PDA

View Full Version : XP Pot Coupons - Issues

hit_fido
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
In an effort to provide an alternative to the discounts from the removed offers, the following coupon codes will be available for Lesser, Medium, & Greater Experience Elixirs only. The coupons were structured this way due to the quantity limitation of 10.

XPE020 - Spend 1000 Turbine Points & Save 20% on Lesser, Medium, and/or Greater Experience Elixirs

XPE030 - Spend 2000 Turbine Points & Save 30% on Lesser, Medium, and/or Greater Experience Elixirs

XPE040 - Spend 3000 Turbine Points & Save 40% on Lesser, Medium, and/or Greater Experience Elixirs

This solution does not fulfill the spirit of the statement made earlier regarding the removal of xp pot packages:

For the 5.2% we'll be coming out with an on-going coupon for people who buy in bulk (i.e. not a "this week only" coupon, but one that people can just grab). That way they can still get the price point they want, but the quantity of offerings in the category is not so bulky. Best of both worlds.

I'm willing to be corrected if wrong.

First, you removed 5 and 10 stacks of "Major Experience Elixir" but you expressly exclude "Major Experience Elixir" from these coupons. Second, it's not possible to add more than 10 of any one item to the cart at a time. That means that it is impossible to buy 25 "Greater Experience Elixir" to reach the same overall price point as before (25 for 3750).

Do you understand that you can't even use these coupons for bulk "Lesser Experience Elixir" and "Medium Experience Elixir"? With a limit of 10 at a time the most you can spend for Lesser is 600 and the most you can spend for Medium is 950. You cannot add two line items with the same item to make it an order of 20. The most is 10. Your coupons are completely unusable for two of the three products you are telling me that I can use them for.

There was a really simply way to handle this - leave the products in the store. There are now only three (3) pages of xp pots. Leaving these alone would have meant there were 6, maybe 5 pages. Do you know how many pages of results I get when I search for "crossbow" on the DDO Store? Twenty (20). And 18 of those really do have crossbows in assorted plus values and elemental damage types. The initial claim was that redundancy was driving the removal of XP pot packages. Do you understand why that is hard to believe, and do you understand that the inadequate nature of these coupons leads one to conclude that the actual intent behind removing XP pot packages was to extract more cash from players for the same or less amount of value?

Will you please either restore the XP pot packages at their original prices, which would do no harm whatsoever to the DDO Store, or will you provide a workable coupon solution that actually makes it possible to get the same value for the same cash as we were previously?

mystafyi
03-07-2013, 05:59 PM
The initial claim was that redundancy was driving the removal of XP pot packages.

It was always to drive revenue. They must meet revenue targets or game over.

hit_fido
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
It was always to drive revenue. They must meet revenue targets or game over.

This doesn't bother me. That is how a successful business runs itself. I have no problem with paying for something of value to me.

What does bother me is the sneaking suspicion that I'm being deceived, to my face.

Tell me that "we're eliminating some packages that we felt were undervalued and introducing higher priced replacements; there is significant demand for xp pots and we're going to capitalize on that" and I'll either bite the bullet and pay or I'll pass on it but I'll respect the business for working to price at what the market will bear.

Tell me that 5 or 6 pages of xp pots was a major crisis in redundancy while there's still 18+ pages full of - for all practical purposes - identical crossbows; and then give me a lower value replacement that is 66% non functional anyway as a proposed solution for me to "still get the price point [I] want"? That's not acceptable.

mystafyi
03-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Tell me that 5 or 6 pages of xp pots was a major crisis in redundancy while there's still 18+ pages full of - for all practical purposes - identical crossbows; and then give me a lower value replacement that is 66% non functional anyway as a proposed solution for me to "still get the price point [I] want"? That's not acceptable.

They dont want customers that have price points. They spun a line of bs in order to appease the masses getting upset. that is all.

Gkar
03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Wow, that is a real fail from Turbine.

I guess its pretty clear they were lying when they said they would use coupons to offset the removal of the stacks.

GermanicusMaximus
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM

I guess its pretty clear they were lying when they said they would use coupons to offset the removal of the stacks.

Hey, they were under duress! There was a forum uprising that needed to be quelled! Under further review....

