PDA

View Full Version : Make ESC close all windows before opening the system menu

droid327
03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Its pretty much standard for GUIs that ESC functions like that, so its a bit counterintuitive when you want to, say, close a barter window or close your inventory or cancel out of a conversation window, and instead the system menu pops up on top of everything - which is the opposite of what you're trying to do.

I dont see why you'd need to pull up the system menu with one keystroke, when you can always click to it on the GUI with just two clicks if you really need it without closing your windows. It'd be a real convenience, though, to be able to close/cancel any window with a quick ESC.

Musouka
03-10-2013, 11:03 PM
This would be great as an option, though default off. If you wan it, you just have to hit the check mark in the settings.

Vellrad
03-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Its annoying, but it can be dealt with by binding a key to menu, so escape is not opening menu at all.

While we're on UIs, I would like a newly opened window pop on top of other windows, because now a lot of things (like teleport location or enchant weapon variants) appers on bottom of stack obscured by hotbars.

droid327
03-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Its annoying, but it can be dealt with by binding a key to menu, so escape is not opening menu at all.

Could you explain this a little better?

Currently ESC is not bindable in the keymapping options...pressing ESC cancels the remapping if you go to reassign it to something ><

Also, by default, ESC is bound to "Cancel/Close Panel", which is what I want it to do. The only button mapped by default to "Main Menu" is \. I dont even know why, with that mapping, ESC opens the menu at all...