PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Paladin Tank - Does everything seem good?

Failedlegend
02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey guys I know this is a pretty simple build but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything glaringly obvious that I may have missed before we play (aside from the fact that it uses maces...was my friends request)

Human Lawful Good Paladin18/Fighter2 Mace & Shield

Str 14 (Lvl ups here... 14(base)+6(lvls)+3(tome) = 23)
Dex 10
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 16

Paladin 1-6, Fighter 7-8, Paladin 9-20

1 PA, Cleave
3 Toughness
6 Shield Mastery
7 Stunning Blow (F)
8 IC: Bludgeoning (F)
9 Improved Shield Mastery
12 Great Cleave
15 Combat Expertise
18 Empower Healing
ED Unyielding Sentinel
21 Bulwark of Defense
24 Overwhelming Critical

Fedora
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Looks good, I'm assuming DoS?

I think that if you take Fighter at level 1 you will get an extra feat, but it will push the PrE back to level 7.

Failedlegend
02-27-2013, 11:20 AM

I think that if you take Fighter at level 1 you will get an extra feat, but it will push the PrE back to level 7.

I'd rather get the PrE ASAP besides I still get the extra feat when I take fighter at 7 & 8

Fedora
02-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Cool. Only other thing (which can be handled easy with a tome) is Charisma needs to be base 18 if you plan on DM III or 20 for DM IV.

:)

Failedlegend
02-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Cool. Only other thing (which can be handled easy with a tome) is Charisma needs to be base 18 if you plan on DM III or 20 for DM IV.

:)

+2 tome is no biggie for DM3...+4 tome is unlikely but honestly the exta build points aren't worth cranking Cha to 18

Thanks Fedora :D

unbongwah
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
. . . mace & shield? Is that a joke? :eek: Warhammers are better, especially if your friend aims for Mornh; but slashing weapons make most sense.

chanw4
02-27-2013, 11:36 AM

define extra feat? You don't get any 'extra' feat at all. You get a bonus fighter feat whenever you take a lv1 fighter class at any level.

Failedlegend
02-27-2013, 11:39 AM
. . . mace & shield? Is that a joke? :eek: Warhammers are better, especially if your friend aims for Mornh; but slashing weapons make most sense.

Sorry I should have specified it's 1-handed bludgeoning weapon & shield and yes I know slashing is better which is when I specified the only reason it's IC:bludgeon is because of my friends request.

Enoach
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Just a note about the Epic Bulwark of Defense Feat - The AC bonus only applies if you are in Combat Expertise or Defensive Fighting Stance. The DoS/SD stances of the PRE do not activate this. This was not to discourage you from using the Feat I just wanted to make sure it was understood that the Feat was only a benefit while in one of those two stances, so how much time will you be in CE vs PA should be considered.