PDA

View Full Version : Freebie Fred Feat Flipflop...Ffffrecommendation

Peter_Principle
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm a first life 20/5 human wizard, playing as an Archmage half-hinder Evoker/Crowd Controller. For my first few levels I let the bot pick my level ups (ack), and I may or may not have been a stewpid newb in selecting the others (double ack). But I tried to recover, and I think I've selected later feats so that I could readily respec to a PM if the mood takes me.

Right now I'm just strolling along, leveling my epic destinies, and trying to get my 20 shrouds so I can TR in good conscience. In the meantime, I've got this feat respec token available...

Here are the feats I have currently (since I'm not entirely sure what was choosable and what wasn't, I'll list them all):

Arcane Lore
Attack
Augment Summoning
Coin Lord Finishing School
Defensive Fighting
Dismiss Charm
Empower Spell
Epic Skills
Epic Spell Focus: Enchantment
Great Intelligence
Greater Spell Focus:
......Enchantment
......Evocation
......Necromancy
Heroic Durability
Improved Mental Toughness
Inscribe Wizard Scroll
Inspire Courage (Fateyodeler ED, yay)
Inspire Courage
Magical Training
Maximize Spell
Mental Toughness
Simple Weapon Proficiency (etc)
Sneak
Spell Focus:
......Enchantment
......Evocation
......Necromancy
Spell Penetration
Sunder
Toughness
Trip

What should I lose, and with what should I replace it?

Onetunge
03-11-2013, 04:59 AM
For arcane caster I think you're lacking Heighten spell and Spell penetration. I'd loose Inspire courage. And haveing 3 schools to master is tough on feats. I did 2 (necro and evocaton) and I ran short on feats.

Charononus
03-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Ditch greater int for heighten, you can't swap inspire courage as the previous poster recommends as its a fatesinger autogrant.

psykopeta
03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
swaps:
augment summoning - heighten spell
inspire courage- greater spell penetration
great intelligence- epic spell penetration (1st life is hard to land necro spells)

a wizard can easily have 3 schools maxed, but only 2 will get epic feats, i had necro, enchantment & conjuration(had 3 clr PL so yay, the highest dc i ever had lol)

heighten is a must, no matter which class/pre you are, all dc caster must have it, the 2 spell penetration are worth since you don't have PL and with enhancements and gear only you won't be sure 100% in EH(i would rather not using ED points/twists to get more spell penetration)

maximize and empower are useful only if you are gonna be evoker, if not you can drop both(you are gonna use your SLA's with both metas, rest of spells are a waste of sp most of time because you won't have too much sp)

Charononus
03-11-2013, 07:19 AM
inspire courage- greater spell penetration

You realize inspire courage is from him being in fatesinger and it can't be swapped right?

Peter_Principle
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Ditch greater int for heighten, you can't swap inspire courage as the previous poster recommends as its a fatesinger autogrant.

Thanks for the info. Is there a reason you suggest Greater Int instead of Augment Summoning? I've come to understand that most people think AS is almost worthless, whereas a higher int score adds to my sp and DCs.

Matuse
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Arcane Lore
Attack
Coin Lord Finishing School
Defensive Fighting
Dismiss Charm
Epic Skills
Heroic Durability
Inscribe Wizard Scroll
Inspire Courage (Fateyodeler ED, yay)
Inspire Courage
Magical Training
Simple Weapon Proficiency (etc)
Sneak
Sunder
Trip

These are all of the ones that cannot be swapped. They are either innate to all characters (Attack, Sunder), special feats for wizards (Dismiss Summon, Scribe Scroll), granted feats for certain accomplishments (Coin Lord School), or gifted from Epic Destinies (Inspire Courage).

Ryiah
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
a wizard can easily have 3 schools maxed, but only 2 will get epic feats

Until the expansion hits and then you'll have room for three.

RedHost
03-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the info. Is there a reason you suggest Greater Int instead of Augment Summoning? I've come to understand that most people think AS is almost worthless, whereas a higher int score adds to my sp and DCs.

Only if it makes your stat even. 18 starting + 6 levels + X Tome + 3 class + 2 capstone + 1 Human Enhancement + 8 Enchantment + 3 Insight + 1 Exceptional + Y Epic Enhancements and then Artifact, Profane, and the like on top of all of that leaves quite a lot of room for you to even it out. +1 to INT or a feat.... most of the time there is a better feat to take.

Looking at your feat list, it does seem like you are pretty lacking on Spell Penetration. Switching Augmented Summoning for Greater Spell Penetration would the the least. Would also probably be a help for you to pay to switch Greater Intelligence for Epic Spell Penetration.

Ryiah
03-13-2013, 12:43 PM
maximize and empower are useful only if you are gonna be evoker

Maximize is still worth taking even if only for Eladar's Electric Surge, Niac's Biting Cold, and the persistent AOEs. You don't need to be Evocation-focused to make good use of those.

EllisDee37
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Instead of the free feat swap with Fred you could use the free LR and fix all your feats in one shot.

jillie
03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Pale Masters do like using their Necrotic Ray, though, and maximize and empower do their work well with that spell. Too, I've found Polar Ray and Disintegrate* useful - there are mobs that are immune to negative energy, after all.

*I could expand upon this list, but then everyone would want their fave spell in it ... so i''ll only mention one more: greater shout.

Charononus
03-15-2013, 02:59 AM

Unless you need the int to be at an even number I figured as was a better bet for a new caster as it gets you a few more dv's while soloing if you park the hire then call it to get some mana back. As you get more gear ext I'd swap as out for more spell pen feats, but yeah there's a lot you can swap out for optimal feats as others have mentioned. Basically there's a lot I'd swap but you wanted to know about the free feat swap so I picked the one that I thought would do the most.

samthedagger
03-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Instead of the free feat swap with Fred you could use the free LR and fix all your feats in one shot.This. If you created the character before U14, you should have an available free LR with the orc druid in House J. Save yourself the bank-breaking cost of all those flawless siberys shards.

Peter_Principle
03-15-2013, 07:02 PM
This. If you created the character before U14, you should have an available free LR with the orc druid in House J. Save yourself the bank-breaking cost of all those flawless siberys shards.

I started this guy in October 2012. Did I make the cut?

EllisDee37
03-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Everyone gets a free LR, but unlike the free feat exchange it's only one per character, not life. Meaning if you use it now, you can't use it again after a tr.