PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Truth version 17.1 Complete Guide

Blue_wizards
03-20-2013, 08:34 PM
The Fall of Truth version 17.1 Complete Guide

Hi everyone and thanks for reading.

Patch 17.1 brought some major changes to the Fall of Truth raid making it a lot more fun and interesting by making the party pay a heavy price for making mistakes. Having to be on the ball and careful while reacting quickly and adapting is what I believe makes a raid great. I loved it in LoB and I now love it in FoT.

THE THREE BIG CHANGES:
1) When a dragon or giant is resurrected (due to failure of eliminating his partner giant or dragon respectively in the 10 second window) he will now return at 100% health. The only exception (thank goodness) is The Truthful One, he is resurrected at ~15% in such a case.

2) The undead versions of the 3 dragons will now spawn regardless of the order in which you kill the dragon/giant pairs and the "aegis of ages" aka the crystal.

3) The stormreaver now has a particularly nasty/cool/unique aoe attack that can easily wipe the whole or majority of the party in a short period of time (I will elaborate on this later on).

The most important part to success is the correct handling of the stormreaver once he gets a hat. However this is a complete guide, or so I hope, and thus I will refer to that part at the end.

GETTING READY:
The raid party will be subjected to many different attacks and must be prepared. Below I am listing gear and buffs that are very helpful for a successful completion:

Gear:
I believe that staying alive is done best when you eliminate that which would kill you asap so although there are many pieces of gear that would aid your survival I would recommend keeping your DPS and DC's as high as you can and only recommend 2-3 pieces of gear:

1) Spell absorption items (Pale Lavender Ioun Stone - PLIS, Jeweled cloak, Mantle of the world shaper). The PLIS should suffice for anyone except maybe the Stormreaver's tank and whether or not it is enough to just have the PLIS is determined by the group's DPS.

2) Ring of the Djin - Excellent for defense from the raids greatest threat (the reaver's special attack) has electrical resistance and absorption. This piece of gear can be replaced with a cannith crafted electrical absorption item and an item with electrical resistance or the ability to cast the spell.

3) Primal prefix - Further enhances your defense against all elements

Buffs:
GH, FoM, Blur, Element resistances, DW, Feather fall*.
In order to negate Hold monster, fear effects and to mitigate damage the first 3 are very important. Feather on the party is very helpful for a cleaner start of the fight (will elaborate later).

STARTING THE FIGHT:

You and your party are, literally, pitted against 3 pairs of giants + dragons. The dragon and giant of lies (White dragon and frost giant), the dragon and giant of confusion (blue dragon and cloud giant), as well as the dragon and giant of silence (black dragon + stone giant). You will be facing new threats as the raid progresses however this is what you will have to deal with at the start.

Ideally you'll want to have the dps focused on the same target and switch targets as you go along while having any other threats kited/tanked by players with self healing or damage avoidance ability.

The advantage of feather fall is the extra few seconds where the enemy is visible but cannot harm you. This time is best used by the designated kiters to range and get agro over their respective targets and for the dps party to close the distance to the first target.

Due to the fact that the giant of confusion (blue robed cloud giant) agro changes randomly and that the dragon of silence (black dragon) is always aggrod by the stormreaver I like to use the following kill order:
KILL ORDER: LIES -> CONFUSION -> SILENCE -> CRYSTAL.

The kill order should be determined prior to the actual engagement, all party members should have a firm grasp of what they are about to do, the leader must make sure of this by being as clear as possible and encouraging that question be asked. The party members should indeed ask if they are uncertain about anything.

KITING TANKING DUTIES:
Depending on the raid party toon resources kiting/tanking can be done with more or less redundancy however these rolls are imo must have.

1)Non current target kiter.
This person will be in charge of grabbing agro of whatever isn't the current party's target which isn't already occupied by the stormreaver (which is, for now, on our side). The easiest and safest way to kite these targets is to simply tag them and not inflict serious damage in order to allow the easy pealing off of targets by the dps party. That being said you can have a fury archer string all the targets with many shot or a shiradi caster blast indiscriminately with chain missile and meteor swarm if you have some people that are handy with intimidate. Shiradi casters should turn their double rainbow off at this time in order to avoid perma dots, these can easily do more harm then good as they are uncontrollable dps.

This roll can be divided into multiple people in order to reduce the chance of the kiter dying or having the party subjected to breath weapons debuffs along with the breath weapon that will press on that vulnerability (each dragon breath confers a vulnerability to a different element).

2)Truthful one kiter/tank
This person has to take control over The Truthful one ASAP once the first dragon/giant pair is felled.
Once agro is established get the boss away from the dps party and the other kiters.

FIGHTING THE DRAGONS/GIANTS.
The giants are spell casters. You will find yourself in the middle of a Dancing ball frequently if measures aren't taken. Anyone with the ability to use gust of wind or cyclonic blast should mind the dancing balls on the field and use their abilities to clear them. It's pretty easy and helps a lot especially to low will toons. In order to avoid the breath weapon whomever in the dps party has agro over the dragon should fight on his neck, not on his mouth. Fighting as close as possible to the dragons body will cause his breath weapon to overshoot you. This can help a lot and so the person in the DPS party that has the currently targeted dragon agro should do so.

The dragons breath weapon confers a vulnerability debuff to a certain element (different from dragon to dragon), getting hit with a vulnerability and then from a breath weapon of it's type could be devastating so would being hit by a breath weapon while turned to stone (black dragon) or freezed (white dragon). It is best to keep the dragons separated. Hitting the dragons will spawn trash, this cannot be avoided since you must kill the dragons however this should be controlled. Any toon with aoe dps should help in order to clear the trash. A toon with Master's Blitz* can do wonders.

*Since the stormreaver will be fighting the black dragon (unless someone agros the black dragon) he will cause a bunch of undead trash to spawn around him. This is a perfect place for a LD to charge his masters blitz however it comes at a risk of being away from your healers, near the breath weapon that can stone you, the potential to be overwhelmed and the possibility to agro the black dragon and add a new threat to the party. You can add a lot to the partys dps if you get your blitz going but you may also die or worse, act with caution.

TAKING OUT THE DRAGON/GIANT PAIRS:

This segment is for the general process. Once the first pair as well as when the second pair is eliminated the raid setting changes and this change will be addressed later on.

The giant of each pair is significantly weaker then his dragon counterpart with regard to damage and hp.
The dragon should be kited while the giant is being prepped. Once the giant is at 10% health have the person with agro over the giant stay on him while the rest of the dps party switches to the respective dragon. The idea behind this is to use the dps of the person with agro on the giant to prep the giant to a sliver and thus allowing the dps party to go all out on the dragon, while informing the person with the giant's agro when to drop him. There are many ways to coordinate the dragon + giant drop however this is the one I prefer.

