PDA

View Full Version : Not complaining, but what is Tonya doing to be so awesome?

stefferweffer
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
There is a level 12 Favored Soul hireling named Tonya something (Briightstone maybe?). I took her to GH with my 12 monk, and something she keeps doing (I set her on Aggressive) keeps knocking these giants and everything else down, keeping us alive big time and making them very easy to kill.

Do you know what spell she is casting that keeps doing this? It is extremely helpful. She also has a way to replenish her own spell points (maybe potions?). Until recently I had always used Clerics, but I'm like Favored Souls better now for a combination of damage and healing at the same time.

Thanks.

Missing_Minds
03-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Given you aren't giving much of a description of SFX, I'm going to assume it is Greater Command. It can't be CommetFall as she only has one lvl 6 spell which would be blade barrier.

All hireling spellcasters come with their own neumonics they'll chug.

CheeseMilk
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I've never used her, myself, but it's probably Greater Command she's using.

Or Cometfall, if there's a big explosion accompanying it.

Edit: And if you like her, you're going to LOVE Larafay, the 15th level FvS hireling.

LOOON375
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
It is either comet fall or command. And yes, she kicks ass in that regard. However, she has a tendency to run out of spell points rather quickly. Most of the blue bar hirelings drink mana pots.

FestusHood
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I've used her a ton. It's definitely greater command she is casting, same effect of just dumping mobs on their butt that it had when i used it with my cleric.

P.S. She also casts holy smite a ton, making mobs blind and doing decent damage at that level. Great hireling to use if you are a rogue.

Missing_Minds
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Edit: And if you like her, you're going to LOVE Larafay, the 15th level FvS hireling.

Yeap, she's very kill oriented as well.

Too bad the royally ****edup Caraneth Myar, the lvl 19 FvS when they tried to fix her Implosion addiction. She's absolutely worthless now.