PDA

View Full Version : Is the +1 Exceptional Int worth the grind on a lvl 16 Cove Spyglass for an Arti?

Brendae
03-02-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm just wondering. I've got the tier 2 Spyglass which seems pretty handy. As I understand it +1 Exceptional Intelligence is just a +1 stacking int modifier? I'd have to grind to create a Greater Cunning Trinket and then grind again to get the Doubloons to upgrade. It seems like a huge amount of time spent for, well, not much.

Am I misunderstanding the benefits of +1 Exceptional Intelligence?

Krelar
03-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Would it put you at an even intelligence number? If not then its probably not worth it. If so it's +1 to you intelligence based skills (Disable device,Search,repair), a few more spell points, and +1 to the DC's of your spells (I haven't played an arti but depending on how many of the spells you use have DC checks this could be significant).

I imagine it was a lot more impressive when the only places you could get +1 exceptuion were on greensteel, TOD rings, (some EPIC items?). Now it's on random loot.

apaurin
03-02-2013, 09:32 AM
It's not +1 modifier, it just raises your intelligence score by 1. I would say it's not worth the grind, mine stays at tier 2 until I need lvl 20 version.

Brendae
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the responses. It is always nice when your suspicions are confirmed.

BlkDrgn28
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
It's not +1 modifier, it just raises your intelligence score by 1. I would say it's not worth the grind, mine stays at tier 2 until I need lvl 20 version.

BUT if that Exc +1 Int brings his Intelligence EVEN then it does add +1 to his Int skills as was noted.

arminius
03-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Even better though is the Green augment on an accessory. Makes it extremely valuable to fit Blue augments on a non-armor or non-shield, since so many of the most valuable armors, robes, and shields are named and don't have augment slots.

apaurin
03-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Even better though is the Green augment on an accessory. Makes it extremely valuable to fit Blue augments on a non-armor or non-shield, since so many of the most valuable armors, robes, and shields are named and don't have augment slots.

I agree, epic version is worth getting to tier 3, lower level versions though I don't think so.

EllisDee37
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
It is only worth it because it's BTA. If you ever roll up, say, a wizard/rogue, you'll really enjoy being able to pass a tier 3 ML16 spyglass.

If you don't foresee a lot of alternate uses for it, meaning it's just for your artie and just for this life, then skipping tier 3 is a no-brainer.

Ryiah
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
If you don't foresee a lot of alternate uses for it, meaning it's just for your artie and just for this life, then skipping tier 3 is a no-brainer.

Or even skipping the level 16 version altogether in favor of building a level 20 one.