FIRST DRAGON/GIANT PAIR IS DOWN:

At this point The Truthful one enters the frey. It is best that the dps party steers clear of the boss and only resume the dragon/giant pair eliminating once The Truthful one kiter/tank has him under control and at a safe place. Once The Truthful one is taken care of get back to business. Don't rush at this point, a well placed breath attack for him or badly placed for you can kill off party members instantly.

SECOND DRAGON/GIANT PAIR IS DOWN:

This point of the raid used to carry major significance, not any more. Destroying the crystal before or after the the last dragon pair does not effect the spectral dragons spawn (yes! you get to fight undead dragons!). Best to eliminate the third pair and then worry about the crystal since once the reaver gets a hat (dominated by The Truthful one once the crystal is destroyed) you want a neutral environment as possible. The random damage the crystal ray does isn't fun but not at all devastating.

THIRD DRAGON/GIANT PAIR IS DOWN:

The battlefield is minimized to your party The Truthful one the crystal and a soon to be very nasty stormreaver.
This is a great time to regroup, raise the fallen and rebuff. At this time you can also plan out your final battle positioning mostly according to the stormreavers location. Once your party is ready (rebuffed, briefed and reaver tank in position) go ahead and finish off the crystal.

FINAL BATTLE:

You will now face the stormreaver which up until now you didn't realize how fortunate you were to have him on your side this long. I will first elaborate on his special (amazing) attack and then the strategy to handle it.

3 - 2 - 1 - BOOM!

The reaver roars and inflicts, what I will call, the lightning virus onto an cone area in front of him. Anyone within this area will be infected and will have a message saying so flash across his screen and you will see a dark shroud surrounding you. This cannot be evaded or negated by any means, if you are there you will get it.

A count down starts 3-2-1 BOOM! this is your chance to get back to full health if you aren't there already and to put on a spell absorption item. What happens at the boom? glad you asked! You are hit by 5 effects:
1) Lightning strike - deals lightning damage however this can be evaded.
2) Electrical vulnerability debuff - Can be negated by spell absorption items
3) Reflex save debuff - Can also be negated by spell absorption items.
4) Virus leap*
5) Virus sustenance*

*my chosen names, will elaborate further down

Any toon can stand this punishment as long as they still have charges in their spell absorption items but once those are depleted you will get stacking ref save and electric vulnerabilities penalties making it harder to evade untill impossible (your reflex save can become negetive) and each hit will hurt a great deal. Only way to clear the debufs is either dying or not being hit by them again until a minute has passed, unfortunately the reaver can use this attack a good few times within a minute.

Still not impressed with the special attack and cannot understand how so many party members died from it so fast? Well I called it a it a lightning virus for a reason and it just keeps getting better! :)

VIRUS LEAP:
When the count down finishes and the "BOOM!" hits the virus will arc to any nearby allies acting like a chain lightning with infinite loops. Anyone within a rather large range of an infected party member will get the virus and have the 3-2-1-BOOM! countdown started (just as if you were hit with the stormreavers initial attack). So this is pretty bad right? It gets better! I mean worse...

VIRUS SUSTANANCE:
What could be worse then an attack that hits hard? An attack that hits hard and keeps hitting you repeatedly!
The virus will sustain itself as long as it can arc, meaning that as long as you are within range of another person the virus will arc again and will start the countdown again for another boom. This process can go on indefinitely, there is only one way to stop it from repeating this and that is by having all infected party members away from one another and away from any non infected party member. Of course a dead party member is no longer infected so that's a relief.

TO SUM UP THE STORMREAVER'S SPECIAL ATTACK LETS PUT IT LIKE THIS:

Start:
1) Stormreaver infects you with the lightning virus
2) You and any infected party members receive a countdown
3) BOOM! You are hit by lightning that can be evaded and ref save/elect vulnerability that can be absorbed
4) Virus checks if any party member is within range. If yes GO to 5 if no GO to 6
5) Virus arcs onto any party member within range of any infected party member. GO to 2
6) Virus dies out.

Sufficiently disturbed? Good! It is the special ability of a purple name in the highest level raid in the game so you should be!

Now that we understand what we are facing lets talk strategy:

END FIGHT STRATERGY STORMREAVER AND THE TRUTHFULL ONE:

As the other dragon/giant pairs the giant has far less hp then the dragon and his physical attacks pale in comparison. The stormreaver must be kept far away from the main group at all times! Well that is important enough to say again. The stormreaver must be kept far away from the main group at all times. Having to deal with the lightning virus is bad news and will kill off your party in a most amusing fashion! In order to have this distance it is best to position The Truthful one at 12 o'clock and the Stormreaver at 8. Why not 12 and 6? Good question that will be answered shortly.

The stormreaver is best tanked or kited within a small area and should also be DPS'ed by a ranged toon that is positioned away from the party (I'll explain why this is important in the next part of the fight). Whether or not the tank uses ranged as his main weapon he should carry a ranged weapon. Being close to the stormreaver will get you tossed in the air eventually and will reset the reavers agro. You will need to use ranged weapons to keep the reaver in check quickly b4 he gets to close to the party. The ranged toon must mind the tank and stop dps'ing when the tank is flung. This will assure that the tank regains agro and not the support.

The Truthful one is best tanked smack against the wall both to keep max distance between the dps party and the Stormreaver and to avoid his annoying fireballs that he tosses when he lifts off in the air (the fireballs will collide with the stone wall and won't reach the tank). Due to The Truthfull one's AI it is best for anyone but the tank to attack the dragon from the side and target his rib cage. All melle should attack from the same side so mass heals will get them all.

END FIGHT STORMREAVER, THE TRUTHFULL ONE AND THE SPECTRAL DRAGONS:

The spectral dragon will appear at a certain time that seems to be set rather then an hp mark on The Truthful one. These dragons are undead and are reasonably dangerous since they still have the elemental debuffs in their breath attacks. Good news is they die when The Truthful One and the Stormreaver die and so there is not need to kill them. They are best kited at 4 o'clock while the Stormreaver is at 8 and the Truthfull one is at 12 (or any phase to that positioning). The Kiter must kite in a rather small area in order to avoid being hit by the lightning virus or worse being hit by it and passing it to the dps party.

By the time the dps party preps The Truthful One, the Stormreavers tank and the ranged support should have the Stormreaver prepped as well. Kill off the Truthful one and then the Stormreaver. This is when where the ranged dps is important, both to get the Stormreaver down if he decides to kick off his tank at the drop time and if The Truthful one decides to fly off.

THE REAVERS LAST LAUGH:
So you completed! Grats! What else to do then run for the chests and grab your well earned loot?! Ho I know, of course! Run together with the rest of the party members to the same spot in the center... with the Stormreavers tank... all nice and close together... yup... BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! the lightning virus will have a field day but all is good the raid is done :) This is very amusing however you may choose to skip it and have the Stormreavers tank wait till the lightning virus dies before getting to the chests. To all my dear friends in Wanderlust, i'm sure you'll like this part :)

I Hope this guide aids you in your endeavourers and to all my fellow adventurers good luck and fortune!
Thank you for reading, any constructive criticism is more then welcomed :-)

My toons:

Goldmooon, Goodthings, Goodtings, Catalyster, Lichlordd, Blackart.
The Helpers Guild, Khyber.

drowrogue
03-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Great guide, +1 sir!

