PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline and Momentum Swing issues

Inouk
03-02-2013, 03:20 PM
So after leveling my tempest through 6 EDs I am finally in what I thought would be my primary (FotW). I was told FotW works much better with TWF than LD and was given the impression this is because adrenaline affects both weapons. This was very exciting to me.. until I used adrenaline.

First, it has a very long activation it seems, similar to using a boost. Next, it doesn't seem to affect off hand attacks, cleaves, or even momentum swing (I lack the fate pts to twist lay waste yet). When I use momentum swing it burns the adrenaline use but doesn't seem to actually up the damage at all. The only thing I've gotten from adrenaline is a single swing big number... for which I'm probably losing 4 attacks (2 swings primary and off hand). This seems.... less than stellar. Can anyone confirm what adrenaline does and doesn't work with and whether there is anything I'm missing or doing wrong?

Feithlin
03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
At the 1st tiers, adrenaline doesn't feel much impressive, but it gets bigger and bigger. At the end, it's an almost guaranteed critical with 400% damage. You will feel the effect ! :D

Inouk
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
So I just did a little testing and confirmed I'm only getting adrenaline on the first target of a cleave. To me this is a ripoff since the cleave is "my next attack" it should affect them all. I was wrong about it not working with MS, I just can't seem to crit ever on MS+adrenaline despite the very very high crit chance (does MS +3 range stack with the +2 from adrenaline?). Still, adrenaline very slow to trigger and MS very slow animation, so I can't help but think that the # of attacks I lose with this combination may out weight the big single swing. But... maybe not.

Partydeluxe
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
For me the biggest benefit from adrenaline is this:

Tier 4 FotW
Overwhelming Force: Passive Bonus: Melee attacks under the effect of Adrenaline knock down [2/6/10] seconds.
Note: While knocked down by Overwhelming Force, the enemy is considered helpless.

Punching something for 2000dmg and stunning it at the same time is absolutely amazing on EEs and works on almost everything, including orange-named and undeads (helpless damage on undead!:eek:).

Inouk
03-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Tier 4 FotW
Overwhelming Force: Passive Bonus: Melee attacks under the effect of Adrenaline knock down [2/6/10] seconds.
Note: While knocked down by Overwhelming Force, the enemy is considered helpless.

Punching something for 2000dmg and stunning it at the same time is absolutely amazing on EEs and works on almost everything, including orange-named and undeads (helpless damage on undead!:eek:).

Excellent point!!

+1

whereispowderedsilve
03-11-2013, 05:26 PM

Tier 4 FotW

Does this(Overwhelming Force) work with handwraps? Please & thanks in advance! :P! :)! Cheers!

Partydeluxe
03-12-2013, 02:29 AM
I don't have a wrap user so I have no way to confirm that, sorry.

Vellrad
03-12-2013, 02:34 AM

Tier 4 FotW

This is bugged somehow, and don't work as described :(

Anyway, for me, adrenaline is meh until you can buy enhancement allowing it to regenerate on vorpals.

Partydeluxe
03-12-2013, 02:41 AM
This is bugged somehow, and don't work as described :(
You mean it's bugged for wraps? It certainly isnt for khopeshes

Anyway, for me, adrenaline is meh until you can buy enhancement allowing it to regenerate on vorpals.
Fury eternal (tier 5) is needed to keep throwing those adrenalines, yes

Vellrad
03-12-2013, 02:45 AM
You mean it's bugged for wraps? It certainly isnt for khopeshes

There was someting about duration or wrong description.

EllisDee37
03-14-2013, 03:41 AM
(does MS +3 range stack with the +2 from adrenaline?)Ah, that explains your skepticism about adrenaline. You're only at tier 0.

At tier 5 it's +16 to critical range, so stacking is irrelevant. You crit on a 2 (1 is always auto-miss, of course) unless you use picks/axes/bludgeon. In which case you crit on a 3.