PDA

View Full Version : Necropolis questions

stefferweffer
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
My 8 cleric was grouping with my guildie's 10 Sorc last night and we decided to go to Necropolis 1, which he had never done. We did them on Elite, since they are only level 5 quests. The traps were a pain, but other than that it was OK.

When we did all the "Heart" quests and got the rewards, Loremistress whatever was lit up for me, to do Bloody Crypt. But she was not lit up for him. He was very frustrated because we couldn't figure out for sure what he did wrong, or if the game was glitching on him.

But I do have a theory (only a theory though). The only difference between us is that apparently after each quest, when he got his reward, he asked the quest giver for the quest a second time. I did not, because I frankly didn't enjoy the quests that much and can't see myself doing them again.

Anyway, is it the fact that he asked for the quests a second time that messed him up for "Bloody Crypt"? If so, how were we to know that? He says that, as a practice, he ALWAYS asks for every quest a second time. I generally only do this if I enjoyed the quest.

Please advise, especially if there is a way for him to do Bloody Crypt without repeating all 4 "Heart" Dungeons.

Thanks.

Daemoneyes
03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
As you already figured, you should not retake the quests.
If you accept them again you have to rerun them.
Only when you have finished all 4 pre quests you get the 5th.

You both can still run the Bloody Crypt, but only you can open it.
He then simply joins in and "red boxes" it, which means running a quest without having the quest active. (not 100% sure if you can redbox crypt, never done that but should work)
He will not get quest reward but he will be able to upgrade his Silver Flame Trinket on the Altar in the Bloody Crypt.
You both should get the trinket and upgrade it, first upgrade isnt worth much but second upgrade from the necro 2 chain makes it Deathblock necklace with absorb 5 negative lvl.

Alternative you can ignore first chain and just upgrade the trinket in the higher necro chains.
You can upgrade it each run only once, so you would have to run necro2 crypt 2 times to upgrade the trinket to lvl2.
Necro3 makes it Deathblock, absorb 10 neg lvl. minlvl9, excellent item.

Necro2 Crypt quest is often window farmed, means all but one recall the one stays inside till one outside opened the quest entry window, then he recalls also and the group can reenter the quest because it will reset after all left without having to re run all 4 pre quests.

FranOhmsford
03-16-2013, 11:05 AM
As you already figured, you should not retake the quests.
If you accept them again you have to rerun them.
Only when you have finished all 4 pre quests you get the 5th.

You both can still run the Bloody Crypt, but only you can open it.
He then simply joins in and "red boxes" it, which means running a quest without having the quest active. (not 100% sure if you can redbox crypt, never done that but should work)
He will not get quest reward but he will be able to upgrade his Silver Flame Trinket on the Altar in the Bloody Crypt.
You both should get the trinket and upgrade it, first upgrade isnt worth much but second upgrade from the necro 2 chain makes it Deathblock necklace with absorb 5 negative lvl.

Alternative you can ignore first chain and just upgrade the trinket in the higher necro chains.
You can upgrade it each run only once, so you would have to run necro2 crypt 2 times to upgrade the trinket to lvl2.
Necro3 makes it Deathblock, absorb 10 neg lvl. minlvl9, excellent item.

Necro2 Crypt quest is often window farmed, means all but one recall the one stays inside till one outside opened the quest entry window, then he recalls also and the group can reenter the quest because it will reset after all left without having to re run all 4 pre quests.

Bloody Crypt CAN be Window Farmed/Red-Boxed just like Shadow and Cursed.

The End rewards in Necro are Trash!

You run these quests for the Scarab Turn Ins and the Necklace NOT for the Trash End Rewards!

P.S. The Silver Flame Amulet/Pendant is Far Far more useful to EVERY Character than the Emerald Claw one!

As you've noticed - The Necro 1 quests have flagging issues if you retake the flags - It's a good idea to NOT re-take any flags in there UNTIL you've done the End Quest!
Threnal also has certain Flagging issues btw - Just so you know before hand!

Qhualor
03-16-2013, 11:07 AM
try dropping the quests. it may work. I don't know.

Daemoneyes
03-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Bloody Crypt CAN be Window Farmed/Red-Boxed just like Shadow and Cursed.

The End rewards in Necro are Trash!

You run these quests for the Scarab Turn Ins and the Necklace NOT for the Trash End Rewards!

gtk

And well, while now the endrewards may be trash the high chance for large guildslots made them worth getting before u17 :)

FranOhmsford
03-16-2013, 11:44 AM
gtk

And well, while now the endrewards may be trash the high chance for large guildslots made them worth getting before u17 :)

Was this a verified high chance?

Because I certainly never noticed a difference between Necropolis and any other Quest in-game in this regard.

Even if this was true - We no longer have Guild Slots dropping at all in-game! {D@rn that Horse has gone again!}.

FranOhmsford
03-16-2013, 11:45 AM
try dropping the quests. it may work. I don't know.

Doesn't work!

Just re-run 4 flagging Tombs on Casual {shouldn't take longer than 5 mins per quest - 2 mins for Immortal, 8-10 for Crimson if bad rune lay out}.

Daemoneyes
03-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Was this a verified high chance?

Because I certainly never noticed a difference between Necropolis and any other Quest in-game in this regard.

Even if this was true - We no longer have Guild Slots dropping at all in-game! {D@rn that Horse has gone again!}.

Verified by a dev? no.
but got most of my Large slot items there, may be coincidence to :)

Yeah, now we have stinky augments :(

FranOhmsford
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Verified by a dev? no.
but got most of my Large slot items there, may be coincidence to :)

Yeah, now we have stinky augments :(

Devs verify this sort of thing?
NEVER!?

I thought at least though that you could link a forum thread where people had talked about Necro 1 & 2 Dropping oodles of Large Guild Slot Items in their End Reward Lists?