Dhakonus
03-20-2013, 09:37 PM
+1,excellent guide,i really hope that people read that before stepping into the raid.

Machination
03-21-2013, 12:01 AM
I can attest, this method works well. Gold did a great job on this as usual.

Cheezburgerz
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Very nice walk through.

Garvin
03-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Good job Gold on penning this guide.

badbob117
03-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Cool, Thanks for posting this. Will come in handy !

cave_diver
03-21-2013, 01:34 AM
+1 will try and use this my next run

eachna_gislin
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Thanks for a constructive guide explaining the specifics of the new changes, and possible ways to deal with them.

Dragon.Star
03-21-2013, 03:11 AM
+1 to you sir for a very nice guide that actually explains stuff for people.

khremlajn
03-21-2013, 04:04 AM
excellent explanation.
Already done it twice in more or less similar fashion.

However, I dont buy that this is the way to avoid bomb attack(or more precisely - debuff).

Look at abbot. U can ether jump into water(iceberg) or use lavender. Lets call 1st option the right one to do it.

I believe that there should be an option to avoid the boom. After our last run someone suggested, that lightning strikes from globes that we know from reavers fate. Shouldn't it be possible to hide from it under the roof at the edge of area?

blerkington
03-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Hi,

Very good of you to put this up, +1 and thanks.

Argila
03-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Thanks for posting this but you forgot the parts where the lag hits and you almost wipe! ;)

gerardIII
03-21-2013, 05:53 AM
Probably a great guide but some colors and bold font would make it better.

Atremus
03-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks so much for this guide. +1

Terebinthia
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for writing it all out :) much appreciated.

Infant
03-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Great guide!

I have a question, since I was assigned to the Stormreaver several times:

In order to have this distance it is best to position The Truthful one at 12 o'clock and the Stormreaver at 8. Why not 12 and 6? Good question that will be answered shortly.

Is there a way to kite the Stormreaver such that cone-shaped area of his lightning infection doesnt hit the party? From my experience, whenever I tried to kite him, at some points of time he was turned towards the party. And if he decided to cast his infection cone at this time, party members got infected. Therefore I had to stand in the corner and shield-block/dot him, which drains the absorbtion charges rather fast, since he tends to cast the bomb more often when tanked.

Thanks again for this excellent guide!

maddmatt70
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Blue several different points. First what difficulty are you talking about epic hard or epic elite there are differences for each difficulty? Here are some other various tidbits.
-Feather fall I actually don't like really that much on the initial drop down. It matters a little bit more on epic elite (i.e. I like to get on my targets quick on ee) but I prefer not having it.
-I still like the Lies set first, but whatever the order of the other two does not matter on the various difficulties. The big change is to kill all three sets before you take down the crystal.
-When prepping the three sets only take them down to 10%+ so you do not get in danger of killing them all off and them coming back to full health.
-The stormreaver when he drops now prior to the crystal comes back at full health. This means there is more flexibility on epic elite difficulty with prepping the sets. The truthful can fight the stormreaver longer before he drops. This gives the party more flexibilty with prepping sets on epic elite.
-The Stormreaver tactics: You can either tank the stormreaver or kite the stormreaver around the north pillars. It is much easier to tank the stormreaver on epic hard then it is to kite around the pillars. On epic elite I am not sure yet what are the thresholds so I can tell what is better yet, but have feeling tanking is better, but it requires a more particular build then epic hard.
-Tactics for kiting: You get aggro on the stormreaver and do a tight loop around the pillars in the North. Basically the stormreaver never faces you and therefore he never does his bomb attack in part and he wants to melee you instead of do his bomb attack in additoin. A healer healing the kiter on epic elite makes this much easier on the kiter.
-Tactics for tanking: Spell Absorbtion Items are not required to tank the reaver. Actually several builds can solo tank the stormreaver and self heal themselves without need of any outside healing on epic hard.

-You get aggro on the stormreaver and either tank the stormreaver up top on the north stairs or you tank the reaver at the base of the steps. The melee grab the truthful one and tank the truthful one in the south at the opposite location i.e. if the stormreaver tank has the stormreaver up top the melee have the Truthful one at the base of the steps and vice versa. The reason for this is the boom attack is a cone attack which will never hit the melee if the tank the truthful one in those locations - if the stormreaver tank has any issues the melee do not die.

-The best tank build has a means of getting and retaining aggro (archer, sword and board, monk that has very good defense) and has some sort of combination of following: improved evasion, energy sheath electric, electric absorbtion, unyielding sentenial shield block, high healing amp, high hit points, self healing such as cocoon or silver flame or lay on hands, spell absorbtion item, some physical resistance. Note: not all the above is required on epic hard.

-I managed to keep myself up with a non improved evasion tank, no electrical energy absorbtion, no spell absorbtion, 1k tank, (had unyielding block and energy sheath), using silver flame pots and lay on hands while the healer healing me got careless and died and then the rest of the fight, I lost aggro in teh last 15% of reaver health, but was able to get it back with intimidate and generally kept aggro whole time by just swinging and the archer not being too aggressive. A better character then mine would have even had an easier time of it.

-Of course you need to have the Stormreaver facing away from the group as much as possible. Also have a ranged character range some after the other character gets aggro and serve as back up as needed - this player should stay away from the rest of the group of course and range from the side.

-One hint I heard regarding spell absorbtion items is to switch them in when the ticks get greater so you do preserve charges, but not really necessary to have a spell absorbtion item.

-on Epic Elite I do not know thresholds. We have just used the kiting method, but still learning the raid and think possible to tank on epic elite as well - you just need more of the stuff I listed.

-Fighting the truthful one is no big deal on epic hard, but epic elite it is a big deal. There were two methods prior to this update for fighting the truthful one on ee. One is kiting the truthful one, but there is now less room to kite with the undead dragons spawning and the reavers boom attack so tanking maybe way to go of that I am not sure.
-Tanking the truthful and meleeing the truthful is complicated but some players have it figured out well. You do not want to get hit by the tail slap so you move then as a group and then re-engage. An evasion tank is best here either a monk with high physical resistance or an evasion pally. We eventually got into a nice rhythm on ee the other day, but it takes some practice I think for epic elite.
-The undead dragons can either be kited or killed. On epic hard I think the best thing probably to do is kill them because they do not have many hit points. You just take them slightly away from the truthful one and fight them in the position so the boom cone will not ever reach you.
- I am not sure how best to handle them on epic elite. Kiting in general requires more skill then killing so I tend to like to kill rather then kite unless there is a significant time saver to kite or it is very easy to kite something.

