PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Caveman build- Horc Greatclub user, 1-20 only

Galeria
03-31-2013, 07:02 PM
So, I've decided I want to build a cavewoman. She will wear her starter rags (crafted) and pretty much use greatclubs all the time.

This is just a leveling-for-past-life build, and some melee class. I don't care if she's a barbarian or paladin or fighter or whatever.

Anyone got a good, somewhat viable recommendation?

Kilbar
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
So, I've decided I want to build a cavewoman. She will wear her starter rags (crafted) and pretty much use greatclubs all the time.

This is just a leveling-for-past-life build, and some melee class. I don't care if she's a barbarian or paladin or fighter or whatever.

Anyone got a good, somewhat viable recommendation?

Is a Melee class an absolute requirement? Because I can see her being a Druid easily. Just take great club proficiency and ignore your casting ability for the most part.

She has a pet wolf named Puppy and Puppy is her friend, see?

voodoogroves
03-31-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a great club wielding Bard right now. He's got a Scraag (and can epic it) and a Shining Devastation (which is kinda cheaty because it freaking rocks). I mean, he's also got a 3xPos maul, but the great club in town is fun.

Galeria
03-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Club wielding bard might be an option- I've got a Moonhowl Axe and a Mad Lute, so that makes a lot of sense.

Kind of changes my drooling, smash-everything cavewoman idea, but a singing cavewoman smashing things with a lute might be fun.

Kilbar
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Club wielding bard might be an option- I've got a Moonhowl Axe and a Mad Lute, so that makes a lot of sense.

Kind of changes my drooling, smash-everything cavewoman idea, but a singing cavewoman smashing things with a lute might be fun.

Tribal warchants. At the top of her lungs.

unbongwah
04-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I would definitely want at least a druid splash, for Ram's Might + Shillelagh. Bonesplitter (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bonesplitter_%28weapon%29) seems pretty nice if you can get it easily. My first thought is barb, but that can be tricky to mix w/caster.

fco-karatekid
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Since you're only going to 20, why not splash 2 mimic at 18?

Galeria
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Maybe the new Swashbuckler enhancement line will be a good time to test a bard/druid build. Thanks for your suggestions!

unbongwah
05-30-2014, 05:49 PM
SWF will only work if you decide to use regular clubs, not greatclubs; and Swashbuckler doesn't work w/clubs at all (not Finesseable) - could use light maces or hammers instead, though.

Galeria
05-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Ah. I haven't really researched it yet, so thanks.