As for Augments - They're not as bad as some people are making out!

Take a look at the Nightforge Gear in Relic of a Sovereign Past {F2P and easy to farm!}
And tell me Adding Deathblock to The Hvy Fort Necklace wouldn't be your cup of tea!
Tell me that you wouldn't want to wear a Wis 4 / Will Save 5 Helmet with a Fear Immunity Augment for as long as possible!

Or go to Xorian Cypher and take a look at the New Reaver's Ring! {This has Hvy Fort already slotted! No need to find/buy the Topaz!}.

Or go to Sorrowdusk and take a look at the end-rewards - The Scavenged Warplate is now worth wearing till Lvl 14 at least!

You want to talk about Epics?
How about the Utility Vest?
Blue Augment Slot so again easily slottable Heavy Fort!

The Devs have said that they're not finished with Augment slots either - Maybe we'll end up with a half done system {again} BUT let's give them the chance to prove our fears unfounded eh?

Oh and Devs - Please Consider bringing back Guild Augment Slots - Call em Black Augment Slots and allow them to slot ANY existing Augment {min lvl required of course}!

Daemoneyes
03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Devs verify this sort of thing?
NEVER!?

I thought at least though that you could link a forum thread where people had talked about Necro 1 & 2 Dropping oodles of Large Guild Slot Items in their End Reward Lists?

Dunno if Devs here verify droprate, i know from other games that they do but never saw % here.
No thread i know of, but as said roughly 70% of my large slots are from Necro rewards.

As for Augments - They're not as bad as some people are making out!

I give you that they are nice for named items even with the minlvl increase and they are useful for highlvl items. But they are useless for Crafting, the minlvl increase kills them for crafting and there is nothing useful to craft for endlvl except for beaters and %absorb item.

Take a look at the Nightforge Gear in Relic of a Sovereign Past {F2P and easy to farm!}
And tell me Adding Deathblock to The Hvy Fort Necklace wouldn't be your cup of tea!
Tell me that you wouldn't want to wear a Wis 4 / Will Save 5 Helmet with a Fear Immunity Augment for as long as possible!

Or go to Xorian Cypher and take a look at the New Reaver's Ring! {This has Hvy Fort already slotted! No need to find/buy the Topaz!}.

Or go to Sorrowdusk and take a look at the end-rewards - The Scavenged Warplate is now worth wearing till Lvl 14 at least!
Well and that is my problem with them, there is nothing useful till highlvl other then Deathblock and Fortification to slot.
Also HP & SP do not stack, so i still go with Guildslot items because they offer more power without an minlvl increase.

You want to talk about Epics?
How about the Utility Vest?
Blue Augment Slot so again easily slottable Heavy Fort!
Epics didnt change much other then that you now cannot find (greater/Lesser) Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying with Large slot which is for Fleshie caster still a great item, probably better then anything else you can find.

The Devs have said that they're not finished with Augment slots either - Maybe we'll end up with a half done system {again} BUT let's give them the chance to prove our fears unfounded eh?

Honestly with the Collect Trade in debacle i lost any rest of faith i had in them, doing something like that against the will of the majority of players leaves me speechless and to top it they didnt even bring a single argument.

Oh and Devs - Please Consider bringing back Guild Augment Slots - Call em Black Augment Slots and allow them to slot ANY existing Augment {min lvl required of course}!

For the Augments to be useful for me (other then weapons 10+ and equip 20+) it would take to remove the minlvl increase from crafting and bring guild Augments that are only restricted by guildlvl and dont give absolute minlvl.
Anything else wont make me give up my hoarded Large/Med. Slots.

Named items that have now slots where nice before, the added slot is not what makes me use them. Sure it doesnt hurt but it came with a cost of +2minlvl

PS
didnt check out the new trade ins from relic but got now a whirlwind, nice lowbie weapon for my WF melee

FranOhmsford
03-16-2013, 01:06 PM
For the Augments to be useful for me (other then weapons 10+ and equip 20+) it would take to remove the minlvl increase from crafting and bring guild Augments that are only restricted by guildlvl and dont give absolute minlvl.
Anything else wont make me give up my hoarded Large/Med. Slots.

Named items that have now slots where nice before, the added slot is not what makes me use them. Sure it doesnt hurt but it came with a cost of +2minlvl

PS
didnt check out the new trade ins from relic but got now a whirlwind, nice lowbie weapon for my WF melee

The Crafting thing is BAD I'll give you - I disjuncted a Ring with a Yellow Slot just yesterday only to find that I couldn't put a Wis 5 Augment on it for my Lvl 10 Cleric as that Slot took up 1 of the plusses {even before slotting anything in it!}.

BUT Cannith Crafting itself needs serious work - This is one of those Half-Done Systems I was talking about btw!

I'll say again - For the Guild Augment thing - I'd like to see a Black Augment Slot...
This would allow ANY currently available augment incl. Guild Augments {These would still depend on Size of Guild}.
For the Min Lvl requirements of Coloured Augments the Black Slot would allow Min Lvl 4 Augments at Lvl 1, Min Lvl 8 at Lvl 4 and So on!
It would also have Zero Min Lvl Boost or Penalty applied to Cannith Crafting {though this should be done for ALL Coloured Augment Slots anyway as soon as Possible!}.

EllisDee37
03-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Bloody Crypt CAN be Window Farmed/Red-Boxed just like Shadow and Cursed.Necro3 (cursed) doesn't have the same flagging issues as necro1 & 2. Once you're flagged for Cursed Crypt, you can simply re-acquire it from the quest giver after each completion. No flagging quests necessary.

Of course, I can see how people might want to skip necro3 flagging completely. heh. In that case, yep, Cursed can be redboxed without issue.