I have been trying to find people that want to do this raid on epic elite on Khyber. I tend to get 8 solid people and 4 questionable people which on epic elite is not a good thing, but have gotten both the reaver and truthful one down to 50% on the two attempts we tried so let me know if you are interested.

fangblackhawk
03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
while running this raid for the first time since the changes last night i as always had my trusty pale lavender ioun stone equiped and it worked great till it broke (with 22 charges left) i then died over and over..... my suggestion is to have the (atleast) EH jeweled cloak as a back up handy......

maddmatt70
03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
while running this raid for the first time since the changes last night i as always had my trusty pale lavender ioun stone equiped and it worked great till it broke (with 22 charges left) i then died over and over..... my suggestion is to have the (atleast) EH jeweled cloak as a back up handy......

You do not need these and in fact it is best never to become dependent on any particular item. Turbine will eventually nerf items like these.

fangblackhawk
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
also of note, the epic ring of elemental essence farmed by scroll seal shard from the house p carny chain is another 5 elemental resist that stacks with every thing already mentioned in this thread

tigerlilli
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
+1 great job :) thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Vengeance777
03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Fantastic writeup.

Shadowaras
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
very good guide .. :)

pjstechie
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Great guide!

Is there a way to kite the Stormreaver such that cone-shaped area of his lightning infection doesnt hit the party? From my experience, whenever I tried to kite him, at some points of time he was turned towards the party. And if he decided to cast his infection cone at this time, party members got infected. Therefore I had to stand in the corner and shield-block/dot him, which drains the absorbtion charges rather fast, since he tends to cast the bomb more often when tanked.

It's a line attack, not a cone. I had the bolt of lightning wiz past me a few times last night without getting zapped. The line can go the length of the room though so its best to keep the reaver facing away from everyone else (like at a wall).

Leatherneck
03-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Nicely written Goodthings. Thanks for the advice filled guide.

Zoogar
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
The Fall of Truth version 17.1 Complete Guide

Hi everyone and thanks for reading.

Patch 17.1 brought some major changes to the Fall of Truth raid making it a lot more fun and interesting by making the party pay a heavy price for making mistakes. Having to be on the ball and careful while reacting quickly and adapting is what I believe makes a raid great. I loved it in LoB and I now love it in FoT.

I am guess you and I have different opinions of what makes a raid fun! First I like to thank you for posting this great walkthrough for the raid, it is very interesting as you had stated.

Personally most of my characters are Favored Soul and Clerics, and I will not run certain raids do to the fact I don’t generally run with a pack of uber players. I am a casual player who plays the game to have fun and chat with my friends, I have also been a VIP for a few years and with the changes in the game I am serious considering leaving the game and I believe I am not the only one in this camp.

I hate the way World of Warcraft conducts its raids and I am not sure why but DDO is starting to feel like I am playing WoW! Anyway I hope you enjoy playing WoW err DDO and all it raids, but I think I will pass!

Blue_wizards
03-23-2013, 06:13 AM
excellent explanation.
Already done it twice in more or less similar fashion.

However, I dont buy that this is the way to avoid bomb attack(or more precisely - debuff).

Look at abbot. U can ether jump into water(iceberg) or use lavender. Lets call 1st option the right one to do it.

I believe that there should be an option to avoid the boom. After our last run someone suggested, that lightning strikes from globes that we know from reavers fate. Shouldn't it be possible to hide from it under the roof at the edge of area?

Hi and thank you for you comment.
Abbot, another raid I like a great deal, does indeed have several methods to deal with inferno however I do not believe this is not the case for FoT.

Hugging the walls did not seem to shelter one from the lightning strike portion of the Stormreaver special attack. Furthermore the Stormreaver's initial attack as well as the virus jump occurrs latterly so shelter above your head would be useless.

edit for build
Hi all,

Being conceived at Update 26 this build has been needing an update for some time. Lets recap in a few notes what has changed in the last 5 updates to effect the Gold Shiradi:
1) Global spell power increase and spell points discount for Epic levels.
2) Level Cap increase and new feats (Greater Ruin, Arcane Pulse, Wellspring of Power, Master of Knowledge).
3) Extreme increase in negative spell power potential.
4) Extreme increase in negative energy amplification availability.
5) Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier as well as many other newer pieces of gear.
6) Heavy armor PRR nerf.

Points 3,4,5 and 6 convince us that "What is dead may never die" therefore our race of choice will be HUMAN* and we shall enter battle in undead form.
The new gear options really increase the cost of using the epic 3 piece abishai set, even though caster level importance for Chain Missile has been expressed it is a less appealing though still conceivable trade off.

* Any race will work however Human has the most advantages:
- Extra feat and 4 skill points at level 1, 1 more skill point per level.
- Ability to use a Long Sword LGS weapon and get implement spell power bonus via "Articles of Faith" enhancement in the AoV Enhancement Tree.
- Human Versatility spell power boost

I will elaborate upon two class splits:
A) The original 9 Sorcerer/ 7 Wizard/ 4 FvS split.
B) The new 10 Sorcerecr/ 6 Wizard/ 4 FvS split - Credits to Eth for putting up a very good write up for this Variation

Do not give up on your CM SLA by going 5 wizard, opening a fight with 2 consecutive CM makes a big difference in DPS for the rest of the fight as well as being able to cast the spell more often.
The CM SLA can be have full Meta Magic with no extra cost.

The Core principles of the build remain:
Heavy duty shiradi nuker, the Gold Shiradi combines top notch AoE and Single target DPS with solid defenses, self healing, spell point efficiency and utility spells. Special focus is given for decimation of large packs of mobs in record time.

Mobs and boss decimating DPS:
For annihilating groups of mobs use AoE spells by chaining spells in a manner that complements their respective cool down thereby fully utilizing sorcerer casting speed.
Multi target spell rotation: ARCANE BLAST, SLA Chain Missile, Chain Missile, Hell Ball, Fire Ball/Acid Blast, ARCANE BOLT, Sonic Blast**

For single target dps another chain of spells is used in order to do the same thing.
Single target spell rotation:SLA Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Force Missile*, Scorching Ray, Frost Lance, ARCANE BOLT

* Force Missile isn't available for the 10/6/4 variation which I will further elaborate upon later.
** Sonic Blast is a cheap AoE filler spell, it has fast cast time and cool down which makes it ideal to fill in gaps in which the rest of the AoE spells are on cooldown (Sonic Blast can cause shiradi procs on multiple targets).

:Shiradi Advice for AoE and Single Target:
1) Do not use the same spell chain all the time!!!

2) USE the different spell chains for their specific situations, it will greatly increase your dps, spell point efficiency and general effectiveness

3) Whenever there are two mobs or more in CM range from each other (about the diameter of a fire ball) you want to use AoE spells and cast them on the target that is least on your kill priority. This is due to the nature of CM cast by shiradi, your off targets sustain much more damage than your main target since they take many more hits and therefore procs. Furthermore your off target damage is most of the time greater than your single target damage so using AoE is a win win situation when you have 2 or more enemies within range of one another.

