen would be great

Dagolar
04-05-2013, 08:52 PM

Pendant of Time needs to be a granted feat you can toggle on and off, and stop wasting inventory space. :P

danzig138
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
who actually uses the 30 min buffs anymore?I grab them anytime I'm questing in House P.