PDA

View Full Version : Chainging Dragonmark

Targal
03-07-2013, 01:22 AM
well, you should know ppl don't use dragonmark well. I think the problem is that, first, its usability is not good to take as feat, second, ppl can hardly use that.
I thought the ideal way to solute the second problem: Make them as costing SP instead of its uses.

(be aware of this. as I'm not good at English, I'll explain this as tooltip I wrote)

------------------------------------------
Feat:
Least dragon mark: grants character total 40 SP(If you're fighter, your SP becomes 40)
Lesser dragon mark: same but 60 SP(total 100)
Grater dragon mark: same but 80 SP(total 180)
other is same before. just It's added that you can have SP.

Enhancement
Dragonmark Inner Power: your SP can be regenerated up to 4/8/12
Requires: 2/6/10 level of a class except for caster classes(which has magical training)
AP Cost: 2/4/6
This dosen't stack with Echoes of Power by Magical Training.

Dragonmark Stored Power: you can take 20/40/60/80 SP per enhancement.
Requires: 1/4/7/10 level of a class except for caster classes
AP Cost: 1/2/3/4

*Partly SP caster(like Ranger, Paladin, Bard) would be treated as non-caster, because they don't have Magical Training generally.
------------------------------------------

*you should be confused by the word at Requires. the intend of that is preventing casters to have powerful by getting that enhancement.(even I don't think that can be helpful.. lol) If you want to take that enhancement, you should be required level of a class such as 7 Fighter to get Dragonmark Power III, 4 Monk to get Dragonmark Power II. but none of casters can't take that enhancement.
by the way, if you're non-caster, you can take Magical Training Feat for Echoes of Power or take multiclass with a caster to keep your 10 AP.

If you take all dragonmarks and enhancement, your added SP would be 260([Feat:40+60+80]+[Enhancement:80]).
If you take all, plus Magical draining, It'd be 340. added Archmagi, It's 540.

As this change, I think more characters would take dragonmarks frequently. no~-casters would take SP Stuff(Power, Wizardary, Magi... and pots). you can see Paladin of Dragonmark of Healing. He can take whole marks for his heal, and Artificer or Wizard of Dragonmark of Storm or Healing. cleric of dragonmark of making to heal warforged.. :p

and... to get first problem... I think those feat must grant players more adventages... like this: ppl must be able to get exclusive enhancement of those.
for example...
---------------------------------------------------
Storm
Least Power Dragonmark of Storm: your electricity spell power is increased by 10.
Lesser: ...increased by 10 again(total 20)
Greater: ...increased by 20(total 40)

Making/Healing
It's same to Storm... repair spell power/healing spell power.

Passage
Least: your movement speed0is increased by 3%
Lesser: 6%
Greater: 10%
this bonus is stacked with other bonus.

***(considerable...)
Finding
I'm not sure how I should make this...

Shadow
bonus dodge?

Sentinel
This is the problem that It is existing. It's tottally... *sigh*
anyway, bonus resistance?

Warding
same to Sentinel...
well, bonus AC? PPR?
--------------------------------------------------

Well, if the lack of this is complemented well, this would be great!
so how about this?

Uska
03-07-2013, 01:25 AM
They have hinted that they are changing dragonmarks.

For the least it will still take a feat but to enhance it to higher lvls will take AP so its a mixture and sound like it could be cool.

gphysalis
03-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Edited due to misunderstanding.

A spell point system could be better than the current system.

However, infinite use of an ability (if it is less than the 12sp) is rather powerful. On casters with the magical training feat, they are usually primarily casters, and rely on the spells. However, on a melee, this would give them a permanent bonus on top of what they already had.

I would suggest a conversion to the spell point system, and let anyone who wanted regenerating sp take the magical training feat.
In light of the possible upcoming changes to dragonmarks, this would change the feat cost of dragonmarks from 3->1 -> 2 for unlimited uses.

Targal
03-07-2013, 01:31 AM
/not signed.

I've got dragonmarks on casters. Casters can make use of dragonmarks too.

In addition, magical training is a trainable feat.

I do think that the dragonmarks should be worth more, as it is most of them are not currently worth a feat slot.

However, i think that restricting casters from taking dragonmarks is an arbitrary bad idea.

no, no, no. caster can take dragonmark feats well, but just restricting its enhacnement as giving SP. and I know magical training is trainable feat. so you have two ways to get that magical training... as a feat on level-up, or as a bonus of first level of caster by multiclass(of course, if you're not caster)

Kilbar
03-07-2013, 01:34 AM
/not signed.

I've got dragonmarks on casters. Casters can make use of dragonmarks too.

In addition, magical training is a trainable feat.

I do think that the dragonmarks should be worth more, as it is most of them are not currently worth a feat slot.

However, i think that restricting casters from taking dragonmarks is an arbitrary bad idea.

I don't believe the OP is suggesting forbidding casters to take dragonmarks. Remember, he says early on that his English isn't the greatest, so you likely misunderstood his intent.

gphysalis
03-07-2013, 01:37 AM
no, no, no. caster can take dragonmark feats well, but just restricting its enhacnement as giving SP.

now I think that I understand what you're suggesting.

This could be a good idea. I don't use my least or lesser dragonmarks of finding, and getting some spare sp for these feats would be nice. I think that the extra mana sources availiable in the game, compared to the extra dragonmark sources (I can only think of the dennith chimera's crown) might allow too much use of some of the dragonmarks. However, in general this would be a good change.

I am hoping that the devs will change the dragonmarks to only require one feat with the upcoming enhancement pass though.

shadereaper33
03-07-2013, 02:25 AM
First of all, the dev's have mentioned that they are overhauling the dragonmark feats, likely to be at the same time as the enhancement overhaul. Second, being as the enhancement overhaul is hitting lamma this spring, and likely going live later this year, creating new enhancements now that will just have to be redone over the next few months would be a bit silly. That said, I think the problem with the dragonmark feats is in their cost, rather than their usage. Having to spend 3 feats on something, when you only have 7 (9 if you go to 24) is extremely expensive. Spending 1/3 of your total feats on something that isn't an integral part of your character build is just too much in most cases.