4) When facing melle and ranged mobs that have distance between them drag the melle mobs to CM range of the ranged mobs and target the melle mobs, this will cause the CM AoE damage to hit and take out quickly the ranged mobs.

5) Master of knowledge is your friend, Arcane blast is much more important than Arcane Bolt, always start your spell casting with Arcane Blast and keep casting it whenever it is off cool down. Try to land it within a cluster of mobs in order to get multiple stacks.

6) Two button mash cast for sorc shiradi is FALSE! You can fit in more than two spells on your rotation. Cast single target spells long enough and you'll reach all 6 spells. Evidence for this can be seen in my videos.

Buiild Statistics :
Human 9/7/4 (Sorc/Wiz/FVS)

Starting Stats :

8 STR
9 DEX**
18 CON
18 INT -> all level up points into int*
8 WIS
11 CHA

*You can put level up points in Con however for some more spell power, reflex save and higher DC on Hell Ball and Energy burst go Int.
** You need 13 dex in order to take Mobile Spellcasting and therefore need a +4 dex tome to be able to take the feat at level 15 or 18.
End stats (+7 tomes used however not required) buffed by: yugo pots, supreme pot, ship buffs

24 STR : 8 base + 7 tome + 2 ship + 2 supreme pot + 1 globe +2 Zombie +2 rage
21 DEX : 9 base + 7 tome + 2 ship + 2 supreme pot + 1 globe
62 CON : 18 base + 7 tome + 2 ship +15 item + 2 supreme + 2 yugo + 1 globe + 7
insightful + 4 Quality +2 Zombie +2 rage
62 INT : 18 base + 7 level up + 7 tome + 2 ship + 14 item + 2 supreme + 2 yugo + 1 globe + 2 insightful + 3 enhancement -2 zombie +2 festive +4 quality
24 WIS : 8 base + 7 tome + 2 ship + 2 supreme + 1 globe + 4 quality
34 CHA : 11 base + 7 tome + 2 ship + 8 item + 2 supreme + 1 globe + 7 insightful -4 zombie

In Vampire form:
CON:60
INT: 64
CHA:40

Feats :
Heroic feats (7 base + 1 human + 2 wizard = 10):
Maximize
Extend
Mental toughness
Improved mental toughness
Insightful reflexes
Quicken
Combat Casting
Mobile Spellcasting
Empower
Enlarge/Toughness/Completionist/Past live wizard

Epic feats:
Wellspring of power
Master of Knowledge
Ruin
Greater Ruin

Epic Destiny feats:
Spellpower Force
Hellball
Arcane Pulse

Legendary Feat:
Scion of the plane of fire

Jumping hampers your spell spam (can't cast when lifting up).
Not jumping decreases your movement speed considerably while spell spamming.
With Mobile Spellcasting you can afford to not jump while kiting and still spam spells away (unless there is lag), it's a great tool.

Action Point Allocation :

Archmage: 36
Angel of Vengeance: 32
Pale Master: 11
Human: 1

http://i.imgur.com/BQ2kdta.jpg

Epic Past Lives :

The build benefits from Energy Criticals mostly and does nicely with Colors of the queen, skill mastery and Sun Elf (Light SP). Those feats are highly advisable but not make or break.

Twists of Fate :

Energy burst (tier 4)
Empyrean Magic (tier 3)
Interrogation (tier 1)
Unearthly reactions (tier 1)
Primal Scream/Radiant Power/Endless faith/odd stat (tier 1)

Level Progression :

Heroic feats (7 base + 1 human + 2 wizard = 10):
Maximize
Extend
Mental toughness
Improved mental toughness
Insightful reflexes
Quicken
Combat Casting
Mobile Spellcasting
Empower
Enlarge/Toughness/Completionist/Past live wizard

Epic feats:
Wellspring of power
Master of Knowledge
Ruin
Greater Ruin

Epic Destiny feats:
Spellpower Force
Hellball
Arcane Pulse

Legendary Feat:
Scion of the plane of fire

1) Sorcerer Max, Empower (human bonus)
2) Sorcerer
3) Sorcerer Extend
4) Sorcerer
5) Sorcerer
6) Sorcerer Insightful Reflexes
7) Sorcerer
8) Sorcerer
9) Sorcerer Quicken
10) Sorcerer
11) Wizard Mental Toughness (wizard bonus)
12) Wizard Combat Casting
13) Wizard
14) Wizard
15) Wizard Enlarge, Improved Mental Toughness (wizard bonus)
16) Wizard
17) Favored Soul
18) Favored Soul Mobile Spellcasting
19) Favored Soul
20) Favored Soul
21) Wellspring of Power
24) Master of Knowledge
26) Hellball
27) Ruin
28) Epic Force Spell Power
29) Arcane Pulse
30) Greater Ruin, Scion of the Plane of Fire

Gear :
Goggles: +15 int, +3 Insightful evocation
Helm: EE Blue dragon helm +3 exceptional int (slotted with Draconic Sould Gem, Heavy fortification)
Necklace: Epic Noxious Embers (slotted with Good Luck+2, insightful Con +2)
Trinket: Heroic Litany (Would like an Epic one if I get a +7 con or int tome)
Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak (Slotted with Deathblock)
Belt: Epic Cord of Reprisals (Slotted with GFL 40, Repair +13)
Ring 1: Epic Sage ring (Slotted with +250 sp)/ Epic Ring of Unknown Origins (Slotted with +250 sp, Golem heart)/
Gloves: Epic Charged Gauntlets (Slotted with +8 Con)
Boots: Orchish Privateers's Boots (Slotted with Imperial Blood)
Ring 2: Lantern Ring (Slotted with Resistance 8, Vitality 20)
Bracers: Scorched Bracers (Slotted with Spell Agility +15)
Armor: Flawless Blue Dragonscale Docent (Slotted with +15 Balance)/ TF Docent with Shadow Guardian (Slotted with +15 Balance, Golem Heart)

Weapons:

TF Kama - 150 Impulse/ Purple Slot/ 22% Kinetic Lore (Slotted with +15 Diplomacy, Corrosion 138, Resonance 138)
Upgraded Libram of Silver Magic (Slotted with Meridian Fragment)

So far it seems that, like Mr Miagi said, best defense - don't be there, not in the Stormreaver's line of attack and not within range of anyone that has the virus

Blue_wizards
03-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Great guide!

Hi and thank you for your comment.
Like others have answered this question it is possible to play hide and seek with the Stormreaver from side to side of a pillar in order to minimize contact and bomb attacks. One could also put on his spell absorption item on to avoid getting anymore debuffs within a minute once he is hit too much (same as for avoiding drow mistresses third stack of divine punishment). This can be done in order to stretch your defence for a longer period of time.

