PDA

View Full Version : ADQ1 Question

Peter_Principle
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Read the plaques in the wrong order, you're sent to prison. If you then escape, does the plaques you've read reset? Or do you have to reread them from the beginning? Example: you've read 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in order, then you read 1 again instead of 6. Do you need to reread the whole sequence again? Or just read 6, and then the gate opens?

voodoogroves
03-24-2013, 04:59 PM
They don't reset.

Tip: If you want the most XP from the quest, folks will intentionally go in the wrong order so they can kill the optional.

DanteEnFuego
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Also, note which "sword" you are on in your quest objective box. Swords 1-6 then confront the Queen.

Peter_Principle
03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Also, can you do a heroic ADQ1 as a flag for epic ADQ2? Or do you have to do epic 1 to get into 2?

Thalone
03-24-2013, 11:10 PM
You can do any difficulty of ADQ1 to flag for ADQ2.

FYI, there is an old bug (to my knowledge, still active) where if you read the book once only, the order can be wrong. I always read the book twice and do the riddle from the second reading.

CheeseMilk
03-24-2013, 11:31 PM
You can do any difficulty of ADQ1 to flag for ADQ2.

FYI, there is an old bug (to my knowledge, still active) where if you read the book once only, the order can be wrong. I always read the book twice and do the riddle from the second reading.

Yup, Heroic to flag for Epic Raid is fine, as is Epic to do Heroic Raid.

As far as that bug goes, it seems to be fixed, as I only read the book once when doing the quest myself. I have (and this is subject to a disclaimer regarding rumours and hearsay) heard a rumour that another player reading the book after you resets the order as well, but again, just something I've heard but never experienced. If anyone can confirm or deny, that would be great.

Jingwei
03-25-2013, 01:08 AM
While torc farming, I've led, I'd guess, at least 30 ADQ1s. I've always read the book one time, then went on to do the puzzle. Don't know whether anyone read the book after I did, but didn't have any issues with the puzzle being different from what I expected.

Of course, I've never had and incidents of the infamous 'crash when entering the sands' bug either, so it's possible that they just like my name, or something...

silence383
03-25-2013, 01:17 AM
While torc farming, I've led, I'd guess, at least 30 ADQ1s. I've always read the book one time, then went on to do the puzzle. Don't know whether anyone read the book after I did, but didn't have any issues with the puzzle being different from what I expected.

Of course, I've never had and incidents of the infamous 'crash when entering the sands' bug either, so it's possible that they just like my name, or something...

Must be..It is known and have had the crash many times..80 runs of DQ1 and 2 on this life alone (and just one toon). Just be thankful you don't instance crash..But I am sure you will experience it elsewhere..necro...kings forest..etc..Have buttloads of torcs..demon bracers have eluded me for years :P

And yes I buy timers and solo it cause after this long and three lives It is just annoying now. Do not even ask me how much plat I spent on timers if you are so inclined to ask lol :)

But OP's question it will not reset and sometimes I have found it to be bugged cause I record in guild chat only to find the path I was told to be wrong. Just have to go back and read it again..do not know if that happens to others but it does to me once in a while.

EllisDee37
03-25-2013, 03:16 AM
In my ~80 ADQ1 runs over the past year/year and a half I've never encountered this bug. It's always given me the puzzle I expected, and many times multiple people read the book.

I do, however, regularly crash porting to the desert.

THOTHdha
03-25-2013, 08:28 AM

I have heard this rumor floating around before. I have never actually seen it happen, though.

I ~have~ had one party leader claim that we had encountered the bug, and that was why the path that he told us to split up and clear was actually the incorrect order. However, it turned out that was simply because he did not know that there are 4 possible orderings and it does not just always go "ACDEBF". It seems like there are many misunderstandings about the way that the book works, which is a situation that often leads to rumors spreading.