Seriously, I would use the same description as you, but these forums are not moderated in an equitable fashion, and if I said that....

Hey, they were under duress! There was a forum uprising that needed to be quelled! Under further review....

Cernunan
03-07-2013, 08:10 PM

Very much so

QuartermasterX
03-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Our intention was to have the coupons mirror the functionality of the stacked offers. However, due to the quantity limitation of 10, this is currently not possible. The issue was the redundancy of offers in the Experience Elxir Category. All of the offers that now remain makeup over 95% of purchases.

Keep in mind we also kept the most requested offer (Major Experience Elixir x25).

Stanley_Nicholas
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM

hit_fido
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Our intention was to have the coupons mirror the functionality of the stacked offers. However, due to the quantity limitation of 10, this is currently not possible. The issue was the redundancy of offers in the Experience Elxir Category. All of the offers that now remain makeup over 95% of purchases.

So you gave the short end to the 5% in order to reduce the number of XP pot pages from 6 to 3? A 6 to 3 reduction was really necessary in light of all the other redundant stuff in the DDO store?

It's redundant to offer a 5x stack of "Major Experience Elixir" which was eliminated but then introduce both a 1x and a 5x stack of "Sovereign l Experience Elixir"? That's not redundant too?

If the intention truly is to provide players with a way to obtain, for example, 25 "Lesser Experience Elixir" for 900 TP like they could before, or to obtain, for example, 10 "Major Experience Elixir" for 2450 TP like they could before, then the simplest and quickest way to serve your customers is to restore the eliminated XP pot packages. Explain how that would detract from the usability of the DDO Store? If you're not going to do that, then do you have a timeline for being able to purchase more than 10 of the same item so that these coupons are actually functional, as well a introducing a coupon that addresses the eliminated "Major Experience Elixir" bulk options?

Enough with the redundancy schtick. It doesn't add up.

Bacab
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Our intention was to make as much money off you suckers as possible.

Fixed

Gkar
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Bull.

It was entirely possible.

What was your reason to exclude Major pots from the discount? Why exclude Superior for that matter?

Why not offer the 40% price point at 10 if that's your system limit?

Why is the max item count 10? Why can't you make it 25?

Why didn't you just return the 5 packs, at least to the major pots, so purchases of up to 50 would be possible?

Oh, and lets not forget that in the past we could have bought a major stack for effectively 40% off, and then used a coupon on one of your "pick your own discount" recurring deals to achive as much as a 58% total discount, and that's not possible in any way now thanks to this being made a coupon.

Look, you want to raise prices, be honest and say that. We can complain but what are you going to do, we will either buy or we won't *shrugs*

But don't go claiming that its to reduce clutter as long as you have the horrible clutter of +1 items, and don't claim its technically not possible to duplicate when it appears it is no big deal to impliment. I refuse to believe you are incompetent, I assume you know your job and know it well, that only leaves us dishonesty and that irritates me a heck of a lot more than a price gouge.

RTN
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
For me, the biggest hassle of the Store is when I want to scan things on sale. I get pages and pages of cosmetic gear and purchasable weapons. A couple pages of pots or other useful items is what I want to see, yet I might have to click through 20 pages of useless nonsense to find it.

A better solution, if reduction of clutter is your actual purpose, would be to allow us to sort or click through categories under sales. I don't know of anyone that wants XP pots and then complains when there are too many choices and price points giving us flexibility for the truly useful items in the store.

Gkar
03-08-2013, 09:48 AM
For me, the biggest hassle of the Store is when I want to scan things on sale. I get pages and pages of cosmetic gear and purchasable weapons. A couple pages of pots or other useful items is what I want to see, yet I might have to click through 20 pages of useless nonsense to find it.

A better solution, if reduction of clutter is your actual purpose, would be to allow us to sort or click through categories under sales. I don't know of anyone that wants XP pots and then complains when there are too many choices and price points giving us flexibility for the truly useful items in the store.

Yup.