Regarding keeping your party members out of harms way, if any party member is beating the Stormreaver's back they will get the virus as it arcs off the tank. In order to avoid having any party across the map from getting hit by the Stormreaver's attack it is best to have him face the wall and/or minimize the time he is facing the arena. If the tank has imp evasion, elect absorption and resistance then just standing fast with your back against the wall will do the trick (being flung by the stormreaver won't have much of an effect). If you need to avoid the hits then practice kiting the stormreaver from side to side of a pillar. Ideally the tank + ranged support should be able to prep the stormreaver and not just keep him in in check.

khremlajn
03-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi and thank you for you comment.
Abbot, another raid I like a great deal, does indeed have several methods to deal with inferno however I do not believe this is not the case for FoT.

Hugging the walls did not seem to shelter one from the lightning strike portion of the Stormreaver special attack. Furthermore the Stormreaver's initial attack as well as the virus jump occurrs latterly so shelter above your head would be useless.

So far it seems that, like Mr Miagi said, best defense - don't be there, not in the Stormreaver's line of attack and not within range of anyone that has the virus

Did a bit of thinking and few tests with guildie... and there is a better way.
Observation: curse spread on the line of sight. If u put any obstacle between u and cursed person, u wont be affected.
So this is how to use it:
Stormreaver tank hug one of the pillars. Now it is similar to lob: every other melee is on reaver back and watch tank carefully. Once he get the curse, just do few steps to the left/right and hide behind pillar. That way curse wont be spread. Not only party lavenders wont be depleted quick, but also the only person in raid that actually need spell absorption is a tank.

Blue_wizards
03-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Did a bit of thinking and few tests with guildie... and there is a better way.
Observation: curse spread on the line of sight. If u put any obstacle between u and cursed person, u wont be affected.
So this is how to use it:
Stormreaver tank hug one of the pillars. Now it is similar to lob: every other melee is on reaver back and watch tank carefully. Once he get the curse, just do few steps to the left/right and hide behind pillar. That way curse wont be spread. Not only party lavenders wont be depleted quick, but also the only person in raid that actually need spell absorption is a tank.

Your idea is valid and would work in theory however it has great risk. Suffice that one party is late to get out of LOS and that person will act as a 3 second delay bomb for the rest of the party. Additionally should the reaver toss the tank and reset his agro he will be within 0 distance to a cluster of party members. I prefer to avoid risks and only take calculated ones when either I must or that the pay off for success out weighs the price of a mess up in a considerable way. Since the truthfully one requires a lot more work to prep then the reaver I don't see any point to have more then a tank + ranged support work the reaver.

khremlajn
03-24-2013, 07:30 AM
tank wont loose agro. He will have wall at his backs, so reaver can only toss him a lil up.

As for 1 party member beeing late... well.. thats when spell absorption comes in handy ;) also late party member can hide as he will be the only one with curse. There r many possibilities. Also i dont find it as disadvantage... hard raid so ppl need to stay focus. I think that it gives more time to hide than during lob stun.

The reason i like this way is it doesnt deny melees in this raid. So often i c lfms like: ranged only. For me its to admit that either we miss strategy, or our strategy is not so good...

Blue_wizards
03-24-2013, 09:04 AM
tank wont loose agro. He will have wall at his backs, so reaver can only toss him a lil up.

As for 1 party member beeing late... well.. thats when spell absorption comes in handy ;) also late party member can hide as he will be the only one with curse. There r many possibilities. Also i dont find it as disadvantage... hard raid so ppl need to stay focus. I think that it gives more time to hide than during lob stun.

The reason i like this way is it doesnt deny melees in this raid. So often i c lfms like: ranged only. For me its to admit that either we miss strategy, or our strategy is not so good...

As I said it is a valid idea however I feel it carries unnecessary risks. There is no escaping the fact that ranged toons shine in this raid and there is nothing wrong with it either. There is plenty of room for melle even though it takes more skill to max out a melle's contribution for the dps on the dragons and especially the truthful one. Murphy is right, "if something can go wrong it will go wrong" or in the adaptation a friend used for ddo, "If there is a way to die a pug will find it" :)

Hendrik
03-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Good guide OP, but you missed one vital thing on the Electrical Debuff;

How to avoid it totally and without ANY gear what so ever.

You ready? I'm going to give you a hint on how to do it and it is so easy, everyone in game can do it....

Ready?

Here it is;

Shift.

:eek:

Blue_wizards
03-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Good guide OP, but you missed one vital thing on the Electrical Debuff;

How to avoid it totally and without ANY gear what so ever.

You ready? I'm going to give you a hint on how to do it and it is so easy, everyone in game can do it....

Ready?

Here it is;

Shift.

:eek:

Pretty sure I saw tanks in US ed continuously shield block in order to get the elemental absorption working and still get the debuffs. Thanks for the tip, I will test active blocking myself when back in game. Will be away for a few days though.

Hendrik
03-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Pretty sure I saw tanks in US ed continuously shield block in order to get the elemental absorption working and still get the debuffs. Thanks for the tip, I will test active blocking myself when back in game. Will be away for a few days though.

It does work. The hardest part about actively blocking the Breath of Lies, is visually seeing the trigger for the attack - VERY easy to miss with all that is going on. Active block is something I also wish to test out on some of the other special attacks done in the Raid.

Shield blocking prevents special attacks. This was on my list of things to test back on the 19th, finally got around to it.

Hope to do more extensive work with it tonight.

moops
03-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Excellent Guide.

We did this yesterday on EH with 6 guildies and 6 pugs, using most of this strategy, only one death...both clerics finished with over 1000 sp. My cleric killed trash with her sp and maybe thru a couple mass cures.

Our Reaver tank was a WF Wiz, whom I don't think I saw ever drop in health, and he pretty much had the Reaver Prepped all by himself.

In fact, I use less resources on this raid so far than on the old version, as people play smarter:)

Blue_wizards
03-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Excellent Guide.

We did this yesterday on EH with 6 guildies and 6 pugs, using most of this strategy, only one death...both clerics finished with over 1000 sp. My cleric killed trash with her sp and maybe thru a couple mass cures.

Our Reaver tank was a WF Wiz, whom I don't think I saw ever drop in health, and he pretty much had the Reaver Prepped all by himself.

In fact, I use less resources on this raid so far than on the old version, as people play smarter:)

I'm glad to hear that!
Writing the guide I was hoping to get more people to understand the raid and thus enjoy running it more.
Good job on a near flawless run, I hope the loot was good as well, too often smooth runs are rewarded with skunked chests.

Bergie
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Heya,

Small point, but valid I feel, as I (bow head in shame) cost us a hard run..Shiradi Sorc here..

Somehow ended up tanking Stormreaver...popped him a few magic missiles as us Shiradi's do...oops...the fire proc from shiradi is like a dot...and it does not stop, even if you die...it was ticking for 500+ and yes, killed Stormreaver...I felt like a noob, but seriously did not know some shiradi procs are indefinite even if you die, and hit for quite a bit...

Cheers...

Kantx
03-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Heya,

Small point, but valid I feel, as I (bow head in shame) cost us a hard run..Shiradi Sorc here..

