PDA

View Full Version : Strengthen the Game, don't nerf the player!

phyrak
03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
It becomes more and more apparent as one levels up, their class becomes weaker in relation to other classes.

When reading another players bio, you read about their achievements of damage or healing.

I use to play a monk before they got so terribly nerfed, now the monks only uses are that of skill like jump and finding traps (by running through them) rather then damage and DR breaking.

Why not just strengthen the enemies that we face rather then nerfing the good, living micky out of us!

Devs, if you're reading this.

try playing as an actual player rather then the dev of almighty awesomenss...it shows perspective on the nerfing of the classes (and some nigh on useless abilities that need fixing. ie: iron defender for arti)

-end rant-

-Phyrak

Jay203
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I use to play a monk before they got so terribly nerfed, now the monks only uses are that of skill like jump and finding traps (by running through them) rather then damage and DR breaking.

i think we may be playing a different game...
monks are still extremely strong....

Charononus
03-06-2013, 10:11 PM
It becomes more and more apparent as one levels up, their class becomes weaker in relation to other classes.

When reading another players bio, you read about their achievements of damage or healing.

Why not just strengthen the enemies that we face rather then nerfing the good, living micky out of us!

try playing as an actual player rather then the dev of almighty awesomenss...it shows perspective on the nerfing of the classes (and some nigh on useless abilities that need fixing. ie: iron defender for arti)

-end rant-

-Phyrak

Not quite sure what your issue is, monks are extremely strong with good gear and a good build. I'd suggest posting your build and gear into the monk section for help. Most classes have been extremely buffed by the release of epic destinies ext, about the only classes that still really need help are pure pally and pure ranger. As for the arti dog, the main problem with them and the wolf pet is that they use hireling ai, if they changed their ai to say "assist" mode where it only attacks what you are attacking they would be much stronger.

Qhualor
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
i went through 3 monk lives. never had played them before until I TR'd into one for the PLs. if one knows how to play and build the class, they are very strong and very good. I was average at best because I didn't fully understand how to play the class and utilize all the finishing moves, etc. and used pass me down gear while leveling. I would say to look into the class again if you ever liked playing them.

any class can be played strongly as long as you have build, gear, skill, knowledge, experience and being prepared. ive seen what some people may consider the weak class out play what some may consider the strongest class and vice versa. anyone and any class can achieve great things in this game. you just have to apply yourself and have a little patience because it will eventually work out in the end.

shadereaper33
03-06-2013, 11:14 PM

-end rant-

-Phyrak

Monks, just like every other class, can be extremely powerful if one knows how to properly build and play one in the current game. If you are having issues with your monk, then I imagine the problem most likely lies with you, not the class. I don't mean that to sound mean or derogatory in any way, but I have played and leveled multiple monks and they are always very effective. As someone else posted, you may want to make a thread in the monk class section of the forums with your build, gear, and epic destiny (if applicable) set up, and ask for some advice, rather than making vague complaints about unclear nerfs.

Phemt81
03-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Monks is the class with the most exceptional feat of all, it is called "real fun".

Lonnbeimnech
03-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Is this one of those

waah, I built my toon for survivability and now I don't do max dps threads?

or is it a

waah, I built my toon for max dps and now I lack survivability threads?

Uska
03-07-2013, 01:03 AM
I dont think your playing the same monks I am I find them to be one of the strongest classes to play and has one of the best chances of surviving

Dandonk
03-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Umm, wut?

I think I will have to agree with the others. Posting the build for help and suggestions might help get it back on track - monks are definitely quite OK atm.

danzig138
03-07-2013, 01:51 AM

You might have had a good point in there, but the above tells me you don't know what you're talking about in general, so I doubt it.

brickwall
03-07-2013, 01:58 AM
Compared to how massively overpowered monks use to be i could possibly see someone saying something like that. Nothing like running up to red names and dropping them in 1 hit or dropping in to pvp and 1 shooting people. Nothing like taking out everything in a 180 degree ark in front of you for over 2000 damage a pop. Or soloing TOD on elite like monks where able to do for a little while.