PDA

View Full Version : Druid Reincarnate Spell and Eschew Materials

cybertail
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I was rather excited to hit 9 on my Druid, because that meant I could slot the Reincarnate resurrection spell (I run in a duo with a more experienced player, who I rely on to help with traps, and I supply the healz). However my excitement came to frustration when I realised said spell does not work with Eschew Materials. I rely on Eschew because I have an awful track record with picking up the material components of my spells, so I was wondering if this lack of Eschew support is an oversight or intended?

As an added note this spell requires the same mat comps as, say, Wall of Fire so I assumed since WoF supports Eschew that Reincarnate does too.

Charononus
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Didn't realize that but I'd like to give the advice to ditch eschew and to help track ing amounts what you can do is make a hot bar just for ings, put level 1 in spot 1 ext so that you can see them at a glance. Also if you put your ings in the first inv tab then if you happen to loot omni spell dust put that in the last inv tab. It will use the regular ings first and then use omni if you pull an oops in a quest.

silence383
03-26-2013, 01:31 AM
I use eschew on both my wizzies..I am not slotting it on hotbars and dont care to keep track of it. But there are "special" spells with special ingredients you do have to have to cast. On a wiz its things like stoneskin. You will get a select few spells that if you use them you will need special ingreds :(

cybertail
03-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes, some spells require special ingredients. Reincarnate requires Porcupine Quills, but so does Wall of Fire (for druids, at any rate). Why is WoF not considered a "special ingredient" spell if they both require the same component?

silence383
03-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Yea have not approached that point yet have a level 8 druid I am testing before reinning another toon into one. All I know is hearts of hens is for firewall. Ill have to look in game about this. Sometimes they are worded diff who knows anymore. I feel for ya but expect to have a few in your pack that eschew will not cover... lol

Esserbe
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Yea have not approached that point yet have a level 8 druid I am testing before reinning another toon into one. All I know is hearts of hens is for firewall. Ill have to look in game about this. Sometimes they are worded diff who knows anymore. I feel for ya but expect to have a few in your pack that eschew will not cover... lol

Hears of Hens is the level 4/firewall component for Arcane casters, Wizards and Sorcerers. Porcupine Quills is the level 5/firewall component for Druids.

OP: You'd be surprised at how long a stack of 1000 components can last, and how cheap it can be. Feats are not in high supply for Druids, and having eschew materials makes your character weaker. There are easy ways to keep track of the number of components you have, such as making a hotbar and turning it vertical and sticking it off to the side, put the components in there and you will always have a running tally.

psteen1
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Hears of Hens is the level 4/firewall component for Arcane casters, Wizards and Sorcerers. Porcupine Quills is the level 5/firewall component for Druids.

OP: You'd be surprised at how long a stack of 1000 components can last, and how cheap it can be. Feats are not in high supply for Druids, and having eschew materials makes your character weaker. There are easy ways to keep track of the number of components you have, such as making a hotbar and turning it vertical and sticking it off to the side, put the components in there and you will always have a running tally.

Buy 1000 of everything and it will last for weeks unless you play all day long. And the cost won't be over a few thousand plat. And you save a feat.

droid327
04-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah another voice to the "drop Eschew" argument. The feat slot is far too valuable to use it just for a convenience like not having to track your mats.

If its really a problem, then just buy like 3x1000 stacks of everything you need. You'll see when you run out of one stack and can resupply at your convenience, and even if you go through all 3 before you realize it, that'll only happen like once a month. The inventory space is less valuable than the feat slot, if you're going to give up something in the name of spell-spamming...

Especially if you're the healer for your friends, they're going to need you to eventually have metas like Quicken and Maximize/Empower/Empower Heal so your heals and rezzes actually work in combat without interruption, and can keep up with their increasing HP pool as you level up. You wont have enough feats to keep Eschew and still take everything else you need to be effective in your chosen role.

Merlin-ator
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Just buy 500 of each mat you need. It'll last awhile, just check your supply every 10 quests or so.