Kilbar
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
QuartermasterX, this may come as a complete shock to you, but a lot of us players are adults who balance our own checkbooks every day. We have jobs, some of them in the financial sector, and most of all we aren't drooling idiots. Either be honest with us or don't bother showing up in threads at all. We don't like being lied to. When you lie to us you end up with three "Goodbye DDO" threads in a single day like you had a few days ago. Unless you actively want us to quit and stop giving you money, the truth should always be the order of the day with your customers and right now, you're not doing that.

Sonos
03-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Let me see if I've got this:

x25 bundles were always cheaper than x10 x1 etc. as they should be because of bulk.
They were removed in the greater, medium and lesser format and replaced with a coupon that would give that same bundled discount. Reasonable.

But what I got from this:

Keep in mind we also kept the most requested offer (Major Experience Elixir x25).

Is that there is still the x25 major bundle available. In this case no coupon is necessary because the inherent discount of bulk buying is already in there.

Am I missing something? Other than the coupons possibly not working, I don't see the problem with regards to the Major x25 issue.

smatt
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Hmm, you would think the person(s) making these types of decisions IE: Let's take the big stacks out of the DDO store, that way we can make a few more dollars, that is if the decision doesnt' backfire. Would have a fricken clue as to hwo the store actually works, all it's functions and limitations..... I'm sorry, this jsut gives the impretion of Turbine being a fastfood with a whole cadre of first week new hires... And a mangement team that started last week...

It's a bang the head on the desk moment... How people can be so out of touch unknowledgeable with their own product, their own job.... It truly amazes me... I guess this is what employers now get with the internet/App generation....

Problem is at the top and it trickles down.....

Stanley_Nicholas
03-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Let me see if I've got this:

x25 bundles were always cheaper than x10 x1 etc. as they should be because of bulk.
They were removed in the greater, medium and lesser format and replaced with a coupon that would give that same bundled discount. Reasonable.

But what I got from this:

Is that there is still the x25 major bundle available. In this case no coupon is necessary because the inherent discount of bulk buying is already in there.

Am I missing something? Other than the coupons possibly not working, I don't see the problem with regards to the Major x25 issue.

That note about keeping the x25 Major stacks wasn't originally there in his post. It was edited in after the other responses.

Gkar
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM

Note the edit time on his post. He just added that line a few minutes ago.

And someone needs to teach him the wise use of forums, that should have been a new post in the thread, not an edit since it is significant new information.

I guess I was wrong, it wasn't malice on Turbine's part, it was a complete failure to communicate clearly... AGAIN

Sonos
That note about keeping the x25 Major stacks wasn't originally there in his post. It was edited in after the other responses.

Ah gotcha, should have looked at time stamp, thanks for pointing that out.

Lerl
Why is it that I can now only purchase 2 (two) hirelings through the store at a time???
I prefer to purchase 5 at a time, and now have to make multiple purchases to get the same number of hirelings. This is not convenient. (I solo.)

danotmano1998
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know of anyone that wants XP pots and then complains when there are too many choices and price points giving us flexibility for the truly useful items in the store.

Exactly.
+1 and more, if it were possible under this system.

Turbine, read that again. Please and Thank You.

Vilhelm_der_Toller
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
The below picture is not related in any way with any post in this thread. It is provided solely for entertainment purposes.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Kilbar
03-08-2013, 12:27 PM
the below picture is not related in any way with any post in this thread. It is provided solely for entertainment purposes.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

qft.

patang01
03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I love capitalism. But I hate money grab naked capitalism.

That's the stuff that turns me off so hard I won't play something again. Kind of the reason why I don't go into certain big box stores anymore.

See, as a customer I want a company to treat me like they add a value I want to throw money at. Like I felt about DDO before. Back then WE WERE asking you to add this and that so you could provide us with something we asked for and YOU could make money. As it should.

But now - everytime I log on I feel Turbines hands digging in my pockets for shards and TPs. And that ain't right. It feels wrong. It feels like every single money grabbing scheme makes me want to spend less.

Like with the new collect. turn ins. 1 day the turn ins are like 'Now that's nice and there's an option to spend shards to get exactly what you wan't'. And I felt like there's something I can spend real money on. A fair system with a cash option.

Then a few days later the turn in cost is 10 times higher and the naked money grab is staring me in the eyes. I mean who has 30 glittering dust laying around for a temp thing when you can spend shards instead right?

