PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Ensemble: A New Twist On Some Old Loot

Kilbar
02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
A lot of loot got updated and/or modified with the advent of Update 17, but this is something that's been percolating at the back of my mind for literally years. In The Kobold's New Ringleader, each Bugbear drops a signature piece of loot. My idea is to give this loot minor resonating effects such that when one character uses all five pieces; Madooroh's Vest, Bronkarz's Cloak, Grundok's Boots, Rhakmel's Dagger, and Brakhash's Axe, they're a minor death machine... with a catch.

Okay, first of all, here's how I actually envision it working. If two items are used together, you get one of the following Lesser Bane effects attached to all your attacks. If three are used, an additional Lesser Bane is added to the roster until you have all five items at which time all effects are upgraded to full regular Bane effects. The order in which the effects are recieved is always the same, so you always know what you're getting into. The order in which you gain the effects is:

Lesser Dwarven Bane
Lesser Elven Bane
Lesser Human Bane
Lesser Halfling Bane
Warforged Bane (Special: To the best of my knowledge, this doesn't actually exist, but it should be obvious how it works. Remember, at this stage the earlier stages upgrade to Bane from Lesser Bane)

That catch I mentioned earlier? Why, it's that the Assassin's Ensemble was meant to kill PC races, of course! These ARE Bugbear items, after all! Oh due to the power of this set, I believe it would be necessary to bind it to account.

So... What do you think? Stupid or awesome?

danotmano1998
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
awesome?

This. Great work tying in the story line and the loot to fit together.
Considering the level of the quests and the loot, I would say keep them as lesser banes

Warforged Bane (Special: To the best of my knowledge, this doesn't actually exist)

Construct Bane

CheeseMilk
02-25-2013, 12:13 PM
This is a pretty cool idea.

I'd like to see more low-powered sets like this. Nothing that is a must-have by any means, but something that adds a bit of flavour.

parowan
02-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Fun idea.

If bane is overpowered, maybe something like sneak attack +1 or +2. After all, the set does take 5 slots. Should get something extra from it.