PDA

View Full Version : A few basic quetions about TR'ing and the benefits thereof.

Brendae
03-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm loving my first real toon who has made it to level 18. He's a jack-of-all-trades Arti and I love being able to trap, pitch in with repeater DPS, cast support and offensive spells.

Now that I have hit level 18 I'm starting to wonder whether I should TR him back to an arti and run some of the content I missed in this life.

I know nothing about TR'ing so I'm going to bug you with a bunch of questions. (I apologise if you've answered them a thousand times before.)

1. Will I still have elite access to quests I've unlocked in this life? (I'm a premium player with a bunch of packs.)
2. Will I lose my crafting levels? (I'm up to over 60 in all three schools of crafting.)
3. Are there any benefits to TR'ing to the same class and if so what are those benefits?
4. How will my toon be better in his second life except for the cool gear I've got kicking around my shared bank?
5. Will I keep my bags full of collectables and ingredients?
6. If I decide to run my epic content up until level 25 will I still be able to TR?

Uska
03-21-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm loving my first real toon who has made it to level 18. He's a jack-of-all-trades Arti and I love being able to trap, pitch in with repeater DPS, cast support and offensive spells.

Now that I have hit level 18 I'm starting to wonder whether I should TR him back to an arti and run some of the content I missed in this life.

I know nothing about TR'ing so I'm going to bug you with a bunch of questions. (I apologise if you've answered them a thousand times before.)

1. Will I still have elite access to quests I've unlocked in this life? (I'm a premium player with a bunch of packs.)
2. Will I lose my crafting levels? (I'm up to over 60 in all three schools of crafting.)
3. Are there any benefits to TR'ing to the same class and if so what are those benefits?
4. How will my toon be better in his second life except for the cool gear I've got kicking around my shared bank?
6. If I decide to run my epic content up until level 25 will I still be able to TR?

1. Your tr guy will be able to open quests on hard if you tr again he will be able to open elite on that third life and after
2. you keep your crafting levels
3. If you tr the same class again you get the passive tr effect upto 3 times for monks its +1 to damage, paladins its 5% healing amp arties get a bonus to int skills
4. you get 2 more points to make your stats nondrow get 34 pts drow get 30 do it once more and your get 36/32 more trs wont add to this part
5. you keep everything from bank and bp it goes to a special withdrawal only bank and you cant tr again until its empty
6. Yes you can go all the way to 25 if wish before you tr and it will remember your ED's when you hit 20 again after tring.

THOTHdha
03-21-2013, 07:06 AM
6. Yes you can go all the way to 25 if wish before you tr and it will remember your ED's when you hit 20 again after tring.

Just to elaborate on this point....

If you have already bought the Menace of the Underdark expansion pack I would very much recommend playing through it, possibly any other content that you own that has epic versions as well. Ideally, it would be good to test the waters on Epic Hard difficulty so that you get a feel for things and get some levels in Epic Destinies. And then try again with a group for some Epic Elite quests so that you will know what to expect, and next life you can plan for it from the start.

The second reason to run through some of these Epic quests is that you get a very large bonus from Bravery Bonus and from First Time on Hard and Elite. It is a very good idea to capitalize on these first time bonuses each life, seeing as there is a bit over 27 million XP needed if you want to max out all of your Epic Destinies. And as Uska pointed out, your progress will all be saved and waiting for you to pick it back up again as soon as you hit 20 once more.

And a third reason to run the Epic Quests before TRing would be that it is really nice to have all of your Commendation gear and other epic goodies just setting there waiting to be put on the moment you take level 20. ;)

gphysalis
03-21-2013, 07:14 AM
When you TR, you get a past life feat, that usually is most beneficial to characters of the corresponding class.

If you have epic destinies, I would recommend claiming a destiny (probably fatesinger) and running around in some of the epic content before TRing.

I would recommend against TRing until you have two characters lvl 20+

psykopeta
03-21-2013, 08:39 AM
i suggest u don't tr for the passive life feats, ED give u much more benefits(yes, PL and ED benefits stack)

remember next life you will need 3,4M xp (your first life need 1,9M xp), only will be able to open hard til you do the run on elite, then you'll be able to open in elite again, once you get 3rd and further lives you'll be able to open every quest on elite

if the only reason to tr is that you want to run some content you skipped... you'll regret probably, 2nd and further lives need you to farm some quests and bank xp, if not you can mess it nicely(because you may lack of some packs as an example)

check for some tr-lvling guides to make sure you have the packs you'll need (the gear isn't a must, simply is useful, not needed)

and if you think you're ready... remember you must get 20 tokens first to barter for a true druidic heart of wood(or but it in the ddostore, bad idea 1,295tp or so, waste of tp IMHO) so while you get the tokens, try to get first time streak on epic hard and epic normal in all the quests, that will give you the XP for 1 ED and half aprox (and may find some interesting gear too)

don't bother with epic elite yet, may frustrate you lol

fco-karatekid
03-21-2013, 08:55 AM

First, read this article (scroll down a page or so for True Reincarnation) - http://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation

Then - BEFORE you TR, read this one - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355152

The latter is a bit dated, but really hits everything you want to remember prior to TR'ing. You can pick and choose those things most important to you... frakkin phiarlan trinket, for example - I totally forgot this on my first TR and regretted it :D

Lonnbeimnech
03-21-2013, 09:24 AM

You keep your crafting levels BUT, as an arti you get feats that boost your crafting level, you lose these, unless you tr back to an arti and get back to the same level. The crafting levels you gained by actually making stuff, you keep.