Somehow ended up tanking Stormreaver...popped him a few magic missiles as us Shiradi's do...oops...the fire proc from shiradi is like a dot...and it does not stop, even if you die...it was ticking for 500+ and yes, killed Stormreaver...I felt like a noob, but seriously did not know some shiradi procs are indefinite even if you die, and hit for quite a bit...

Cheers...

If you turn off the double rainbow stance, you won't proc the permadots.
On my shiradi sorc I tend to toggle it on and off multiple times depending on what I'm shooting and if it's ready to die or needs to stay prepped.

Kant
Thelanis

CaptainPurge
04-01-2013, 12:01 AM
How does intimidate affect the dracolich? I was tanking him and a couple people yelled out to use intim, well that character isn't intim-built and was relying on hate. Can't seem intim to be very viable even if he's not immune to it since it would be rather easy to draw in other stuff running around.

teh_meh
04-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Was tanking the SR this evening and SOMETHING sapped my PLIS from 45 charges to nothing instantly. I have heard others talk about this but it's the first time I've experienced it directly.

There was no trash around me. I could not see any other party member in the vicinity, but not 100% certain. The Truthful One was on the far, opposite side of the chamber.

I ended up dying and a the back up tank stepped in. Same thing happened to him.

EH run btw.

khremlajn
04-05-2013, 03:53 AM
same happened to our main tank.

As I had good view: just before charges were drained Ive seen sunburst on him(tank). Only two of us on reaver, nothing that could proc this effect so it suprised me.

It was EH too.

teh_meh
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
same happened to our main tank.

As I had good view: just before charges were drained Ive seen sunburst on him(tank). Only two of us on reaver, nothing that could proc this effect so it suprised me.

It was EH too.

Thanks for confirming your separate incident Trix.

While I appreciate all the hard work that went into this guide, until we figure out exactly what is happening here, there's a huge hole in this guide. Any insight is appreciated.

Robai
04-09-2013, 04:23 AM
A great guide, but I strongly disagree with one thing:
- kiting Undead dragons all the time
(at least, in pugs)

I mean, a kiter should get 2 Dragons at first and the dps party should kill 1 (those dragons has LOW hp and die fast, and they don't respawn), then kill other two one by one.

This tactics is so much easier, especially in pugs, because:
- when kiter dies (which I've seen happening quite often when he is kiting all 3 Dragons) party gets additional problems from those 3 dragons
- If Stormreaver tank dies (which also happens) then there is high chance that kiter will get 1-2-3-boom, which is again, an additional problem
- When Truthful or Stormreaver are not killed at the same time (which is not rare in pugs, because the time is quite short) then you have to prep them again (without 3 dragons, it would be easier, less resources, etc.)
- the kiter of 3 dragons is a waste of dps (i.e. if they are killed quickly then he could use his dps on Truthful or Stormreaver), especially when there are more kiters (yes, it happens quite often when the kiter has 2, and other random kiter has 1)
- if lag hits (we know that "there is no lag ...") and those 3 dragons are still alive then it's an additional problem

Blue_wizards
04-14-2013, 04:00 AM
How does intimidate affect the dracolich? I was tanking him and a couple people yelled out to use intim, well that character isn't intim-built and was relying on hate. Can't seem intim to be very viable even if he's not immune to it since it would be rather easy to draw in other stuff running around.

Intim works fine on him. Regarding dc it isn't high on EH, was making the check even on a roll of 1 on my barb. my mod (not including his size) was around 48 (23 ranks + 15 item + 4 gh + 6 cha item) so i'd say 49 is no fail.

Regarding effectiveness, you have to keep in mind TTF (The Truthful One) has a verity of attacks and even when you have agro he will still be kinda slow to follow. If you are trying to drag him to the wall and party members are still dps'ing him then you might lose agro (unless you are ranging him and inflicting good damage compared to the 2nd hardest hitter).

You could atract trash with you intim but this shouldn't happen unless he just spawned adds. If you do have trash on you that is best dealt withby insta kills/ranged party members/you if you can afford switching to the trash on you without losing agro.

All in all, intim works fine and isn't hard to succeed at so go for it.

Blue_wizards
04-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks for confirming your separate incident Trix.

While I appreciate all the hard work that went into this guide, until we figure out exactly what is happening here, there's a huge hole in this guide. Any insight is appreciated.

I haven't encountered this myself, it doesn't sound reasonable either.
Keep in mind the SR does have other spells he can cast on you that drain charges from your PLIS. Namely Sunburst that alone will drain 8 charges. I suggest checking your combat log when such a thing happens, If it ever happens to me I will be sure to check mine and advise.

Blue_wizards
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
A great guide, but I strongly disagree with one thing:
- kiting Undead dragons all the time
(at least, in pugs)

I mean, a kiter should get 2 Dragons at first and the dps party should kill 1 (those dragons has LOW hp and die fast, and they don't respawn), then kill other two one by one.

This tactics is so much easier, especially in pugs, because:
- when kiter dies (which I've seen happening quite often when he is kiting all 3 Dragons) party gets additional problems from those 3 dragons
- If Stormreaver tank dies (which also happens) then there is high chance that kiter will get 1-2-3-boom, which is again, an additional problem
- When Truthful or Stormreaver are not killed at the same time (which is not rare in pugs, because the time is quite short) then you have to prep them again (without 3 dragons, it would be easier, less resources, etc.)
- the kiter of 3 dragons is a waste of dps (i.e. if they are killed quickly then he could use his dps on Truthful or Stormreaver), especially when there are more kiters (yes, it happens quite often when the kiter has 2, and other random kiter has 1)
- if lag hits (we know that "there is no lag ...") and those 3 dragons are still alive then it's an additional problem

Thank you for your comment however I do not agree with it nor the points you made to reason it. In essence the longer a raid takes the more time there is for things to go wrong, resources to be spent and lag to hit. I do not believe the level of skill/gear in the raid party nor the difficulty in which the raid is done should reflect the method used. The strategy I suggest is the same for all cases (excluding tank requirements).

Imo a party that can take down the 3 undead dragons without losses or additional resources spent can surely kite the 3 dragons until the raid has ended successfully.

Regarding dragon kiter death: No issue here, just have a back up kiter assigned to pick off the instant the main kiter goes down. Set this roll well before the dragons appear and just remind the backup kiter should he need to act. The dragons can easily be tagged for initial agro and aren't particularly fast especially since they frequently pause for special attacks that have rather short range (trip, breath weapon).

Regarding SR tank death: This issue has been addressed. A ranged toon (doesn't even have to be a ranged specialist) is positioned away from the party and dragon kiter in order to take immediate control over the SR should the tank die or lose agro (due to SR toss). No extra trouble here.

Regarding TTF and SF don't die at the same time: This can happen regardless of kiting the dragons, in the case of a dragon kiter it just means the dragons are kited longer, should you choose to kill the dragons it means having the SR and TTF being tanked longer (which requires much more resources then the alternative).