Like the shard AH. 30-40% fee for using something that will be based largely on real money?

Well - my reaction is to not turn anything in, not buy any more points and to horde my shards.

And now with the reduction of stacks with some kind of coupon as a band aid.

Could I see myself buying a 25 stack? Yeah - I can. I buy stacks of loot jewels and if I need XP pots - this would be the way to go. Go big or go home.

But now?

Turbine - you and I know why you did it. We're adults. You want money and you know that micro transactions works. But the further you step over the line the more you'll turn off someone like me who gladly throws money at you. Look around you. The forum are full of people who love DDO but feels more and more like you're looking for a monitary solution to every single issue instead of a customer related solution to them.

And that has already turned off many good players. I'm more of the 'whatever - I'm having fun' type player. I have money and as you're not asking for it without providing me with a ingame and out of pocket solution I'm good. But now you're simply abusing our intelligence and expect me to fork over more money for less value.

Just sayin'.

Thrudh
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I love capitalism. But I hate money grab naked capitalism.

Turbine - you and I know why you did it. We're adults. You want money and you know that micro transactions works. But the further you step over the line the more you'll turn off someone like me who gladly throws money at you. Look around you.

I'm considered one of the biggest fanbois on the forums...

And I agree with the above... I have plenty of money... I'm normally happy to give you money. But I don't appreciate sleight-of-hand pricing or comments that makes me feel like you're trying to trick me into giving you money.

If you're going to raise the price because you're pretty sure the market can bear it, say so... Don't make up bogus reasons to hide the fact that you are raising prices.

Vellrad
03-08-2013, 01:28 PM

No one is going to bellive you simply wanted to clean up DDO store by removing XP potions if weapons and armors are still there.

Hokiewa
03-08-2013, 01:39 PM
No one is going to bellive you simply wanted to clean up DDO store by removing XP potions if weapons and armors are still there.

Indeed. That was a poorly thought out "excuse".

frugal10191
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM

Is that 95% of transactions, or 95% of the potions sold?

If the 95% of the transactions are actually selling say 40% of the potions then that is a more significant issue than you are letting on.

Postumus
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Note the edit time on his post. He just added that line a few minutes ago.

And someone needs to teach him the wise use of forums, that should have been a new post in the thread, not an edit since it is significant new information.

I guess I was wrong, it wasn't malice on Turbine's part, it was a complete failure to communicate clearly... AGAIN

Never ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to... a simple mistake?

Kilbar
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Never ascribe to malice what can be ascribed to... a simple mistake?

After the past few weeks our wells of goodwill are running close to dry. Give us a reason to believe, Turbine. Give us some small reason to trust in your word again, because right now... Not happening.

Buggss
03-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey, they were under duress! There was a forum uprising that needed to be quelled.......

Yep, along with Gkar I was a part of that and at the time with Tolero's statement about the bulk purchases being subsidized in some way we left it alone and waited.

Now, rather than repeat what's been said by pretty much everyone I'm going to show how it helps to read the thread before commenting and just say...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That lot of posts up there. :(

shadereaper33
03-08-2013, 03:06 PM
It's kinda sad that I'm not even remotely surprised this "solution" to a genuine problem caused by fixing a perceived problem doesn't even remotely work as described. Stuff like this is why Turbine has such a horrible track record. The worst part is that they don't even see a problem with it.

QuartermasterX
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
The coupons have being expanded for use with the Major Experience Elixir x1 offer.

With this change, the only unachievable offers are the Lesser, Medium, & Greater Experience Elixirs stacks of 25. These account for only .7% of units sold and 2.3% of sales.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If we can increase the offer quantity limit from 10 to 25, we will certainly do so!

Buggss
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
The coupons have being expanded for use with the Major Experience Elixir x1 offer.

With this change, the only unachievable offers are the Lesser, Medium, & Greater Experience Elixirs stacks of 25. These account for only .7% of units sold and 2.3% of sales.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If we can increase the offer quantity limit from 10 to 25, we will certainly do so!

Not the x25 stack majors?

Can the x1 major stacks use the coupons reduction to make up for that? I've not slept enough in the last few days to get my brain around it.