Uska
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
i suggest u don't tr for the passive life feats, ED give u much more benefits(yes, PL and ED benefits stack)

remember next life you will need 3,4M xp (your first life need 1,9M xp), only will be able to open hard til you do the run on elite, then you'll be able to open in elite again, once you get 3rd and further lives you'll be able to open every quest on elite

if the only reason to tr is that you want to run some content you skipped... you'll regret probably, 2nd and further lives need you to farm some quests and bank xp, if not you can mess it nicely(because you may lack of some packs as an example)

check for some tr-lvling guides to make sure you have the packs you'll need (the gear isn't a must, simply is useful, not needed)

and if you think you're ready... remember you must get 20 tokens first to barter for a true druidic heart of wood(or but it in the ddostore, bad idea 1,295tp or so, waste of tp IMHO) so while you get the tokens, try to get first time streak on epic hard and epic normal in all the quests, that will give you the XP for 1 ED and half aprox (and may find some interesting gear too)

don't bother with epic elite yet, may frustrate you lol

Some people enjoy questing below epic lvls more than epic at least I do and people like me of course get more from TRing than we do ED's although a lot of the ED stuff is fun and awesome

Brendae
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Since this is my first run through the game content I think I will play through all the content I own up to level 25 and then reconsider reincarnating.

fco-karatekid
03-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Since this is my first run through the game content I think I will play through all the content I own up to level 25 and then reconsider reincarnating.

Once you decide what you're TR'ing INTO (i.e. arti again or something else), look at your ED's again...

It is much less painful to grind ED at 25 than when you hit 20 again (slightly different concept from the posts above).

I THOUGHT I was gonna TR my ranger into a druid (for passive past life feat) THEN into arty. I instead went ranger>arti and wound up about 20 miles from the ED I actually wanted to be in upon hitting 20 again.

Kawai
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Congratulations, good luck, and have fun. :)

Merlin-ator
03-21-2013, 02:45 PM

1. Sorta, yes. You will not be opening elite right off, but you can open hard and then elite. Not as much XP as leet streaking, but still far better than Normal.
2. Sorta yes. You will keep the crafting levels you've EARNED from crafting things, but you will lose the arty/dmark-granted levels, unless you TR into arty again.
3. You get past life feats, which usually help out if you're going back into the same class. The arty free PL feat is +2 to all INT-based skills (which includes Search/Disable)
4. You are better geared at-level, you get more stat points at level 1, your tomes are gradually applied, and have a lot more money to fill in the gearing gaps.
5. Yes. The bags will stay in the TR cache. To avoid losing stuff in Exclusive bags, take out your ingredient/gem/soul/collectable bags as your first action.
6. Yes. TR is for chars level 20-25.

ADVICE: Get another toon flagged for Shroud before you TR, and check the Great Big TR Checklist (somewhere on the forums). Even if you don't need more GS mats, someone on your server will pay a LOT of money for them.

psykopeta
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Some people enjoy questing below epic lvls more than epic at least I do and people like me of course get more from TRing than we do ED's although a lot of the ED stuff is fun and awesome

have 1 only toon, 4 or 5 mules

only tr, get 1 ed/life, get gear while lvling, in fact don't use to do as example 3 shrouds/life, im doing 1gs every 4 lives

i pointed that guy that PL doesn't worth really, only if you enjoy lvling and getting stuff/whatever without focusing on it

some players think that pl and completionist worth the effort, start tr'ing and leave the game because it's boring, they only want to pown everything, and then comes turbine with the nerf bat and bye to the "completionist project"

btw im gonna get 39 PL, dunno when im gonna finish, in fact i don't care if turbine blows up the game or i leave it before, the fun i had has no relation with number or shiny items, has relation with pugs and their ability to make smile!! xDD

Uska
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
have 1 only toon, 4 or 5 mules

only tr, get 1 ed/life, get gear while lvling, in fact don't use to do as example 3 shrouds/life, im doing 1gs every 4 lives

i pointed that guy that PL doesn't worth really, only if you enjoy lvling and getting stuff/whatever without focusing on it

some players think that pl and completionist worth the effort, start tr'ing and leave the game because it's boring, they only want to pown everything, and then comes turbine with the nerf bat and bye to the "completionist project"

btw im gonna get 39 PL, dunno when im gonna finish, in fact i don't care if turbine blows up the game or i leave it before, the fun i had has no relation with number or shiny items, has relation with pugs and their ability to make smile!! xDD

I tr my main cause I like playing her and it takes me forever to hit 20 again cause I dont like powerleveling her maybe someday I will hit completionist but I dont it I plan on it happening soon if ever. Trying for 39 lives myself of course before I get even halfway I will likely need 42 or 45 or even more since they will have added 1 or more classes by then. Yah I dont really care about the shiny's or whatever either I just play and have fun.

EllisDee37
03-23-2013, 03:52 AM
I would recommend against TRing until you have two characters lvl 20+This.

You want a level 20+ hanging around just to have while you're tring your lowbie.

As for tring itself, second life is way more fun than first life on a premium account thanks to being able to open quests on hard your first time. Plus, second life xp requirements aren't too bad at all. Only being able to open normal is like a nightmare. I'm also premium, with four primary alts. All four are on their second life, and in every case the second life was way more fun than the first. (Three of the four are capped at 25 with their primary destiny maxed and a couple nice twists as well.)

However, definitely run a bunch of epic content, even on epic normal is fine. Every little bit of destiny xp you get now is that much less you'll need after tr.

Kinerd
03-24-2013, 01:16 PM
You will be able to get through a second life without too much issue, even without access to every pack. Just keep in mind that this experience is in no way indicative of what the third+ lives will be like.

WargamerIV
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM

You will keep your crafting experience, but not your levels. As an artificer some of your crafting levels are based on your crafting experience and some on your artificer level and you will lose the latter levels when you TR.