PDA

View Full Version : Fort, will and reflex save

Eilierie
03-12-2013, 09:57 AM
If there is another thread on this then my google-fu rolled a 1 :)

How do you increase these saves (I've read people having them in the high 50s :eek:) I know about resistance items but that's all I've ever seen.

Is this one of those rare things where you can stack bonuses ? Can someone break it down or link me please ?

Also, where do you slot this stuff ? For example my bracers and goggles slot are spoken for along with Outfits.

Thanks.

Sarzor
03-12-2013, 10:00 AM
One of the major ways is to splash 2 paladin, as your charisma bonus gets added to your saves. There are a number of other feats as well as certain classes get bonuses others do not.

bartosy
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
from the top of my head..

greater heroism + 4 saves

good luck +1 and +2 1 or 2 to all saves

halfling choose of stacking saves

exceptional saves

pump your save stat will con or dex

haste

recitation

and lots lots more.

psykopeta
03-12-2013, 10:12 AM
true neutral got extra saves from 1 suffix, don't remember which
pally splash
morale bonus (hero/gh/other buff i don't remember)
luck bonus, craftable
ed- don't remember which, there are some that increase 1 save, and there's another that increases all

and the most important thing: only monks and pallis have the same base for each save so the rest of ppl saying "all in high 50's" w/o breakdown is more like:
fort 57
reflex 42
will 42
suposing a 12-6-6 base or
suposing a 6-12-6 base or
suposing a 6-6-12 base

yes, all maxed the con and dumped wis and dex, quite common in the min/max troup if they aren't fvs,clr, monk or druid (sometimes they hit some dex to qualify for gtwf, nothing more, for reflex saves they use to take insightful reflexes)

check the builds' part and you'll see a more accurate way to hit the saves you're looking for

Eilierie
03-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Cool, will take me a bit to absorb what ya'll are saying, I just brought the build I'm working on BTT - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405204 - so I guess in a round about way I was looking for some benchmarks for my level also, about to splash the Pally levels but my CHA sucks....

At around level 6 or so I was getting nailed on traps, at lvl 9 I seem to be able to Improve Evasion them ok 90% of time. That is general statement I know, there are different saves from different traps.

Sarzor
03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Cool, will take me a bit to absorb what ya'll are saying, I just brought the build I'm working on BTT - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=405204 - so I guess in a round about way I was looking for some benchmarks for my level also, about to splash the Pally levels but my CHA sucks....

At around level 6 or so I was getting nailed on traps, at lvl 9 I seem to be able to Improve Evasion them ok 90% of time. That is general statement I know, there are different saves from different traps.

I know this isn't what you are saying, but never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER splash without thinking what you gain and lose.

I am guessing that you are a pure monk, hence the improved evasion at level 9. Some ways (many of which are already mentioned) to boost saves:

1) Parasitic breastplate or any of those items and put +10 reflex on it. Reflex is the most useful vs. traps.
2) (Greater) heroism - heroism potions are readily available and give +2 to saves. Or even use the infinite one from the birthday box. GH scrolls have a high UMD, but are very great, giving +4. A few items, such as a ToD necklace and the planar gird enable it in clickie form.
3) True neutral characters benefit from stability items.
4) (Greater) parrying items give +1 or +2 to saves.
5) Good luck, either crafted or from an item like the voice of the master give +1 or +2 to saves.
6) Reflex saves are boosted by DEX, Fortitude by constitution, Will by wisdom. Many buffs are available to negate fort or will saves, such as FoD is a fort save, but deathblock prevents, FoM protects vs. held, etc. Reflex is where the biggest bang for your buck can be had in boosting saves, but make sure you have items to negate other negative effects.
7) If splashing pally, get a +6 CHA item. That's +3 saves right there.

johnnyputrid
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
If there is another thread on this then my google-fu rolled a 1 :)

How do you increase these saves (I've read people having them in the high 50s :eek:) I know about resistance items but that's all I've ever seen.

Is this one of those rare things where you can stack bonuses ? Can someone break it down or link me please ?

Also, where do you slot this stuff ? For example my bracers and goggles slot are spoken for along with Outfits.

Thanks.

Certain epic destiny abilities have stacking bonuses to particular saves. For example, the Magister tier 1 ability Unearthly Reactions can add +6 to reflex saves and 3% dodge when maxed out. A very commonly twisted ability. Another one is Brace for Impact from Unyielding Sentinel, which can add +2 to all saves and 40% additional fortification. Piling on several of these abilites, along with save-boosting gear can really make your saves soar.

As far as slotting goes, your gear will probably change constantly. I wouldn't worry about being tied to certain slots or particular pieces of gear. In addition, the new augment slot system can help ease the pressure of gearing up.

Charononus
03-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Besides an actual pally splash you could take helf with the pally dill for extra saves.

TeacherSyn
03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Working on this myself, attempting to maximize Reflex to aid any and all saves for Evasion and Dodge, which will help more on Epic Elite more than any other factor, in my opinion.

As a Monk with Grandmaster of Flowers epic destiny, maximize Perfection of Soul for +6 to Reflex.

Others noted Twisting the ED ability, Brace for Impact, for +2 Reflex.

If your character received a Spider Cult Mask, click it for another +1 Reflex.

The Epic Ring of the Buccaneer (Tier 3) adds +2 Luck to saves.

Wearing outfits, there is no Max Dexterity Bonus, so boost DEX as high as possible without compromising other numbers. Insightful/Exceptional Dexterity items aid as well.

The Vestments of the Sun Soul and Spider-Spun Comparison has Resistance +6. Try to find a Resistance +7 augment gem and add it somewhere.

I didn't note if you are a Light or Dark Monk. If you are Light, use Walk of the Sun for additional +2 to all saves for 1 min at a time.

Eilierie
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Sarzoz - Yes definitely tried to weight as many pros/cons before I settled on a build before I TRed as I could. I'm okay with the path I'm on but trying to max out what makes sense where I can. :) thanks.

Johnny - good stuff, thanks.

Char - went with Rogue dilly already.

Spence - I'm Dark, and thanks for Book of Syncletia is been a big help with both of my Monk builds.

Thanks all, all out of rep to give today, lots of food for thought.

Kinerd
03-12-2013, 02:47 PM
true neutral got extra saves from 1 suffix, don't remember whichYou are referring to Stability, but power creep has pushed Resistance items to 7 on loot gen alone while Stability remains at a ceiling of 6, so true neutral only offers earlier saves rather than higher.
Wearing outfits, there is no Max Dexterity Bonus, so boost DEX as high as possible without compromising other numbers. Insightful/Exceptional Dexterity items aid as well.Keep in mind that Max Dex Bonus only applies to AC (and Dodge), not Reflex saves or any other Dex based property. Also keep in mind that Dodge is in a weird phantom zone that has nothing to do with Dex outside of MDB: a character with 60 Dex and 6% Dodge dodges as many attacks as a character with 6 Dex and 6% Dodge.