Someone....?

Vellrad
03-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Funny, the only XP pots I was buying (except free giveaways) are medium X25.

I can live without paying for XP pots, but why do you insist on decreasing your profits?

danotmano1998
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM

You're getting closer!!
Almost there, just a little longer!!

Kilbar
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Funny, the only XP pots I was buying (except free giveaways) are medium X25.

I can live without paying for XP pots, but why do you insist on decreasing your profits?

Because apparently it's simpler to lie to the playerbase and hope they buy the bovine feces without a struggle.

Sonos
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM

Can the x1 major stacks use the coupons reduction to make up for that? I've not slept enough in the last few days to get my brain around it.

Someone....?

As mentioned on the first page, the x25 major xp elixir is still in the store. No coupon necessary, the discount is inherent in the price.

Buggss
03-08-2013, 04:15 PM
As mentioned on the first page, the x25 major xp elixir is still in the store. No coupon necessary, the discount is inherent in the price.

Same price as before? Well good, I guess that's another positive.

Gkar
03-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Thank you for that change. It's nice to see you are listening :)

Someone....?

People have missed that because half way through the discussion he editted that into an early post (and who goes back and reads the old posts in case of edits). He would have been wiser to make a new post so people realized that.

WielderofGigantus
03-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Except that you can only buy x2 Major Experience Elixirs, not x10 like the lessers, mediums, and greaters. Is this also a coded limitation that can't be fixed easily like the lessers, mediums, and greaters?

hit_fido
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM

This is not correct. I will try one more time to spell this out as plainly as possible.

Nine (9) products were removed:

Lesser, 5x for 240 and 25x for 900
Medium, 5x for 380 and 25x for 1425
Greater, 5x for 1000, 10x for 1750, and 25x for 3750
Major, 5x for 1395 and 10x for 2450

Taking these one by one:

Lesser stack 5x now costs 300 instead of 240. The coupon you are offering will not work for this product as it's less than 1000 TP. In fact since the maximum is quantity 10 for 600, you can't use the coupon at all for lesser pots.

Lesser stack 25x, as noted above, cannot even be purchased anymore, let alone obtained for the same price point as before.

We cannot achieve the same price point as before on Lesser Experience Elixir at ANY QUANTITY

Medium stack 5x now costs 475 instead of 380. The coupon you are offering will not work for this product as it's less than 1000 TP. In fact since the maximum quantity is 10 for 950, you can't use the coupon at all for medium pots.

Medium stack 25x, again, cannot even be purchased anymore.

We cannot achieve the same price point as before on Medium Experience Elixir at ANY QUANTITY

Greater stack 5x and 10x, will work at the right levels with the coupons to duplicate the previous price points. Greater stack 25x is impossible to purchase anymore, regardless that the coupon would work with that quantity.

Major stack 5x now costs 1750 instead of 1395. Your statement that, "The coupons have being expanded for use with the Major Experience Elixir x1 offer" is particularly egregious as it shows you have not even tried to test your coupon solution in the actual store: for some inexplicable reason, although we can buy a quantity up to 10 for the Lesser, Medium, and Greater pots, you have chosen to limit the quantity of Major to only two (2). That means that once again in direct contradiction to what you're telling us, you can't use the coupon at all for Major pots at any stack size.

We cannot achieve the same price point as before on Major Experience Elixir in 5x and 10x stacks

Summary: out of the nine (9) product price points you removed, only two (2) can be obtained with the coupon solution

Questions:

- Why wont you simply restore the stack sizes at their original prices? If not, then what solution do you intend to provide so that the seven (7) price points that are no longer achievable, will be?

- Do you apply the same logic for removal of other "redundant" products as you do for these; in other words, will all products that account for 2.3% of sales or less be removed from the DDO Store?

- Why have you limited Major Experience Elixir to a quantity 2 purchase while clearly there is no technical limitation in making that 10 just like the Lesser, Medium, and Greater products?

hit_fido
10-23-2015, 12:27 PM
How do we use these coupons in the new store?

cdbd3rd
10-23-2015, 01:23 PM
How do we use these coupons in the new store?

We don't.