Regarding waste of dps due to kiting: Well flat out no here. Killing the dragons isn't required to complete the raid and whatever you gain by disposing of them is lost and then some in the process of killing them. Whatever DPS you put in to kill the dragons is a net loss of dps. Unless your kiter can contribute more or less the entire health of the 3 dragons put together in the form of damage to TTF or the SR then you aren't gaining any dps by disposing of the undead dragons. Lets say the dragons have 150k hp then your kiter will have to lay down 450k damage in order to "pay back" the party for eliminating his need to kite the dragons. That's roughly Elite Horoth hp. That sum is also assuming your kiter doesn't contribute at all to dps during his kiting. Should the kiter be a caster/ranged toon he can still dps TTF while kiting surely not to his full capability but every Arrow/thrown weapon/Meteor swarm/enlarged spell counts.

legendkilleroll
04-14-2013, 07:15 AM
I play a pure fighter, most of my runs i tank the truthful one, try and get him as close to wall as possible so when he flies up his fireballs are blocked, some questions though :)

1.I dont know if its just me losing aggro or when he does the spin attack it takes him away from the wall?, then his fireballs hit me when he flies up and with people beating on him cant always get him back to the wall.

2.I have energy sheath elec and djinn ring, once his breath of lies hit me really hard, would it be worth making a cold absorb item? i could shield block while in sentinal to absorb, im guessing the sentinal ability stacks with the items?

Thanks for any answers and great job on the guide :)

Jeremiah179
04-14-2013, 05:03 PM
I tank storm reaver every time I run this quest... almost always EH.

I also had all of my PLAV charges zapped in one instant... around 30 or more left when it happened. This was one time in over 20 runs...

I do not know the details...but comparing to most of my runs... I only end up using about 25 charges the whole fight.

I have seen a lot of poor kiting of the dragons. I have seen them break off and interfere with the reaver tank (me!!) and trash and become a mess.

I don't mind when they decide to kill undead dragons right away. It seems to run cleaner...just my personal experience. Perhaps it is just that in Pug groups, you do not always have a skilled kiter for this job who can stay alive without support doing it - while also staying away from Reaver and Truth group and not spawning a bunch of trash...

It would be my opinion. Storm Reaver Tank, CHECK. Truth Tank, CHECK. Dragon Kiter, CHECK? If no one states they can do it no problem, have done it before etc. I would strongly support killing the undead for the win...

~Goldmooon
05-07-2013, 05:35 AM
I play a pure fighter, most of my runs i tank the truthful one, try and get him as close to wall as possible so when he flies up his fireballs are blocked, some questions though :)

1.I dont know if its just me losing aggro or when he does the spin attack it takes him away from the wall?, then his fireballs hit me when he flies up and with people beating on him cant always get him back to the wall.

2.I have energy sheath elec and djinn ring, once his breath of lies hit me really hard, would it be worth making a cold absorb item? i could shield block while in sentinal to absorb, im guessing the sentinal ability stacks with the items?

Thanks for any answers and great job on the guide :)

Hi there,

The TO will not turn his back on you as long as you maintain agro. It can be difficult to drag him to the wall and keeping agro with a melle toon if your party is ancy and starts damaging him before you got him in position and getting your hate up.

To make your point clear, lay off the truthfull one till I get him in position, remember that caps lock is your friend! Combine caps lock with a good dose of enter-> up key-> enter (will repeat you last messege in party chat) and your messege will come out clear enough for most pugs. For courtesy add a none caps lock "plz" after the repeated messages and a "thank you" once your request has been answered.

Regarding extra elemental abosrption items. Wouldn't bother, not for tanking the truthfull one. His AI dictates that he sticks to melle once you are toe to toe with him. He uses his breath weapon mainly when there is some distance between him and his target.

~Goldmooon
05-07-2013, 05:43 AM
I tank storm reaver every time I run this quest... almost always EH.

I also had all of my PLAV charges zapped in one instant... around 30 or more left when it happened. This was one time in over 20 runs...

I do not know the details...but comparing to most of my runs... I only end up using about 25 charges the whole fight.

I have seen a lot of poor kiting of the dragons. I have seen them break off and interfere with the reaver tank (me!!) and trash and become a mess.

I don't mind when they decide to kill undead dragons right away. It seems to run cleaner...just my personal experience. Perhaps it is just that in Pug groups, you do not always have a skilled kiter for this job who can stay alive without support doing it - while also staying away from Reaver and Truth group and not spawning a bunch of trash...

It would be my opinion. Storm Reaver Tank, CHECK. Truth Tank, CHECK. Dragon Kiter, CHECK? If no one states they can do it no problem, have done it before etc. I would strongly support killing the undead for the win...

IMO it is easier to kite then to kill. There isn't much skill required to run in circles. If something unpredictable happens and the kiter goes down well just have a backup.

It used to be hard to get someone to take Anna in CiTW. Not that there is much to it, people were just wary of taking a role that was important to the raid without doing it before. Any class can do the kiting. Some better then others (ranged, self healing, sprint boost, evasion, high reflex save are a + but not required).

Tuberculozis
07-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Oh, how I wish I had seen this guide sooner.

I run a PM Wizard, lvl 25. His Necro DCs are 53 and Enchant DCs are 47 (+1 to those if I have a Yugo pot). If I had to rate his gear I'd say it's about 8/10...so I probably won't be joining any EEs. I have had no freaking clue what I'm doing in FoTs I've joined so far. The guide answered many questions, but I still have a few:

1. Boom! How far away do I need to be from party members to prevent the boom from spreading? I was in a FoT this morning and got boomed, but since I had learned from being yelled at in a previous FoT, I now knew that I had to get away from all the blue dots on the map. I did so, but I think someone died anyway. Or maybe it wasn't because of me because I wasn't NEAR near anyone and things were starting to fall apart anyway. But I still wonder: how far away do I have to be so that nobody else gets my boom germs?

2. Wizard jobs: what is a PM Wizard supposed to be doing in FoT anyway? I know I need to be helping with trash, but when I do that (Finger, Wail, Undeath to Death, disint/polar) I usually out of SP by the time the last Dragon/Giant pair is down. Are there more effective ways to be a garbageman?

3. How come some Air Elementals have DW and some don't? And is there a way to find out before I waste my SP trying to instakill the ones that do have DW?

4. Crystal smackdown: speaking of saving SP, what's a good swap weapon for shooting the crystal? Because casting things at it just doesn't seem efficient. Also, what's the DR type on the crystal?

5. I'm specced for Cold and Acid, with one point in force. I have no useful SLAs for this raid. What I usually do when TO is down and everything is under control is cast Black Dragon Bolt as much as I can. This is more of an opinion question: is just using BDB considered enough? Like will people generally think I'm doing my share of the work? What if I pull out a ranged weapon once I'm out of SP?

6. Kiting the undead dragons: ...has resulted in a faceplant within 20 seconds every time. I either get one-shotted by (something?) or get stunned by (something?) and then killed slowly. It's like they're trying to rub it in. How do I stop failing at this?

Any info about these points will be appreciated!