PDA

View Full Version : Damage Flag Red Crystals

Asmodeus451
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
had a thought:

we currently have Red augments that allow you to add Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, etc. Damage Flags to your weapons to bypass DR

but there are some enemies out there with damage TYPE DR. Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning

wouldnt it be nice if we had a Red Crystal that let us add these too?

CaptainSpacePony
02-23-2013, 05:14 PM
had a thought:

we currently have Red augments that allow you to add Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, etc. Damage Flags to your weapons to bypass DR

but there are some enemies out there with damage TYPE DR. Slashing, Piercing, Bludgeoning

wouldnt it be nice if we had a Red Crystal that let us add these too?

I'm kind of oppossed to this one. I don't think it would be OP, but in my mind it strikes me as being out of flavor. I can see how you could add mystical flames or the essense of cold iron (or simply lace it with cold iron). I don't really get how enchanting your vorpal hand axe of snicker-snack will make it not so sharp for 'dem bones. Want to smash a skeleton with a blunt weapon? Then do so, but I don't see augments vastly altering the physical shape of the business end of a weapon. (I do like weapons with multiple damage types though. I think short swords could/should be pierce/slashing for example.)

Perhaps the flaw is in how I conceive of how or what augments are suppossed to be.